22 Hornet scope?

marmot60

I need to put a scope on my 527 CZ. I do not need to see a fly speck on the moon. Most shots will probably be under 150yds. and perhaps up to a maximum of 200yds. My last name is not Onasis or Gates. Does anyone have any suggestions and why? thank you in advance

If your looking for a lot of scope for the money check out Cabela's Pine ridge scopes. They start at $70.00 and go up from there. I've used a bunch of their 2 by 7 and 2.5 by 7 shotgun/black powder scopes on 22's and big game rifles with nary a problem. Their warrentee return policy is great if you ever do have a problem.

My ruger 77 heavy barrel hornet wears a Weaver 2-10x40.Why? Because for the money its the best Japanese made scope out there. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I love my Leupold 2-7 with fine crosshairs, what a combination if you can find one. This combo works well on my Hornet, the old Redfield 2-7 USA made otherwise known as vintage are great glass if you can get your hands on one. That's my .02 cents worth.

I'm using a little bit bigger scopes on my 22 Hornets than the others here. On my walk-about rifle I have a LUPE VXIII 4.5-14X40. On my table rifle, I have a LUPE VXII 6-18X40. On my 17 & 19 Hornets I have similar scopes. I use my Hornets a lot on ground squirrels and they are an awfully small target at 100 yds. and my old eyes aren't as good as they once were.

I have three hornets, one wears a 3 to 9 Leupold VX2, one wears a Pine Ridge 4 to 12, and the other has a Nikon 4.5 to 14. I like all of them and really have no prefrence. I would not say that these are best but that this is what I use, I tend to want a little more scope as years go by.

My Browning 22 hornet wears a Bushnell 3200 5-15X40 with a Firefly reticle. I don't use the Firefly feature but the extra thick post narrow down to a thin cross hair. When night hunting I just "bracket" the animal and I'm good! This has been a very productive set-up for me. I just put the same scope on my Browning .17 ackley hornet.

What exactly are you using this scope for? For under 150 yards you don't need much more than a 3-9. If you want something that isn't junk and to get more than a season or three out of it your looking at $100 plus. There's scopes out there for allot less then Leupold's with similar quality and great warranties. Nothing wrong with Leupold's except the price. Check out the Mueller site I posted. I have a 3-9 40mm sport dot. Couldn't be happier for under $175.00.

The 77/22 Ruger that I bought from Susqaush here on the Forum , wears a 3x9 Tasco. I've been pleased with the results. No it's not a Bushnell Elite but it not bad. Look on the classified here first. I like the versatility of the 3x9.

Having had several rifles with variable powers thru the years I usually just set them at one of the powers and leave it there. I am finding that now the fixed power scopes can be way more expensive than the variables.

Back