Bit the bullet New Ritch Johnson 20 practical on order.

You will love it. He built me a 24" 20P a few years ago. I killed over 70 coyotes with it in 2 years and all but one were bang flop. If your using it for coyotes stock up on 35 bergers and benchmark. From 40 yards to just over 530 yards the bergers served me well

Good deal. You're going to love it! In the mean time while you wait for your upper, you can start piecing your lower together. You'll need a good drop in trigger, a lower receiver parts kit, a lower receiver, and a buttstock kit. It's very easy to assemble. You can literally google how to assemble a lower receiver, and sit down and put the entire thing together while you watch the video. Should only take you 15-20 minutes tops, with tools you probably have in your tool box already. I went with a PSA lower for my build. I bought one of the blemished lowers that they have on sale, and honestly couldn't find a single blemish on the receiver. Here's a link to it.

http://palmettostatearmory.com/catalog/product/view/id/10445/

Here is a good video that quickly explains how the 20 practical cases are formed from 223 cases. It looks super simple, and I'm sure Ritch can hook you up with the correct parts, or part numbers for what you will need.

Originally Posted By: PowellSixOHere is a good video that quickly explains how the 20 practical cases are formed from 223 cases. It looks super simple, and I'm sure Ritch can hook you up with the correct parts, or part numbers for what you will need.

That's a good video but I wouldn't be using the HOS and not letting it dry. There be dragons if you do that long enough.

I use a gutted 223 die for the first step. The only problem with the 223 seater is that it will allow the bullet to wobble somewhat and induce run not. Far better to spend the extra $15.00 and use a 20 caliber seater. I use a Redding 204 or a Hornady generic 20 both with micrometer tops.

Greg

Thanks for all the help!!!

I also got Ritch's lower on order & BTE trigger on order.

Whats a good buffer tube setup that you guys would recommend??

Originally Posted By: GLShooterOriginally Posted By: PowellSixOHere is a good video that quickly explains how the 20 practical cases are formed from 223 cases. It looks super simple, and I'm sure Ritch can hook you up with the correct parts, or part numbers for what you will need.

That's a good video but I wouldn't be using the HOS and not letting it dry. There be dragons if you do that long enough.

I use a gutted 223 die for the first step. The only problem with the 223 seater is that it will allow the bullet to wobble somewhat and induce run not. Far better to spend the extra $15.00 and use a 20 caliber seater. I use a Redding 204 or a Hornady generic 20 both with micrometer tops.

Greg

Yes I agree. It's just a quick video showing how easy it is to size the 223 brass to a 20 Practical, not a reloading video. I personally stand my brass up in tray and spray them from all four sides, trying to get a tiny amount inside of the case necks at the same time. Then let them dry. I've had good luck this way, and get good life out of my brass.

Originally Posted By: PowellSixO

Yes I agree. It's just a quick video showing how easy it is to size the 223 brass to a 20 Practical, not a reloading video. I personally stand my brass up in tray and spray them from all four sides, trying to get a tiny amount inside of the case necks at the same time. Then let them dry. I've had good luck this way, and get good life out of my brass.

That is what I do know . Being a CRB with that stuff is not good and a little down time filling primer tubes etc. while it dries is important. That stuff when still wet will stick a case in a heart beat.

Greg

Originally Posted By: CoyotejunkiI have one on order too. Getting antsy myself. I have so little patience sometimes. laffin

I met Patience once. Didn't help my need for immediate gratification one bit. Worse than waiting on my Little Orphan Annie Decoder Ring.

Greg

Originally Posted By: GLShooterOriginally Posted By: PowellSixO

That is what I do know . Being a CRB with that stuff is not good and a little down time filling primer tubes etc. while it dries is important. That stuff when still wet will stick a case in a heart beat.

Greg

Not trying to start a war or anything but I been using the One Shot lube wet for quite a while and not stuck a case yet. Am I waiting on a problem to happen? Just asking for my own benefit, I hate stuck cases.

Originally Posted By: pyscodogOriginally Posted By: GLShooterOriginally Posted By: PowellSixO

Greg

Not trying to start a war or anything but I been using the One Shot lube wet for quite a while and not stuck a case yet. Am I waiting on a problem to happen? Just asking for my own benefit, I hate stuck cases.

I use it religiously and many hate it. The key is letting it dry and using enough of it. I have stuck cases before but that was due to my impatience in not letting it dry. I also like to take a freshly cleaned die and hit it with a spritz before sizing my first cases in a batch. I don't want to hand lube a couple hundred cases at once when I am in large production mode. I don't foresee anything jumping up and causing you discomfort in the future. I even use it for some mild case forming like my 20 Tactical.

Greg

Originally Posted By: pyscodogOriginally Posted By: GLShooterOriginally Posted By: PowellSixO

Greg

One problem you can possibly see is dented cases. Look at your brass very carefully at the shoulder of your cases. If they are too wet, you can dent the shoulder of the case.

Originally Posted By: PowellSixO

One problem you can possibly see is dented cases. Look at your brass very carefully at the shoulder of your cases. If they are too wet, you can dent the shoulder of the case.

Yep, the heavy wet will do that just like the other lubes we use. I remember learning on the RCBS Brylcreem in 1975 about that!! LOL

Greg

Back