You cant kill em on the couch...

realhunter

Tonight the wind was howling 25 mph from the NW. Big front coming through Indiana today... But, we decide to go out anyway. We make our first set ( a bust ) set up on some hay-bales that bordered a couple wood lots. We alternated between a foxpro wildfire & a icotech gc 500 on rabbit distress for approx 40 min... no dice.

Walk back to truck... get to truck. I say hey that drainage in ft of us looks good & its out of the wind a bit, lets give it a try. So we walk down to a group of small trees in the field I set out the icotech & mojo decoy, Jones sets out the foxpro & another unkown motorized decoy approx 50 yds from the first to the west.

I run 4 or 5 cottontail distress series' on the icotech... nothing... the foxpro was having some issues. Then it started working. About 30 second in to the call a coyote appears on the ridge around 250 yds out. I then hit the icotech cottontail, and boom here she comes. She made it to 40 yds & Donald & I double tapped her
cool.gif

I immediately hit pup distress & not 40 seconds later - boom, male shows up on same ridge. But, he was not moving without a visual. We hit a few distress cotton tail calls, but nada he was hung up & even layed down... So I told Jones, I'm gonna try him there. I estimated 250 - that was too far, miss! he runs 20 yds & stops ... bang - miss again! He's on a dead run now to the east...I lead him two full mils in the scope & bang, heard the bullet hit " whoop " & a cartwheel!! Best shot I've ever made lol... 195 yds on a dead run!

nl362r.jpg

35a2nad.jpg

4l4qd0.jpg

Nice job good shootin! Amazing how much lead it takes at 200+ to smack em runnin full tilt I usually think no way I'm to far out in front the whop and tumble lol

Back