Sometimes it's easy

realhunter

First set called for about 30 min with rabbit distress on the icotech... Caught movement about 1500 yds to my north on the skline. It was a Deer & a coyote staring each other down. Yote wouldn't come in, so I packed up & headed to one last set for the eve about a mile away.

Spot is a couple woodlots separated by a cut corn field and a couple nearby homesteads... go to the end of one finger of woods set our icotec & mojo decoy. Turn around walk to a big oak tree & plop down & chamber a round. Hit play & in less than a min I catch movement... 4 coyotes enter the field from my right!! Call is in its pause in between series... coyotes stop. Call starts back up after about 30 sec & this big male stops about 75 yds. settled the crosshairs & let the 25-223AR claim it's 4th yote'

fvfihv.jpg

fwrrz6.jpg

I threw some lead at the other three but they must have been shot at before cause they were GONE!

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: tt35Congratulations! That's a pretty furred up coyote. What bullet? Any damage?

Nosler 25/85 BT Mfr Part: 43004. / .25 cal entry & about a quarter sized exit... I don't think I can push the bullet fast enough in this cartridge with a 16.5" barrel. But, he was stone dead before he hit the ground & didn't twitch.
cool.gif

Gonna try the Sierra .257 75 gr HP's next...

Back