Wild Hunt last night...

realhunter

We got set up last night over looking a cut bean field, that had a ridge above it that was really thick reclaimed coal mine ground. we hammered on a distress calls for quite some time at least 35 minutes... And got no response just before dark we decided to switch to howls. that really got all the coyote in the area fired up. We had a group in front of us on the ridge and one below us. The group in front of us finally made their self visible in the field. The only way I could see them was in my scope. I couldnt see them with my naked eye it was so dark. But there was a big male in the group that was challenging us and making all kinds of vocalizations that I've never heard. Once they stop in the field we switch to distress and they seen our decoys and came in. Mouth woof n a flurry of shots... and came home with one.
16947mb.jpg

We used an e caller from icotech & fox pro alternating rabbit distress on each they are a bit different sounding... the how's they liked the most were the female yodel on fox pro & the coyote howl on ioctech I think it's a western rivers sound...

Back