Stretching the legs of the Grendel a bit

Smokin Barrel

We just got back from what I call a "vacation". I got to spend 10 days camping out of cell phone range and the rest of civilization. This is a trip we take every year and have only missed it once two years ago when my second son was born. I really look forward to it every year. Got to do a ton of shooting and put about 300 miles on my four wheeler....only got pics this day of shooting though.

So first a few shots of the area and it's occupants. These three bull moose were together 30 yds off the road. We had one other wonder into camp the evening before, but my BIL's Red Healer chased him off, so no pics of him.

This was the first time I had gotten to shoot my Grendel (.264 LBC upper Scott at SD built me) beyond 300 yds in some time. I was shooting at about 400 ( to the quakies) and 650 (to the pines past the quakies). The crappy cell phone pics just don't turn out
cursing.gif

IMG_20130801_152633_139_zps7599db03.jpg

IMG_20130801_155626_534_zpsbb220e87.jpg

IMG_20130801_155436_824_zps1584b6f3.jpg

So here is a pick of the last 3 (near low center) at 400 and the first 5 (all lower left) at 650. The horse flies were hellacious in this particular spot, so we didn't shoot very long here.

And as always my spotters are never far behind.....

Looks like a fine time!! Great to see the little one tagging along.. Cherish brother the grow way to fast!!! That grendal is a piece of machinery ain't it!!
Great photos !!!

That looks like a similar color to Jeff Mock's rifle, is that a Specialized Dynamics 6.5?

I am waiting for my barrel to come in so I can get my own. I know the 6.5 to be a VERY accurate and fun round to shoot.

Love the pics of the kids. Shooting and kids in the outdoors, what a great combo.

Thanks for sharing.

Originally Posted By: SnowmanMoThat looks like a similar color to Jeff Mock's rifle, is that a Specialized Dynamics 6.5?

I am waiting for my barrel to come in so I can get my own. I know the 6.5 to be a VERY accurate and fun round to shoot.

Love the pics of the kids. Shooting and kids in the outdoors, what a great combo.

Thanks for sharing.

It is a SD .264 upper. One of my favorite to shoot. It was all black when Scott went it to me. I had the whole works Cerakoted in Magpul FDE.

The kids were happy in the pics, but when my son lost the key to the wheeler and we had a 45 minute hand-and-knees exercise to find it, dad was a little tense. We were a long way from camp and it was a steep drive down in there. Needless to say the thought of walking out of there gave a little needed motivation to find that stinking key!

Back