Electronic Call Help (I'm new to coyote hunting)

NB247

Hello! I've just started coyote hunting and have been using two hand calls (Primos Double cottontail and circe 3 in 1) and haven't had any luck. I've gotten some Christmas money and am looking to buy an electronic call. I wanna stay under $100 and have found two that I'm considering:
1) ICOtec GC300 Electronic Game Call - Predator
2) Hunter Specialties Johnny Stewart's Attractor with remote Predator Caller

I am hunting in South Dakota where the wind can often be pretty fierce so I'm thinking the first one. Im wondering what you guys think and if you have any better suggestions. Any help/other suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Please remember I am pretty new to coyote hunting. Thanks!!

Last edited:
Since you've gotten no replies I'll throw my 2 cents out.

Most of the JS sounds are very good. I've heard the JS Attractor and it doesn't seem very loud to me.

I have not heard the GC300. But with it's horn speaker, I've got to think it is capable of being much louder than the JS Attractor. The ICOtec uses Wildlife Technologies sounds and they are also very good sounds.

Personally, between the 2 you're considering, I go with the GC300. And that's only due to the volume difference (or what should be a volume difference).

Get after em.

If you will be calling in the wind, the attractor is not going to be a good choice. I dont know anything about the Icotec.

ICOTEC has same speaker as fp wildfire, some say a tad louder, even if the same, the remote is much better!

The JS, icotec and fp decoys and some fp parts made by same company. Lots better info on other sites.

You may want to consider a JS cassette caller they are on ebay cheap, the reason I know is I upgraded last December to an alpha dog and was going to sell mine and they can't hardly get a bid on most of them. I decided it wasn't worth the trouble and I would just keep mine. Mine has the rechargeable battery that can be replaced for $20-25 at battery warehouse when they won't take a charge anymore, be leery of the ones that take D batteries, they can and will leak, i know from experience, Mine has the big speaker and has plenty of volume. Ask lots of questions and only buy from a top rated seller.

I wore out 2 js tape palyers , mess around trying to make a call, ended up buying spitfire ,best money I ever spent ,might want to save up for a foxpro.I plan on getting a hellfire soon

Back