Shooting suppressed in Washington state -- MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!

sendit223

There is a good thread over in the freedom forum for any/all Washington voters.

If you want to be able to shoot suppressed in our state (instead of just owning and not being able to use), send an email/write/call your state senator now as there is a bill that has passed the house (overwhelmingly) and is in the state senate.

Every voice counts. Now is the time to act. Don't complain later if you don't act now. Law enforcement supports the bill.

Thread:
http://www.predatormastersforums.com/for...882#Post1783882

Last edited:
rynokron - thanks. I try to have fun with it.

Thanks skinney. We're just trying to get rid of a stupid rule that prohibits use even though we can own.

I got a response from my senator's assistant:

"HB 1016 did make it out of the House and was sent to the Senate Judiciary Committee where it was moved out to the Rules committee.

Now we wait and see if it can be moved. The Rules committee has a 3 step process to move bills to the floor. We are given pull options from the majority party and the committee members make picks based on what is given to them as choices. We do not know what those options are prior to the meeting notice.

So, I have added this bill to his pull request list. That is the best we can do for now."

Please send emails/letters/calls to the Rules committee members who can be found at:

http://apps.leg.wa.gov/billinfo/summary.aspx?bill=1016&year=2011

Called in my support. Super easy. Call 1-800-562-6000 and tell them you support bill HB-1016. Takes only a couple mins. Act now while we can!

I called and left voice mails for 11 of the Rules Committee members today asking for their continued support. 10 or so more to go tomorrow.

It's easy to do and it will help.

Nope not in X file. That was the senate version. The original house version, which passed overwhelmingly in the house got pushed to the senate. You have to look on the house site to see the progress in the senate of that bill HB1016. Nice and transparent eh? They were identical bills, the house version moved forward and the senate version died in committee. Now the house bill moves forward.

Here is the link for the house bill:
http://apps.leg.wa.gov/billinfo/summary.aspx?bill=1016&year=2011
On 3/18 it got moved in the senate for a second reading, which is/was the next step.

So, voter voices still matter on this one and it is easy to contact them (see above)

Glad there are some intelligent people in Washington, I just wish we had a few in California.
cursing.gif

Excellent...

laugh.gif

Now if we could just get this state up to the federal standard on SBR's and Full Auto's.

I really hated selling my toy's and leaving them behind in Arizona when I came back home.

Last edited:
The state legislative website indicates that it is effective 90 days after Sine Die (which should have been tonight, but they haven't posted that yet):

IN THE HOUSE
Apr 1 Speaker signed.
IN THE SENATE
Apr 4 President signed.
OTHER THAN LEGISLATIVE ACTION
Apr 6 Delivered to Governor. (View Bill as Passed Legislature)
Apr 11 Governor signed.
Chapter 13, 2011 Laws. (View Session Law)
Effective Date is 90 days after adjournment Sine Die

So mid July would be the best bet.

It is not as complicated as it seems at first. The best advice I can give you is to find a class 3 dealer and talk to them. A good class 3 dealer will patiently explain the steps involved (buy a suppressor from them, fill out a form, wait, get another form filled out by your CLEO, wait, wait, wait, get a call from your class 3 dealer that says "you can pick up your can now"). End to end the process will take a 2-5 months depending.

It's worth it. Google "silencer talk" and you will find a very useful website.

Back