Bobcat morning

trashcan

First, I cannot tell a lie, I got this big boy without calls and just by being still while hunting deer.

Our property is pretty much a thick mesquite and cedar so I hunt waterholes and windmills.
I got to the waterhole before light, got set in my ground blind and at daybreak I had a bunch of ducks come in and start entertaining me:

MRducks.jpg

Anyway these ducks were quacking and making all sorts of racket and I noticed movement from my left. Here comes a big Bobcat Tom and he is intent on the ducks. He keeps heading toward me and I made the descision to pop him with my pistol (pre29 S&W 44mag). I waited till he gave me a shot on his shoulder and dropped him where you see him in this pic taken from my ground blind:

BC1.jpg

BC2.jpg

This cat weighed in at 33 lbs and had his back toes on his right foot fused together from being trapped somewhere back down the line. I am 6'2" and 1/2 so you can get a feel for the size of the bugger:

BC4.jpg

BC3.jpg

BC5.jpg

Anyway super cool experience, every time he turned to look at the ducks I was able to raise the pistol till I was on him. I believe the distance was under 7yds when I popped him. If you look in the pic of where he's on the ground, he came out on the trail you can see between the two cedars in the center of the pic. Natural Gear camo is your friend!!I'm having the hide tanned and the skull done for my gun closet.

Last pic, my new pup getting a nose full. He was super brave after he figured out the cat was dead
crazy.gif
:

BC6.jpg

Trashcan
Death Card Calls

P.S. Does it count as predator hunting that I had one of my calls in my shirt pocket??

P.S.S we ate it

http://www.predatormastersforums.com/for...mp;#Post1743039

HOM%20-%20Banner.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Trashcan, that's one heck of a nice cat. Really nice job with a handgun, it just made some great memories.

Thanks for the photos and story.

David

Great shooting and a very nice cat. I have never gotten one or seen one over 28 lbs up here. That is a whopper.

I've taken 9 cats, the largest being 27 pounds. A 33 pound bobcat is one heck of a fighting force - an army of one.

Back