Picked up a new rifle yesterday (Kimber Montana .223)

Originally Posted By: Orneryolfart357A Tikka t3 lite is 6#3oz.adding a scope is dependant on what you need. As I mentioned before.. Please post the Results of an unaltered rifle.. Not one that has been sent off to get bedding, Trigger work.. One that you actually take out and shoot.. Then tell us about Kimber,Cooper Remmi, and the rest..Tell us the whole story. Id bet a 200 Stevens would match the accuracy.

Never said there was anything wrong with any other brand of rifle, said they weren't what I was looking for. If a Stevens 200 makes you happy, more power to ya.

He did say "all up", I believe. The Kimber ain't sportin' a bunch of plastic parts, either, like the Tikka.

Not sure what the Stevens comment is about? There are lots of rifles out there that shoot well out of the box. Accuracy being equal, there are also a lot of other things that make a good rifle what it is........

Well, like you say.. spend more to get less. My money doesnt go that way. Spend the way you will. Plastic parts dont bother me when I shoot well. I like the fact that a rifle shoots the way its advertised to do so. Tell me about the other rifles.

Biggest question is, who cares where you spend your money? Like I said before, if a Stevens 200 makes you happy, more power to ya.

Originally Posted By: Orneryolfart357A Tikka t3 lite is 6#3oz.adding a scope is dependant on what you need. As I mentioned before.. Please post the Results of an unaltered rifle.. Not one that has been sent off to get bedding.....

Since the T3 Lite is not available with open sights, I'd say most would be dependent upon a scope. Or do you run yours bareback?
crazy.gif

And, since the Montana comes both pillar AND glass bedded, well, I don't think that he'll be shipping it out for bedding any time soon.

I agree with you that someone needs to "tell you about the other rifles", since you don't even understand the 2 in question........

Dang, someone is living up to their screen name now aren't they? Orneryolfart, Buster is proud of HIS new rifle and justifiable so I might add. Buster isn’t making any fantastic claims or knocking anyone else’s choice in rifles. I’m really struggling to understand why you are weighing in so strongly with off topic negative comments. It would seem the choice should be either no comment, or, something along the lines of “nice rifle.” You don't normally post like this so I hope you're just having a bad day or sumpin'.

That's a great looking rifle. And I'm sure if feels nice and is well built. That's a Kimber rifle I wouldn't be afraid of carrying around.

GC Thats it.. Its been a bad day..I should do what I do best and remain silent.. Thanks for setting me straight...Enjoy your new Rifle. And happy Holidays..

First range trip, all factory ammo, all five shot groups. Stacks the first three, then opens up a bit with four and five, which isn't real surprising considering the platform and the shooter's abilities. I think it has potential...

Fiocchi 40gr Vmax
Fiocchi 50gr Vmax
Federal Gold Medal Match (FGMM) 69gr MK

target.jpg

Should be minute of coyote....
lol.gif

That is, if I could ever get one in my sights! I've made 38 stands so far this year and have seen exactly two coyotes and have yet to kill one. Worst slump in history for me!

Perfect!!! and in a rifle that weighs under 7lbs. scoped and is under or right at a grand.
thumbup1.gif
I can't buy or build a rifle that meets those specs. for under a grand.

I own a some of those mentioned above and while they shoot pretty darn good, they all weigh more than Buster's Kimber. My lightest rifle is a wood stocked Ruger Ultralight and it weighs in a 7lbs. 8oz. with a 2x7 scope on it and that's with a 20" barrel. My synthetic stock model weighs more than the wood stock model. The Kimber sports a 22" barrel that is a bit heavier than the Ultralight barrel. And just for another comparison, my Rem. Model 7 in 17Rem sports an 18" barrel, has a synthetic stock, 2.5X8 Nikon scope, leather sling, and it weighs 8lbs. 3oz.
ohmy.gif

Yep, the Kimber is a great deal.

Originally Posted By: BusterShould be minute of coyote....
lol.gif

That is, if I could ever get one in my sights! I've made 38 stands so far this year and have seen exactly two coyotes and have yet to kill one. Worst slump in history for me!

I'm about 0 for 8.
thumbdown.gif

Originally Posted By: K22Perfect!!! and in a rifle that weighs under 7lbs. scoped and is under or right at a grand.
thumbup1.gif
I can't buy or build a rifle that meets those specs. for under a grand.

Yep,,, that was the point all along,, but now you can add "Shoots sub MOA with a multitude of factory ammo" to that..

Wish they made them in 17cal..

Good job Buster..
Charlie

Originally Posted By: brdeanoCharlie, you're just a barrel swap away from one.
grin.gif

Quiet Brad!!!
You're a bad influence..
cool.gif

Merry Christmas
smile.gif

Charlie

Don't tell him that till after we go out and beat them in the ATF Invitational.

LOL. Have a good holiday, my brothers.........

HA!!!
The only way you mutts could beat us is if Buster joins your team...
cool.gif

Merry Christmas to you and yours too Ken..
Stay safe.
Charlie

Back