R-15 Rail

DoubleCK

The folks at "Yankee Hill" were pretty sure their Forearm Rails would not fit my R-15 without modifications. I ordered a set of their 3" Accessory Rails anyway.

They fit perfect. I have a tactical light for the left side and plan to try a laser sight on the right.

I like the 3" length and the price is great.

http://www.yhm.net/store/forearms.html

R-15Rails.jpg

Rails.jpg

BBsteel, The R-15 ForeArms are drilled and tapped. The rails come drilled & with screws that fit the R-15 perfectly. Piece of Cake!

bhk, Yup, the remington rails are 4" and almost double the price.

I have been thinking about this for awhile;

I spent a good chunk of change on my R-15 for its features and camo job. Now I see people adding all kinds of extras to their gun that are not camouflaged, basically covering up the nice Dip job. Is anyone going to self-paint these "extras"?? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif

Dont get me wrong, i am going to buy the 3" rail. Thanks DoubleCK for the find. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif I will try to match the colors for my light and rail, but i dont think i can touch my $400 scope with a paint can.

Anyone have a good paint scheme to match the gun?

Hey Juice. I know what you mean. Did you see the post about "How to remove the dip camo from an R-25?" All the brunetts want to be blonde and the straight haired girls want curls.

After seeing Mr. South's R-15 I decided I like the look of the black accessories on the Rem Dip. I also think they will enhance the break-up/camo properties of the gun.

Cool Signature. Great quote.

Works great thanks for the heads up. I agree about the wanting to paint it but by the time I get my light on the rail you wont see much of it anyways. Just not worth extra money to get the camo one IMO.

R-15frontrail.jpg

R-15frontrail2.jpg

Looks Good! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Glad it worked for you.

I don't think paint would hold up to the repeated installations. I like the black just fine. Kind of like the Chrome on my Silverado. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I just did a google image search on the R-15 and up popped tons of pictures!!! I did this same thing about a month ago and just a couple popped up along with a bunch of Yamaha R-15 pics.

Just when i thought i was the only one with this gun, everyone went out and copied me! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Just ordered two rails. Thanks DoubleCK!

Back