illuminated reticle for bear

Posted by: MISportsman

illuminated reticle for bear - 08/02/19 12:02 PM

I'm setting up a dedicated bear rifle for the scope I'm looking into either the leupold vx-3i.or vx-r. Is the illuminated reticle really worth the extra $100?
Posted by: SlickerThanSnot

Re: illuminated reticle for bear - 08/03/19 08:54 PM

that would be totally up to the guy paying for it and using it.

so you going to get it?
Posted by: Gman757

Re: illuminated reticle for bear - 08/04/19 02:11 PM

Originally Posted By: MISportsman
I'm setting up a dedicated bear rifle for the scope I'm looking into either the leupold vx-3i.or vx-r. Is the illuminated reticle really worth the extra $100?

I have a 2-7x33 vx-R with the Firedot reticle and I say it's worth every penny. It's very adjustable so there is no "flaring" and it's great for low light or shooting at a dark background target.......like a bear.
Posted by: MISportsman

Re: illuminated reticle for bear - 08/04/19 05:36 PM

That's the exact one I was looking at
Posted by: REID2168

Re: illuminated reticle for bear - 08/04/19 08:29 PM

I have a VX6 Firedot.... model being irrelevant IMO u want the Firedot for the exact reasons he said especially a low light situation with a dark animal....bears I would def want DRT if I could ILO mad...…...Good Luck!!!!! thumbup1
Posted by: 6mm06

Re: illuminated reticle for bear - 08/09/19 04:00 PM

A friend borrowed a rifle from me to take bear hunting in Maine. My scope was a Leupold with standard reticle. Once he arrived and began hunting, he quickly realized the black reticle against a black bear in low light doesn’t work very well. Guide told him the same thing, so yes - an illuminated reticle for a dedicated bear outfit is worth the difference.
Posted by: Scrumbag

Re: illuminated reticle for bear - 08/10/19 10:34 AM

I don't have any scopes without an illuminated ret...
Posted by: Treerat-sniper

Re: illuminated reticle for bear - 12/11/19 11:55 PM

I have a VXR hog scope, the illuminated recticle is pretty sweet. I would buy another in a heartbeat.
Posted by: jcs271

Re: illuminated reticle for bear - 02/01/20 05:47 PM

Lots of posts on this very topic. Bottom line, buy that VXR 2-7 and never look back!