Predator hunting Chair/pack

Posted by: CallingArkansas

Predator hunting Chair/pack - 12/25/19 12:07 PM

I found and ordered a predator hunting chair/pack a few days ago and received it yesterday. Hunted with it yesterday evening and on into the night and Iíll have to say I like it a lot. It is a Summit Chair Pack version 2.5. There is also a 1.5 version available. Iíve been looking a long time trying to find the proper set up. The pack is plenty big for an ecaller, remote, shooting sticks and most any other things one might consider carrying. The chair is comfortable with a back and will set up in a high position or low position. Itís easy and quite to carry on my back and simply unfolds when you get to your setup spot.

Where I hunt I normally need to be up off the ground slightly which alway required carrying a stool or sitting on my turkey hunting vest cushion on the ground which was not a preferred way for me to sit. It wears like a backpack when walking and I carry my AR as a chest rig leaving my hands free.

IíM IN NO WAY AFFILIATED WITH MARKETING THIS PRODUCT. I just found something that works great for me That I had never seen before and wanted to share with this group.

Merry Christmas to you all!
Posted by: Possumal57

Re: Predator hunting Chair/pack - 12/25/19 12:15 PM

Is this the one? https://www.summitstands.com/chairpack-2-5 It looks like it has possibilities.

Re: Predator hunting Chair/pack - 12/25/19 05:35 PM

Yes
Posted by: AWS

Re: Predator hunting Chair/pack - 12/25/19 06:35 PM

Pretty cool set up. I'm glad you found something that works for you.
Posted by: SnowmanMo

Re: Predator hunting Chair/pack - 12/25/19 07:36 PM

Good of you to share your success. That's what PM is all about.
Posted by: Tikkamike

Re: Predator hunting Chair/pack - 12/25/19 11:46 PM

Iíd love that.. but Iím 75 lbs over the weight limit
Posted by: DesertRam

Re: Predator hunting Chair/pack - 12/29/19 06:37 PM

Hmm, that looks pretty handy. I have been using the now discontinued Mojo Critter Sitter for a few years and like the combination of pack and chair. It's near perfect except that a Shockwave won't fit inside, so I strap it on the outside. Do you think this chair's compartment would fit a Shockwave? I'd love another Critter Sitter as backup or for the kids, who are getting more into calling with me. That's not an option, but this could be. Thanks for sharing your experience.
Posted by: DiRTY DOG

Re: Predator hunting Chair/pack - 12/29/19 06:42 PM

Originally Posted By: Tikkamike
Iíd love that.. but Iím 75 lbs over the weight limit
Do you pack in a bear and sit on it?

Re: Predator hunting Chair/pack - 12/29/19 10:31 PM

I canít honestly say because Iíve never seen a shockwave. But You could definitly fit 2 Fusions in the large pack. I can compare it that way because Iím carrying the Fusion.
Posted by: btech29

Re: Predator hunting Chair/pack - 12/30/19 05:48 PM

That right there is slicker than snot. I want one of those.
Posted by: crittr gittr

Re: Predator hunting Chair/pack - 12/30/19 09:28 PM

Slicker where are you?
Posted by: desert dave

Re: Predator hunting Chair/pack - 01/01/20 12:40 AM

Originally Posted By: DesertRam
Hmm, that looks pretty handy. I have been using the now discontinued Mojo Critter Sitter for a few years and like the combination of pack and chair. It's near perfect except that a Shockwave won't fit inside, so I strap it on the outside. Do you think this chair's compartment would fit a Shockwave? I'd love another Critter Sitter as backup or for the kids, who are getting more into calling with me. That's not an option, but this could be. Thanks for sharing your experience.
troy, yes it will fit the shockwave perfect in the first compartment and still have the other 2 for other gear.
Posted by: tripod3

Re: Predator hunting Chair/pack - 01/01/20 12:53 AM

Looks pretty good, I always take my chair with me or it would be of more interest.
Posted by: Infidel 762

Re: Predator hunting Chair/pack - 01/01/20 02:40 AM

I started using one this year. It has a lot of room, easily fits an ICOtec outlaw with a lot of extra room. This is the first folding stool I have carried that has a back rest, feel like Iím chitin in tall cotton... not a very good pic of it, but that is it with my call setting on top of it...

Posted by: Iowayote92

Re: Predator hunting Chair/pack - 01/01/20 03:57 PM

Has anyone use the hidden instinct coyote tour chair?
Posted by: SEMOmike

Re: Predator hunting Chair/pack - 01/01/20 07:24 PM

I got the slydog ground and pound for both me and my son and really like it. I think itís almost exactly like the hidden instinct
Posted by: tcprohunter

Re: Predator hunting Chair/pack - 01/01/20 08:53 PM

Originally Posted By: Iowayote92
Has anyone use the hidden instinct coyote tour chair?

Yes, it is one of the better things Iíve gotten for coyote hunting
Posted by: Iowayote92

Re: Predator hunting Chair/pack - 01/01/20 10:52 PM

Right on, thinking about getting one. Getting a little sick of wet seat and leaning against a fence post.
Posted by: Pirogue

Re: Predator hunting Chair/pack - 01/01/20 11:29 PM

Guess you can tell it was by a company known for stands, and not packs. How hard would it be to give the volume size of the pack?
Posted by: Jim Byers

Re: Predator hunting Chair/pack - 01/03/20 07:46 PM

X3 on the sly dog ground and pound. Love mine, it is the same chair from the HI channel.

Re: Predator hunting Chair/pack - 01/10/20 01:28 AM

Originally Posted By: Pirogue
Guess you can tell it was by a company known for stands, and not packs. How hard would it be to give the volume size of the pack?

There is a lot of room. After one person asked in a previous post:
I looked at mine later.
I carry my fusion caller, remote, two of the lights that mount on my scope, a small tripod for my fusion to sit on and another tripod that my scan light mounts on. I would say it measure 14Ēx16Ēx4Ē. Middle compartment is very close to the same size with a devider across about halfway down.. I carry bike tools and tire repair kit, a thin lined rain jacket in that compartment along with a wither face mask, cpl pair of gloves and a first aid kit, and shotgun shells. And then the smaller compartment is maybe a third the size of the two bigger compartment. I carry some landowner permission lletters, gate keys, a knife, two 10 round AR 15 clips, one of those strap on headlights. It has elastic water bottle holders on both sides, I drop my bipod down one side, through a couple loops and into the water bottle holder. I do most of my hunting from an electric bike so I carry more than most because I venture so far from my truck maybe, all day or night. The pack is comfortable to carry, and quite when folding out the chair. Pack material should last many years. Hope this helps. My next engineering project will be to design hanger that mount on my back rack to hang it on. That way I would hardly ever need to wear it. My rifle scabbard is mounted on the other side.
Posted by: Navigator

Re: Predator hunting Chair/pack - 01/15/20 10:34 AM

Very nice chair. I wish it would hold up to a heavier load.
Now I want one but need a higher weight capacity.
JM
Posted by: Flesher

Re: Predator hunting Chair/pack - 01/15/20 03:17 PM

I have the Slydog. Love it. Very practical and comfortable, and the carry pouch is a big added bonus.
No more carrying all my gear by hand into a stand. put it in the bag and away I go.