INDIANA CALLIN

Posted by: REID2168

INDIANA CALLIN - 12/27/11 10:51 PM

Thanks for reading and i hope ill have more to share in the coming days. Maybe even a DOG DOWN.....BET!!!!!!!!!

REDNECK REID

Posted by: 220_Swift

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 12/28/11 07:58 AM

Welcome to Predator Masters!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted by: Yote Yoda USMC

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 12/28/11 09:29 AM

Welcome to PM.
Posted by: biggen0_8

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 12/28/11 10:45 AM

Yep there is as much excitment from calling them in, as there is from wackin em.

Welcome to PM,fellow Hoosier
Posted by: Rubenator

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 12/28/11 11:35 AM

Well first off I see it didnt take you long to pick up where you left off judging by your success. Which is good. Also see you dont skimp with cheap gear which is good. As far as the "click" goes, I think we all have experienced that at some point.
Posted by: dog1whckr

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 12/28/11 11:48 AM

Wow REDNECK, you sure do get excited.

Welcome to the best site in the world.

Good luck on your next go 'round with those 'yotes.
Posted by: Ernest II

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 12/28/11 03:02 PM

Yep it sure does get ya stoked to call em in. I lived in Greenwood for 20 years. Im in new castle now. About an hour from you. If you ever want to hunt with a partner shoot me a PM. Ive called in 4 in 2 months and got one and missed two and noi shot at the fourth.
Daryl P.
Posted by: Two_Clicks

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 12/28/11 07:41 PM

Welcome!

I use a summit climber to deer hunt and love it...

sounds like you're back at it and loving it!

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 12/28/11 09:08 PM

REDNECK REID

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 12/28/11 09:24 PM

i know this isnt a trapping thread but one quick note about my initial back at it 2009/2010 trapping season when i had stated the yote pull out (found toes) and trap gone (trapper anchoring error) when i was using modded 1.5 coils for fox not intending to catch coyotes......well last year during 2010/2011 season when i got the #2's modded them up and i had decided to try yotes only.....well of the 6 i caught one dog was missing half a front foot and another missing a complete front foot......i know it sounds like some BS aritist but i its true.......i was throughly amazed to be perfectly honest...its rained so much this year i just let it go and decided when it wasnt raining to go hunting cause i could gear up faster and plan it easier.........BET!!!!!!!!!!

REDNECK REID

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 12/28/11 09:57 PM

fellas are there instructions for posting pics as i do not see how to do it???????? please advise........thanks.

REDNECK REID
Posted by: howler_87413

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 12/29/11 12:01 AM

Welcome to predator masters.

Good to have your experience with us.
Posted by: unloaded

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 12/29/11 02:24 AM

If you goto an Army Surplus store you can pick up Molle or Alice strap and kidney belts, they make hauling a climber much easier.

Here is a pic of both Molle on left and Alice on right, be sure to get the little chest piece that holds the straps together on your chest, it helps a ton too.

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 12/29/11 07:14 AM

Posted by: 220_Swift

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 12/29/11 08:18 AM

Originally Posted By: REID2168
p.s. can someone point me in the right direction for posting pics such as the one above shoing the tree stands. thx.

Open a Photobucket account and check this out.............. How to post pictures

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 12/29/11 08:31 AM

thanks for the help its appreciated wink.....BINGO DINGO!!!!! thumbup1

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 12/29/11 09:16 AM

heres a pic of my BANG BANGS!!!!!!!!!!! thumbupalso i did the camo on the carbon Bushmaster myself..........also some of the the fox i had trapped 2009/2010 and had put on a PB account. i guess i didnt realize they all used the same photo upload process. thanks again for the help.

p.s. if i can find the photos of the yotes with the toes and front foot missing ill put them up. i know these are trapping photo but im not making two threads and just wanted to share as i know i like pics and so do others. thx.

Posted by: grt56

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 12/29/11 09:43 AM

Cool stuff there. I live in Greenwood and have been reviewing this site for the past year and have learner a lot.

I have slowly geared up and used the time to scout areas available to me and have noted many a hotel sign even got within 30 yards of one......LOL

Contact me,grab some Java at 4 seasons on the southside and chat.

GARY

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 12/29/11 09:47 AM

Cant type worth a [beeep] meant coyote not hotel,,.........LOL

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 12/30/11 09:55 AM

tried things a bit different yesterday as i got to the woods about 2 in the afternoon but i only planned to night hunt with all the daytime guys that were already there........so i scouted around and made plans to do my first stand in my tree stand and then when it got dark i would know where to walk in at and what i would be calling into after reviewing it beforehand during the day. heres some of my gear on the back of the truck.......

I also went to Gander and traded in my Gander Mountain shooting Bi-Pod due to its manual adjusting constraints even though i havent used it yet for shooting i can tell it would be tough to use in close quarters. so traded it back in and i got a Primos Trigger Stick and i was torn at first whether to get the single leg or bi-pod leg unit due to noise and adjusting for the shot.

well when i got to Gander and got to reviewing the units and i noticed when the Bi-Pod had the lower leg strap on with the legs bound together the unit would still work like a single leg unit and then when in bi-pod mode utilizing bothe legs it would angle adjust or whatever you needed easily with both legs free everytime you pulled the trigger so i got the bi-pod unit and couldnt be happier.

well the first stand was at these RR tracks with the tree stand...i waited until the sun was completely gone due to it being in my face at this point as well as the wind......after it got dark i finally started calling and after about 10 minutes i see eyes about 40 yards directly in front of me while playing mouse squeaks after some invitation howls and getting some return howls.....i thought wow they came.....well after about 10 minutes of switching it up he never moved far enough out of the brush to confirm the animal...then i realized after about 15 minutes that i was calling to a reflector that looked exactly like the eye of a predator with a side view....hahahahahahaha after i got down i confirmed the reflector and laughted at myself all the way back to the truck. these pics were fromn the ground directly in front of the tree i went up.

the next stand was in some open fields with waist high brush to my left and behind the brush pile. i got up on the brush pile clump and cleared a spot for sitting and getting up on it so when i came back in the dark it would be easier to get settled. nothing came but a siren went off while i was on stand and i could hear two sets of dogs. one directly to me left probably 1/2 to 3/4 mile and one to my left but further west from my position a mmile or better. called a while longer but nothing came. then after i get back to the truck another truck goes by and no sooner than it does a pack goes off right exactly where i had just been calling at this tree clump....im not sure if the dogs came after i left or had been there the entire time and waited until i left....dont know the answer to that....here is what it looked like in the daylight. the first pic is the brush pile i was up on wind directly in my face. next couple pics was the view from the pile.

this first pic is another stand i want to make.....if i was to walk directly towards the brush u see in the middle i could call out into the woods to the left in the pic. the other is just a small lake that hopefully freezes up before long and we get some snow as i think this would make a great spot once that water is turned into a snow field.

either way im still trying and probably headin back out.....guess we shall see how it goes.

REDNECK REID

Posted by: HardwickN

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 12/30/11 10:08 AM

Redneck. my dad has called atterbury so many time and has no such luck. we both have had the same experience. call hear them and nothing. come back to the same spot a half hour later and dog tracks. I think the dogs down there are way educated.

He lives in new whiteland and I am currently stationed in oklahoma so dont get to hunt much at atterbury any more. well good luck

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 12/30/11 10:18 AM

yeah my EXACT experience last night BUT i also believe its like another gentlemen stated about public land hunting in the fact that a guy needs to get inside the woods a bit because the dogs are just venturing 20 to 30 feet from the egde. the reason i believe this whole hardily is because the two i called a few days ago when i first took the tree stand out did exaclty that and stayed 20 feet from the trail opeining watching the e-caller.

i was just hoping with some cover brush and woods edge and night time that i could get some to move in just out of the woods....it may not be possible at all or at least until it gets much colder and some snow..i do have to agree that these dogs have most likely seen and heard it all......thanks for the post and info.

REDNECK REID
Posted by: Bob .17

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 12/30/11 11:11 AM

Hello Hoosier gunner, Welcome to the forum. i use to live in indiana too, until i was 21years old. you should have lots of coyotes there with all that farm land there. sounds like they are very friendly. for getting so close. have fun knocking them down...

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 12/30/11 11:22 AM

Camo job on the AR looks good. Be careful hunting around those RR tracks, they will bust your azz if caught.

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 12/30/11 11:56 AM

it may not look it from the pics but the tracks are abandonded. i assumed due to being abandoned it was legal...maybe im wrong..... i did ponder the fact i wasnt going to shoot if the animals were by the tracks in case of a richochet. thanks for the info either way.

REDNECK REID

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 12/30/11 12:20 PM

i wanted to ask before i leave so i can get some responses while im gone....i was curious what brand of scent removal others were using. since i live alone i have been doing EVERY load of laundry with Scent Away since i started hunting so i dont smell my washer and dryer up between loads and have to go back and forth between regular and hunting clothes. i also use the body wash etc etc.

i use either Bobcat or Fox urine on my boots...i figure neither are as intimidating to most other predators and im using it for a cover not an attractor obviously.

just curious what others are doing for scent control or what ideas out of the norm you may be implimenting. thanks in advance for any responses. im out time to hit it again. wink

REDNECK REID

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 12/30/11 03:50 PM

In my opinion, your simply not going to fool a coyotes nose. Your just going to have to play the wind in your favor. Besides, how are you going to cover up the oils , and cleaner you used on your gun?
Posted by: Lonnie

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 12/30/11 04:14 PM

Sounds like you are having fun Redneck! Glad you are getting some in. Keep after them. You'll make it happen.
Posted by: PLOTBOSS

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 12/30/11 07:00 PM

Not to highjack your thread but are there allot of red foxes out that way? I'll be headed 50 mi east of Indy to work for the rest of the winter. Would love to call a few reds this winter, we don't have many here.

PLOTBOSS

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 12/30/11 10:20 PM

Originally Posted By: Rubenator
In my opinion, your simply not going to fool a coyotes nose. Your just going to have to play the wind in your favor. Besides, how are you going to cover up the oils , and cleaner you used on your gun?

im not saying im going to entirely eliminate my scent cone im just trying to reduce it as much as possible....thanks.

REDNECK REID

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 12/30/11 10:42 PM

Posted by: Wallbass45

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 12/31/11 01:52 AM

that strap info and those pics are EXACTLY what i was looking for so thanks a lot for the help its appreciated....guess im gonna have to skip work and get to army surplus in Greenwood this morning and get one of these units. thx again.

REDNECK REID

p.s. can someone point me in the right direction for posting pics such as the one above shoing the tree stands. thx.
Hey Redneck where is there a Army Surplus in Greenwood?? confused

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 12/31/11 01:09 PM

Originally Posted By: Wallbass45
that strap info and those pics are EXACTLY what i was looking for so thanks a lot for the help its appreciated....guess im gonna have to skip work and get to army surplus in Greenwood this morning and get one of these units. thx again.

REDNECK REID

Hey Redneck where is there a Army Surplus in Greenwood?? confused

when i looked it up the map showed a store in Greenwood but i guess its closed now so i called the one on East 21st street. neither had the Molle II enhanced straps i wanted for my Summit tree stand so i ended up ordering them off ebay.

REDNECK REID

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 12/31/11 10:02 PM

Redneck FYI I don't know if you know this but Atterbury FWA has lost alot of ground right in the middle to the Military. Areas 14-A,14-B,14-C and 13-C are under control now by the Military. Also stay away from any of the RR tracks the MPs are watching them closely and will run you off and also have heard of them arresting one. Just be carefull Red.....Good luck smile

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 01/01/12 10:16 AM

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 01/01/12 03:41 PM

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 01/02/12 02:02 AM

Hmmm!! that pic looks like ive seen it before!!!!!

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 01/03/12 07:27 PM

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 01/03/12 10:47 PM

Looks like a place I was turned down on.......I'm jealous

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 01/03/12 11:05 PM

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 01/04/12 01:19 AM

Hey Red is that Martin Marrietta???

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 01/04/12 06:27 AM

Posted by: HardwickN

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 01/04/12 04:49 PM

wow small world. My mom used to be the janitor at Martin Marrietta. and my dad painted the smoke stacks there at IPL. thats one nice snag you got, being able to trap that land. should be awesome.

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 01/04/12 05:38 PM

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 01/05/12 02:43 AM

Hey Red do you know Herman Strakis?? smile

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 01/05/12 06:50 AM

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 01/06/12 01:29 AM

Yes I though that view of the lake was something from my past. Herman and I are old friends and even worked together. Is he still alive?? havn't seen him in a couple years smile
Posted by: sendit223

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 01/06/12 02:40 AM

Get an M2, not the Vinci or SBE

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 01/06/12 06:04 AM

Originally Posted By: Wallbass45
Yes I though that view of the lake was something from my past. Herman and I are old friends and even worked together. Is he still alive?? havn't seen him in a couple years smile

yes hes still alive......i ususally see him outside doing something alomost every day unoless its just to cold out.....i pray im as spry as he still is when im 80+........BET!!!!!!!!! wink

REDNECK REID

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 01/06/12 06:12 AM

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 01/06/12 07:26 AM

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 01/24/12 02:44 PM

does anyone have any experience with the LaRue Tacitcal PredatAR 5.56 in an 18" barrel? if so any knowledge or first hand experience with this gun would be appreciated........thanks in advance for the help.....BET! thumbup1

REDNECK REID
Posted by: firemed

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 01/24/12 11:07 PM

LaRue makes some great stuff and the PredtAR is a great rifle. I know Mark Larue and get together with him every Shot show. This is my Larue stealth upper built onto a lower that I put together. Also the OBR is a great rifle and has pulled many awards in sniper competitions. Larue scope mounts are great also you can zero your rifle, take the scope off with the mount, put it back on in the same rail spot, keeps the zero. The rifle I built has the 18in. barrel and carries a 75 grain hornady superperformance max bullet out to 600 yards no problem. thumbup1

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 10/08/12 08:55 PM

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 10/08/12 09:42 PM

just couple spots i got picked out for some night callin next Monday night the 15th when the GAME begins again....

IM AMPED to say the least!!!!!!!!!!! thumbup

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 10/08/12 09:47 PM

go get em
Posted by: bigsky_songdogs

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 10/08/12 10:02 PM

Nice pics!

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 10/15/12 03:09 PM

thumbup1

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 03/03/13 08:41 PM

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 09/24/14 09:10 AM

bout time to play BANG BANG again tt1.........YESSSSSSSSSS!!!! thumbup1
Posted by: SHampton

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 09/24/14 09:54 AM

A 4" circle at 100 yards on a 30# coyote ain't close enough!

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 09/24/14 01:15 PM

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 01/18/15 11:08 AM

between last Saturday night and last night me & the Queen got a coyote and a coon.........she treed 2 other coons last weekend one coming from a set then one while on a set right by us but I didn't have my shotgun and did have my head lodged in my &@#$%* after she did her work great......these we had proper fire sticks...seen three large 8/10 point bucks Friday night and got this coon,then seen a doe , and a opossum last night.......she ran another coon about 100 yards before alerting/barking on the next set so i finally go over to survey when she kept alerting but he was smarter and went in a pipe on her....good luck!!!!!! thumbup1

last Saturday night coyote

the QUEEN with the coyote

the QUEEN with last night coon

my dog gets me the fur really....example we are at the main check in station at Atterbury with major military across the road.....my dog looks towards the road last Tuesday right in front of major intersection/light to get into military and she is alerting and whining hard so i look over like what somebodies dog or what and there is a fox on the north side of the road with us 75 feet away in the culvert right there at the intersection next to the road with traffic going by....blew my mind he was there really then i realized I wouldn't have even seen it or most of the other things I do without my dog......I called the coyote but she found it in the dark after the shot.....I would never have thought I would have a dog for hunting but I wouldn't even consider going without her now....good luck!!!!! thumbup1

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 01/18/15 05:09 PM

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 01/18/15 05:28 PM

Posted by: Honda Rider

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 01/18/15 08:10 PM

Don't see to many people from Indiana on here. Having any luck in this warm spell?

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 01/18/15 09:14 PM

just the animals above some others I should have gotten but was ill prepared......hahahahaha.......u had any good luck yourself I hope?

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 01/18/15 09:16 PM

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 01/19/15 11:38 AM

Haven't been hunting much this year. Kind of been lazy. Ya I'm an old man too so I ride the Honda Geezer Glider (Goldwing). Good luck to you.

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 01/19/15 01:04 PM

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 01/19/15 06:10 PM

lights r pretty much out all week fellas//moon down thumbup........time to hit it and git it....BANG BANG!!!!!!!! thumbup1

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 01/21/15 11:17 PM

55 sign ins Sunday, 40 Monday, 25 yesterday and 15 today...can u say PRESSURE....hahahahahahahahaha....who knows what everyones hunting but it doesn't much matter when the place gets a walked up.....either way left the house get half way and remember I left my coveralls and camo hanging outside right out back garage door as I store it there as to not smell up as much and walked right past it......got to the spot parked and spotted a coyote on the levee we needed to walk out just making sure the Night Eyes was working lit him up about 75 yards away right when I hit the light and he ran immediately........walked on out and made the stand but didn't see anything....we start back to the truck and I scan around and catch eyes with the Night Eyes head lamp on the bank across this lake about 90 to 115 yards........I bend down and light it up with the Coyote Light/Leupold and Remy 223 and its a coon........wasn't gonna shoot did anyway heard a whap and watched it kinda flop over into the weeds.......cant see it so we start all the way back around bout 600 yards to the spot as ice to soft for me..get there its over head tall stickers 30 feet just to get to the bank but I do then the dog gets ahead and lights up.....so I know shes got it bayed or in a bush........I get closer then have to walk across a 10 wide part of lake that's a lil finger and know if ice breaks its wet time.......I get two feet from other side and go thru now im standing in water up to my twig & berries and still cant see my dog but shes less then 5 feet in front of me with my lights going and I can hear the coon..either way got stickers parted killed it and got back to truck and had to come home after getting wet.......kick shot on the coon from across the lake at that distance for night time considering my track record from before with the lightweight AR i had originally......i couldn't believe it was still alive and needed dispatched with the shot gun but it did as he had a bit to much left to step on his throat and not get bit while standing in frozen ice water up to my waist....
BANG BANG.......DONT GET CAUGHT BY THE PUMPKIN PATCH GANG!!!!!!!! thumbup1

p.s. then after all that the QUEEN looks at me like.......all that for a small coon with NO TAIL....hahahahahaha.....BET!!!!!!! thumbup

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 01/22/15 11:01 PM

tonight i walked out set up and wind changed 10 minutes into the set and knowing I was gonna stay 45 minutes I should have moved immediately..........made the mistake of continuing to call rather than getting up and moving........coyote to my downwind about what seemed like 300/400 yards starts warning barking me 15 minutes later into the stand so I throw everything except the kitchen sink at him and finally stopped as I couldn't see him and he had stopped....shut down my lights so i could put my stuff up and then stood up and hit the Night Eyes to my downwind now that I can see that direction better and there he stands in a corn field about 100 yards away and as I knelt he ran to the east......I made more mouth calls and tried ki yis, barks, howls etc etc to get him to show himself now that I had the gun back on my shooting sticks but NO GO.....he stood on the other side of the field and then warning barked me from there for a 5 minutes...........second mistake I feel i made was not letting my dog go as soon as he warning barked as it could have coaxed him in if he seen her because where I had her setting I think he could see the side of me moving but not her......either way another lesson learned and fun time............good luck! thumbup1
Posted by: Wcboy

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 01/23/15 02:44 AM

the dog aspect is quite remarkable. does she just sit with you while you call?

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 01/23/15 08:36 AM

Originally Posted By: Wcboy
the dog aspect is quite remarkable. does she just sit with you while you call?

yeah she just sets at me feet at the start of a stand while we call distress.. when I begin to use coyote vocals and howls after a couple howls I let her go & she roams out in front of me....good luck!!! thumbup1

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 01/24/15 12:30 AM

walked out called across a frozen lake big cove from one side to the other about 125 yards wide where the woods was hoping something wood come to the edge but didn't see anything walked back up an embankment after picking up my gear back to some tracks lit my Night Eyes back up shined down to where I had the call setting and there stands a fox or coon I couldn't tell what it was 50 yards past the call which was 40 from me it rand down the embankment on the same side i called to and into the woods quickly and was gone......as well while I sat next to this lake there was a bit of open water and a beaver warning slapped the water les then 15ft from me while I called and did it a few times so that was exciting.........

next stand I get set up call for 5 minutes and hear a coon fight a long ways off then no more then they stop I hear a grunt/snort right behind me less then 30 feet......then 30 seconds later another along with hoove stomps like hes starting towards us hahahahahaha he did it several times then stopped........10 minutes later and 150 yards straight out in front of me another buck snorts as loud then stomps his hooves and does the same thing about 4 times....not sure if they were talking to one another or me but it was wild as I don't deer hunt and it startled me at first when the first buck did it less then 30 ft away and started towards me and my dog.......never seen either on the closest was in high grass taller then me and the other was across a cut grass field in the woods.........wild night just hearing those deer do that so agressively. thumbup1

p.s. only 12 people signed in today.hahahahaha.

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 01/25/15 12:39 AM

set out to the first set and get 200 yards from the truck tonight my dog has something treed immediately and sounds off so i know its gold or she doesnt bark so I trot off 30 yards off trail with the shotgun and its a opossum so I give it a pass to continue on and call....we walk out get set up because its another 600 yards to where I wanted to b so were good..........make the stand nothing comes shut my lights down put my gear up walk out 75 yards get call walk back finish putting it up put on my back pack stand up shine the fiel one last time with the Night Eyes and looking at me 150 yards out upwind in the middle of the corn field is eyes...I get Remy off my shoulder Coyote Light lit and its a coyote......I crouch and try to reach my shooting sticks all put up and cant.....finally get pack off and get sticks but he leaves first ........point is put all my gear up in the dark walked out got call in dark then lit up the field when I was still and there the coyote was but after I seen it I was so worried about not taking light off I tried to get stuff with LIGHT ON and it SPOOKED.........what I should have done was immediately shut down my lights bent to the ground got shooting sticks out and relit light on the gun only ready to shoot on sticks........ I mean I had made all that other noise and walked around even and there he was still but I panicked and moved around with my lights on.....mistake made........shinded another opossum on the way out on the ground but let him go as my dog didn't even see him 40 yards off.

next set we start to walk out and its 400 yards down a road then off into a field well we get 300 yards down the road and my dog just stands at this fence and stares off past it which is US ARMY NO TREPASS...I shine the ground like something might be there but nothing.......then I shine these 40ft pine trees and see three red lights and think its a tower behind the trees because there is a giant parking lot and railway unload access on the other side for army.......well I take aclose r look and now its two coons shes can smell but cant see so she doesnt light up...we cant shoot due to NO TRESSPASS so we go call and see nothing.........start back to the truck and I leave call on in my back pack and remote out to play coon fight or coon pup in case they came out and this side of fence......well no go and there were three as I originally thought and all three were glaring at me 30ft up in that pine while i played the fight but they stayed put.........hahahahahaha......BANG BANG THEY MUST KNOW THE PUMPKIN PATCH GANG......fun night just seeing the coyote called even without throwing lead......BET!!!!!! thumbup1

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 01/25/15 10:17 AM

another thing I forgot to mention is ONLY 46 people checked in yesterday.......hahahaha.......not really what I forgot but did want to say that I dressed for a walkout and stand and when I stopped and went into the brush to see what my dog had treed that 8 minutes was brush bustin in and out and I didn't remove a top layer before I did it and I started to sweat....then finished my walk out & while calling I got cold about 20 minutes in so I leaned forward in my chair to get my wet back off it and warmed some but my leg backs were still cold from sweating and my butt against my seat....long story short I got up at 35 minutes ILO 45 minutes and it was 10 minutes to soon in this case and why I was caught standing around when the coyote shown itself...dress smart or hunt smarter when things change.....

one last thing is i been staying 45 minutes per set the last month and actually calling in fur whereas early in the season i thought it should happen sooner early in the season but what i wasnt thinking about was the pressure that was already there and the effect it had from the start and i would stop at 20 to 30 minutes being to anxious or impatient and now believe i have been giving up to soon and had better success last year seeing more fur calling longer 40 to 45 minutes every set from the start.....most are not coming on to tell you everything they do wrong like I do but I learn more from a mistake ILO of a success more often than not and maybe someone else can learn before they make the same mistake..good luck! thumbup1

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 01/26/15 11:55 PM

the QUEENS usually in bed by 830 so night patrol is limited to hunting as at home shes in bed.....hahahahaha......tonight all night shes been at the back door wanting out bad.....11 she goes and I have small patch woods behind house that is nothing but she goes and barks there as its her territory and if she scents she barks at home a lot but not in the woods unless she sees what she scents its weird but so far extremely reliable.......her house more barks I guess.......either way she wont stop tonight so I know this is an alert...... not this is my house barks like when she first runs out the back door scenting usually..

I walk down with Night Eyes and shes got a male coon treed so we pop him....he drops in the lake at the edge shes in the water and on him fast....hes in the house now and shes happy to finally catch her night prowler.......BANG BANG DONT GET CAUGHT BY THE PUMPKIN PATCH GANG!!!!!!! thumbup1

p.s. especially if the QUEENS home & up late.

Posted by: Wcboy

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 01/28/15 12:42 AM

HAHAHA, I enjoy ready your hunts. and you are right a lot of guys only tell half of the story. I had the same thing happen to me on saturday. I was ending my stand and i always stand up and scan 360 degs before i grab the call. and i spotted him at 150 yards directly behind me (down wind), I did not have my shooting stick in hand and really didnt even think to grab them (in the moment i guess) and took the shot off hand. So yep chaulk that up to not staying calm and remembering the shooting stick. they were very vocal on saturday night. I did four stands and had close responses on all of them but only seen the one set of eyes. I did have a fox bark at me as well. I think I am going to try and focus on calling in one of them this weekend. good luck to you and Queens.

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 01/31/15 06:43 PM

Originally Posted By: Wcboy
HAHAHA, I enjoy ready your hunts. and you are right a lot of guys only tell half of the story. I had the same thing happen to me on saturday. I was ending my stand and i always stand up and scan 360 degs before i grab the call. and i spotted him at 150 yards directly behind me (down wind), I did not have my shooting stick in hand and really didnt even think to grab them (in the moment i guess) and took the shot off hand. So yep chaulk that up to not staying calm and remembering the shooting stick. they were very vocal on saturday night. I did four stands and had close responses on all of them but only seen the one set of eyes. I did have a fox bark at me as well. I think I am going to try and focus on calling in one of them this weekend. good luck to you and Queens.

thx Boss..my dogs name is actually Stephy but I call het the QUEEN cause she runs the hunting show for us! thumbup1

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 01/31/15 06:52 PM

went to retrieve my dog from the back yard and check to see if it was snowing yet to go hunting and my dog had another coon treed out back by the lake..shes been at the door in and out of the house and at the back of the shed all day barking and digging at it when she was out but I guess the coon came out anyway eventually....ended the coon season right on time with another one out the back door........
when u got the QUEEN watchin the crib u aint getting away with much in the yard......hahahahahahah.....
BANG BANG DONT GET CAUGHT BY THE PUMPKIN PATCH GANG! thumbup1

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 09/03/15 08:34 PM

got me & my girlfriend (pictured above) some hearing protection ordered today tt1......form 4, trust & check sent & the man claimed 90 days so we shall c tt2.......im planning on 180 so anything better is just that much better..........lets do this!!!thumbup1

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 09/03/15 09:09 PM

did a bit of work to the coyote rig & also tried my first bed job on my 700 223 SPS Tac stock and it looks rough but came out way better then I expected considering this was my first one & like i say it looks rough but its right where it counts....I did lose a bit from not massaging the barrel enough with wax in one spot and u can c it peeled a bit back off but overall its 110% better then it was originally.....I also ordered a Timney Calvin Elite trigger system & dropped my barrel off to get it taken from 20 to 16 & cut to 5/8x24 thread as I hunt woods and at night 90% of the time so shorter is better for me as 20 worked before but I don't want 27 with a suppressor in woods at night..BET!! thumbup1

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 09/07/15 05:25 PM

my 223 tac barrel is still out for the shortening thread job and i dont have my new Timney trigger yet but i did decide to lose the all black w/the camo wrap this year as it creates a bit of surface rust......95% of my calling so far has been night but im going to try more areas and more daytime this year so I decided to spray my guns to solve two things at once.....nothing special but enough to be better then all black for daytime and lose the wrap......BANG BANG!!!!!! thumbup1

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 09/08/15 02:01 PM

my Leupold VX6 3-18x50 Firedot held up great with the wrap on it so I am redoing that for this season........they did not make a honeycomb anti reflection front cover at the time i bought it but I bought a 50mm anyway off brand cover that wouldnt screw in and made it work by using the wrap to hold it in place & works great! thumbup1

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 09/08/15 02:53 PM

not much of a match & I wasn't lookin for one to be honest....hahahahahaahahaha....it will help ILO all black & that's good enough for me........BET!!!!! thumbup1

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 09/08/15 05:15 PM

ended up geting some CHRISTMAS from Brownells to open today........the Timney I was waiting on so now get the barrel back and we can sight the gun back in and at least pull the trigger...slowly but surely im stepping my GAME up a bit.....hahahahahahah....BANG BANG!!!! thumbup1

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 09/10/15 05:01 PM

got some CHRISTMAS today and it seems this unit will out throw my previous unit with Night Eyes & as well with a small halo gets the splash further away from your person @ approx. 24" with the halo dial ability it has & it wears well on your bare head or stocking cap thumbup..........but IMO the quality is extremely lacking as far as the on/off dials work for sure as they are stiff and turn rough & its warm weather right now & u cant turn the on/off knob with light gloves on now they r so stiff & slick plastic....... as well u can hold the unit in your hand shake it and the light housing rattles loud inside the knob housing thumbdown.......IMO I would rather pay more for better quality!!!!

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 09/10/15 06:00 PM

solved both issues I had with my light...took the three screws that hold the LED housing to the switch housing/bar and removed them then wrapped tape around the back of the LED housing so that it fits back into the switch housing tight and it took the rattle out of the unit.........also took the face of the on/off knob off and took some jewlers screw drivers and loosened the two screws and the knob can now be turned much easier......good luck!! thumbup1

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 09/10/15 10:23 PM

I have been extremely happy with the Night Eyes other then the halo it took IMO to get the splash away far enough and it is still a great light thumbup1.......that said the Wicked Light Scan Pro wont quite do what it does on level one but out performs my Night Eyes barely on level two and smokes it on level three. thumbup

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 09/11/15 01:30 PM

GET R SPUN & GET R DUN thumbup1.......BANG BANG thumbup1

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 09/12/15 11:06 AM

I couldn't bring myself to put my gun barrel back in the bed job after setting around for a week waiting on the barrel to get cut since I knew I had a piece that came out from rushing it the first time........so I completely redid the entire job & it came out even better the second time.......BINGO DINGO!!!!!!!!! thumbup1

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 09/12/15 06:22 PM

got some more CHRISTMAS in the way of my KRG bolt knob....I got the small version and it passes perfect by my scope and works great.......also got my Timney installed and its all comin together........BINESS!!!!!!! thumbup1

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 09/12/15 07:19 PM

seen in a vid or read i forget that u could remove the bottom stop tabs on the lower portion of the bullet rail part of the magazine and when done u can load 5 in the mag since it will now depress further and one in the chamber for (6) total ILO (5) and the mod works great!!! thumbup

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 09/13/15 12:04 PM

my Trigger Sticks kept becoming more of a pain then convenience with the trigger operation so this last time I just removed the head and bound them together with a large O-ring & a large rubberband and they worked great this way last season.......when I went out yesterday just to see how my gun felt in them as if I didn't know I realised my gun now made metal to metal noise since I had removed the camo wrap from my gun barrel......they were all black & they needed a camo job like the guns as well so I just blasted them....i also added some wrap to the tops where my gun will ride so i don't have the metal to metal noise....they as well work for standing or setting in a chair or ground by just pressing the top lock buttons to extend or collapse them....BINGO DINGO!!!! thumbup1

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 09/13/15 10:34 PM

done all I can mod wise until I get my thread protector & then eventually my paperwork clears for my suppressor........as well i really like my top vented rib tan as I can see my bead alignment much clearer & faster this color!!!!! time to pull the trigger and get her dialed back in........even though shes gonna be louder for a while its worth it to me so im ready to ROCK the day the suppressor arrives!!!!!thumbup1

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 09/14/15 12:29 PM

stepped up and got me a trigger tool as I didn't choose to guess......also got my Eberlestock bino chest pack CHRISTMAS today and its awesome......i cant decide if I will wear the harness under my back pack or clip it to the back pack as I have tried both already..... I do like the idea of keeping the bino chest pack on with the harness since i have the hand gun in it at all times and just removing the back pack at each stand just like before...BINGO DINGO!!!!!!!!! thumbup1

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 09/14/15 04:12 PM

I figured since I am trying to make some improvements to the 223 accuracy I also wanted to try and make the sight more visable on the shotgun and the tan rail helped quite a bit but the day glow type speed sight really helped visability....I really probably need glasses hahahahahahaha....BET! thumbup1

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 09/16/15 02:30 PM

pulled the trigger this morning and she just caught at the top of the paper...dialed it down several clicks and hit 4" straight down and left a bit..added a few more down and took her to the right several clicks.....I then shot the three holes u see touching which is best three shot I have ever made with this gun..dialed her back left shot once and it was just left of the three shot group......dialed it down and shot and felt myself kinda jerky the trigger and it shot right and below the three shot group.....shot one last time witout gloves and center popped it and I couldn't belive it.........hahahahaha.........I then put on my hunting gloves and shot the 5 group on the bottom target and I now know why James/Skinney doesn't use fingers in his hunting gloves as it matters..........im a trigger jerker with gloves on obviously....hahahahahahaha gotta work on that a bit...good luck!!!!!! thumbup1

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 09/16/15 03:29 PM

my thread protector was in the mailbox along with a new one piece scope rail mount i may try later....BINGO DINGO!!!!! thumbup1

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 09/18/15 03:37 PM

had to have a new set of tooters for the season so when I get to my stands and realize my batteries r dead on the Shockwave I can still call hahahahahahahathumbup.....BINGO DINGO!!!!!! thumbup1

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 10/06/15 10:52 AM

got my TAB SAS-R cover now when the Omega shows up were in BINESS.........did a simulation photo and it should look good......the Omega will stick out of the cover 1" with the way its ends made.......should work great!! thumbup1

Posted by: SlickerThanSnot

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 11/09/15 10:25 AM

we saw all the gear. where are all the animals?

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 01/14/16 07:07 PM

less then 30 days ill have my Omega thumbup1..............BANG BANG!!!!!!!!!! thumbup

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 01/14/16 11:57 PM

at least you got a coyote. thumbup1

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 01/15/16 08:39 AM

Originally Posted By: SlickerThanSnot
at least you got a coyote. thumbup1
That's a lot of gear.

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 01/30/16 10:16 AM

Bang Bang!!!!!!!!! thumbup1

Posted by: Bob_Atl

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 01/30/16 03:28 PM

WTG !!

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 01/30/16 05:20 PM

thx smile.........its time to go chase coyotes again tt2....BINESS!!!!!!!! thumbup1

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 02/01/16 12:13 PM

suppressor app was NFA Approved 1/21/2016 tt1......now its just however long it takes to get the approval from the NFA to my dealer unsure...........BANG BANG!!!!!!! thumbup1

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 02/03/16 09:00 PM

that's what im talkin bout WILLIS tt1 thumbup...went to pick up my suppressor today and knew the range i wanted to actually go to shoot at was only another 20 minutes further after driving and hour to get to the suppressor.....BUT this is the ONLY month the range is closed for the entire month thumbdown....hahahahaha......cant win.....either way the fun starts soon cool...no BANG BANG to POP POP yet just a photo shoot....I took the Omega off when we started calling as I obviously didn't know where it would shoot as we got the the pay range at Atterbury which is right on the way home but to late to shoot..... still went out to make a couple stands in 17+mph winds since we were there.......BINESS!!!! thumbup1

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 02/04/16 06:29 AM

everything ive watched on Youtube that I have seen show the Omega coming in about 134/137 average decibel on a .308 caliber.......some also showed the Omega run on a .556/.223 coming in at 133/134 decibel in the standard configuration with the Omega........then some change the front cap to the .556/.223 flat front cap and in most cases it ran between 131/132 average decibels on the .556/.223......doesn't mean my .223 will but I do intend to get a .556/.223 flat cap to run with my .223 in the furture as it also shortens the unit......BINGO DINGO!!!! thumbup1

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 02/04/16 10:49 AM

botta botta bing dinga ling smile

nice paint job on the rifle stock.

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 02/06/16 11:04 AM

BANG BANG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thumbup

100 yard sight in on the new suppressor...
shot one 4" straight north dialed down 8 clicks
shot two .5" north 2" left dialed down 2 clicks
shot three 2" left dialed right 5 clicks
shot four 2" north dialed down 2 clicks
shot 5 thru 14 in the bull

4 shots im in the bull and next 10 consecutively proved it....got up and down after every shot to simulate starting over like hunting.......used gloves on some shots and no gloves on some.....cant ask for much more from a hunting gun....if I tried to control my breathing and used some patients I could do better BUT no need as im hunting not shooting for money....i was there 20 minutes start to finish to get this done...........BANG BANG!!! thumbup1

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 02/06/16 12:07 PM

went to the mail box and my Silencer co T-shirt & free flash hider were in the box..........BINESS!!!!!!!!!! thumbup1

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 02/06/16 01:02 PM

took my unit apart just to look and noticed the extra groove thru the cnter in addition to the thru hole and was wondering if clocking that in a certain position say straight up or down helps consistency....probably call Silencerco Monday and see if they say if it matters or helps.......BINGO DINGO!!!!!!!! thumbup1

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 02/06/16 01:26 PM

oh yeah.......I have NO IDEA what it sounds like due to the BIG BORE unsuppressed rifles to my left on the 100 & the unsuppressed hand cannons to my right on the 25 going off as I shot.......hahahahahahahaa..unsure

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 02/09/16 11:40 PM

walked out a trail tonight to call that's goes straight west about 900 yards then there is a nice field on the south of the trail.........walked 100 yards and a doe walks into the trail about 400 yards down I stand their and my dog finally sees her looks at me I say no and then the doe runs off and we proceed walking down the trail.......get to where the doe was standing and my dog stops stares looks back at me then stares again so I know theres game....I look over and down this embankment in the woods is a coyote walking into the wind away from us about 80 yards and I could have stopped him then and took a free hand ......but I look back at my dog and sick her she runs straight down the embankment and the coyote starts hauling straight away in the woods parallel to the trail im walking and can only see it start to run because its before dark and there is snow......I stop in the trail thinking this thing might run out into the trail and just sat there when I sould have been pulling out my shooting sticks.....well about 200 yards down out comes one then two then three... then 5 seconds later out comes my dog I howl with my mouth twice....two coyotes stop 300+ yards the other gone....my dog keeps running down the path I let her go and the other two leave as well....so I start further down the trail because I haven't even gotten to where I wanna break off this path and call a field up this trail...I get about half way up to where these coyotes were and I see something come back out into the trail then something else so I stop kneel again pull my gun around and now there are 4 coyotes standing in the trail 300+...I still like a fool don't have my shooting sticks out...my dog whos running back and forth on their scent sees them again and starts off full speed towards them which with 4 I was a bit weary so I lifted the 223 back up and went for one free hand and missed......they scattered so we walked on up checked for blood in the snow but none so we start back to the truck since I had shot.......then walking back almost to the truck my dog trees a coon.....I hear her whine while right off the trail shine the tree she is by and there he is but he got a pass as they r out of season & wrong gun anyway.....I thought It was wild seeing three coyotes but it blew my mind when I seen four as two was the most I had seen during the day on my very first calling stand ever & watched them run away cause I thought they were regular dogs.....hhahahahaha...BANG BANG!!!!!!!!! thumbup1

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 02/11/16 03:29 PM

time to go BANG in the night thumbup.......BINGO DINGO!!!!!!! thumbup1

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 02/11/16 10:55 PM

went back to the spot we first seen the 4 coyotes Monday before they started running and tried an early evening day stand......wind was out of the NE so it was perfect for this spot......in the pic my gun is pointed straight into the wind & NE.......my dog is facing NW and kept running over about 100 yards that way and running back and whining.....the coyote finally came from the NW straight at the call ran up to it and ran back about 5 yards.......my dog seen it as soon as it started towards the call.....the coyote started to run away my dog chased around a couple minutes back and forth and then I woke up & lip squeaked my dog & she started back to me as I constantly call her at home with lip squeaks & the coyote followed........ thumbup

my dog staring down at the spot she first ran the 4 coyotes Monday....

shes on watch out in this pic as we call.....

my dog is at the fur down......u can barely see her orange vest straight in front of the gun.....

my dog chewing on her prize.......

photo shoot with all that gear......hahahahahaha.....BANG BANG!!!!! thumbup1

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 02/17/16 09:23 PM

nothin but nothin thumbdown.......couldn't get 30 yards from the truck tonight without hearing a caller or seeing a light 10 feet from the road between stands....hahahahahaha..so i called it a night before i even made a night stand and came to the house as that's too many lead slingers in any given area for me....me a my girlfriend did make a few daytime stands with no luck......she likes to have her pic taken......hahahaha....BINGO DINGO!!!!!! thumbup1

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 02/24/16 10:20 AM

went out Monday day/night seen deer and a few oppposums.......went back last night and called up three and didn't get to pull the trigger on any......first night stand im facing east wind from NE call in front of me 75 yards in corn field woods behind call about 15 yards....called for 20 minutes with nothing then lit ground hog distress and within 90 seconds had eyes at woods edge 30 yards from the call.....lowered & raised volume he just stood there as I could barely see his head & eyes......stopped the call and he started pacing & looked like he was gonna walk in to the field so I wanted to start the call and hit recall ILO taking it off mute and the red fox distress which was last played before ground hog and he got spooked and left........called for a few more minutes then picked my stuff up got ready to walk away scanned the corn field to the south and back to the west at my down wind and there stands a coyote about 150 yards out in the field.....I shut down the ScanPro light the Coyote light but have it completely focused and burn him not once but three times and he ran.....hahahaha.....should have UNLODGED my head and widened the beam or backed it off but didn't in all the excitement as I was just going to free hand it but he left before that could happen.....

drive to the second set & I walked to north into the NE wind and into this corn field with woods about 200 yards to the north of the corn field........get about 30 yards stop to scan and there r eyes off to the NW about 300 yards I squat down & get my shooting stick out start mouth howling and he starts south to get downwind.....when he stops and I get eyes again hes about 60 yards away in my downwind and knows my dog is there as well....I try to get a bead but hes in corn stubble and its eyes & ears only & I should have shot but didn't...he finally winds us a dn starts back north to the woods about 200 yards from him...I stop him several times with howls but kept hestitating as my dog would b in front of the gun (not the barrel just out front where I wouldn't pull the trigger) either way my dog finally sees him and chases out as he runs back into the woods....I lip squeak her back and finally the coyote comes back out about 200 yards out this time goes south right out in front of me & by the time I get my Scan Pro back off this time and the Coyote Light on him hes now 300+ out & I didn't shoot....

still lots of good adrenaline & to even see that many coyotes on this over run public land is saying something.....there were bunny hunters still out which they have every right just like me BUT there was some IDIOT that was firing his hand gun right at dusk (which is ILLEGAL when not at a range any time of day or night) less then 300 yards from where i had parked and for about 10 minutes after I had walked about a 1/2 mile to the first night stand.......try hunting those conditions then u know what pressure and a bunch of BS posers, poachers & truck hunters r all about along with guys that just wanna fire their guns thumbdown...SAD to say the least as most guys wouldn't even hunt if they had to put up with all that BUT it was worth it just to see dogs like that.........hahahahaha.......GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!! thumbup1

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 02/24/16 09:27 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_iXHJJM0JQ&feature=youtu.be

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 02/24/16 11:08 PM

this type post comin from the guy that only hunts YOYS in the summer & says u don't need decoys or camo while he only uses live decoys hunting 90 day old coyotes.....hahahahahaha...WEAK ..hahahahahaha....FACT!! thumbup

p.s. Scott if u wanna run me in the ground just cause u can type & post on a computer thats fine but just remember your still a JOKE.......BET!!! thumbup1

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 02/29/16 10:34 PM

found a new spot I hadn't called yet this year....to view the set like a clock the call is set at 12 im setting at 3 50 yards away and the wind is blowing 12 to 6....in the first pic I have my gun pointed at 6 oclock because I expected the coyote to come out of the woods & brush downwind of my FoxPro in that spot or close to it......he came out at 9 oclock and about 150 yards straight out in front of me.......trotted in from the brush into the field about 25 yards and stood at about 8 oclock......I slowly grabbed my shooting sticks and moved my gun towards him and he started trotting back towards the heavy brush..... so I layed the crosshairs on his front chest & let loose the lead and he dropped while trotting away at about 125 yards......BINESS!!! thumbup1

this pic is where I expected to see a coyote if one came....

this pic u can barely see my dog standing out by the dead coyote....

my girlfriend with her prize.......

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 03/12/16 02:35 PM

went to the Atterbury range to check my gun yesterday before I hunted last night and just to shoot it really after adding my CDS dial to my VX6......sat down shot three cold bore shots @ 100 yards and then leftthumbup....first town went thru the same hole then the third went a 1/4"right .......then i missed a coyote at about 80 yards freehand while kneeling 3 hours later & as well i missed a runner Tuesday night @ about 75 yards........ might have been corn stalk deflection but either way I missed my gun didnt......if it was easy it wouldn't b any FUN hahahahahaha tt2......seen the bobcat I called last year in the very same spot last week and man is it BIG so maybe IN will have a season soon.....BANG BANG!!!!!!!! thumbup1

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 08/17/16 02:05 PM

well its been about 120 days wait thus far and were less then 60 to go to chase fur tongue_smilie ......my girl did catch a ground hog in the back yard yesterday bay it up and we had to deal with that since it had bit her and she was mad so now shes ready to go thumbup .....BANG BANG!!!!!! thumbup1

Posted by: Jason B

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 09/14/16 10:10 AM

I love the gun setup you have for hunting yotes.

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 10/05/16 11:26 AM

10 day countdown to BANG BANG!!!!!!!! unfortunately even without guns u don't have much chance for a pass thru in the back yard with my girl outside......

I saved a baby opossum last night from her.....but couldn't save the squirrel this morning as she ran him down.......they taunt here constantly but this one lost the game.....BET!!

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 10/05/16 11:39 AM

Originally Posted By: Jason B
I love the gun setup you have for hunting yotes.

thx.........I traded up my Eberlestock X1A which i still have to the Eberlestock X3 Lo Drag....... now with the full scabbard I can take both guns and my fold out chair.....whereas before it was another gun or the chair as I like to walk hands free with a gun shouldered and the other in the pack with my seat and gear......ill post a pic of the new pack vs previous pack.

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 10/05/16 12:19 PM

the X3 just gives me the ability to take the shotgun as well as the seat & shooting sticks in the scabbard...works out real nice and by keeping the Benelli butt down I can leave my shotty stand in place for setting her next to me on the ground...as well my dog trees lots of coons catches opossums and some skunks on occasion and the Benelli at night will help with close ups and animals in trees which have gotten passes when I only have a rifle..good luck!! thumbup1

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 10/05/16 07:23 PM

this Eberlestock X3 is gonna turn out to b even better then I expected as it will pack up with the Remy in the scabbard with the seat & sticks as well....there r times in tighter woods that I like to Walk out with the Benelli ready to go ILO the rifle but still want the rifle when I set up so this X3 is gonna work out very well either way!!! thumbup1

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 10/11/16 08:16 PM

FIRE STICKS LIT & ready to ROCK........CK

4 days to PARTY TIME........ thumbup1

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 10/15/16 11:29 AM

time to wake up cause its day 1 of 2016 predator hunting.......GOOD LUCK & GAME ON!!!!!!!!!! thumbup1

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 10/20/16 11:42 PM

Saturday night was a straight BUST made one worthless stand, had dead batteries in my remote as it must have came on in my pack.........fixed that by switching batteries out from call and rectified that to make the stand...then lost a glove hahahahaha.......moon was so bright u didnt even need a light..it was over 70 degrees and mosquitos sucked...came home after one stand.... thumbdown

waited till tonight as the rain & clouds had been out for the last 24+ hours and I seen a window coming after 8PM with no rain or moon........walked away from the truck about 8:15 straight east came to a cut cornfield edge about 200 yards from the truck.....sat the chair and sticks up walked the call about another 50 yards further east sat it right on the edge of the corn field...call was at 12 oclock I'm sittin at about 10 oclock 50 yards back to the west from the call and the wind is coming over my back from the Northwest at a 45 degree angle blowing away from me........I call for 25 minutes and can see two sets of eyes 125 yards across field on other side in the brush but elevated like they r in the trees so I think coons even though I know there is a push up mound where the eyes r at and I still think coons cause I cant see what it is and they don't really move after 15/20 minutes then they were gone......shut my call down waited a few minutes put up my chair & sticks then stood up and scanned and there she was straight across in front of me at about 4 oclock out in the field about 20 yards in this small dip in the field and right down wind of my call which had rabbit pee on the lighted decoy on my Shockwave.......I knelt back down removed my sticks back out of my pack as well as my remote and lit the call back up on pup distress.....my dog runs over and around by the call for some reason and the coyote starts to act spooky and run from 4 oclock back towards 7 oclock or into my down wind as I'm sure the coyote could see my dog running around by the lit call.....as the coyote runs she comes over more in front of me so I let out a mouth howl and she stops about 110 yards out and I let the fire stick loose immediately and she dropped right there......my dog went straight towards the shot and wop sound & found her straight away and she was already dead as I couldn't have stuck the gun up to the coyote and made a better shot...so first real stand and effort of the season and were off and runnin...BINGO DINGO!!!!!!!! thumbup1

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 11/29/16 09:29 PM

weve night hunted our tales off & seen bobcats coons opposums skunks & big deer BUT not one coyote will step into the open.........even seen a coyote in the property managers front yard tt2 ......deer gun season just ended but now there r pheasant hunters everywhere.....so we joined in today on the pheasants..... my girl put 15 birds in the air........10 hens we cant shoot & 5 roosters we can........I finally got the daily bag limit of 2 on the ground for her.....BINGO DINGO!!!!! thumbup1

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 11/30/16 08:23 PM

get your dog off the porch.... thumbup ......today she found & then flushed 4 hens & 5 roosters........got our 2 day limit of two roosters BUT on our way back to the truck she just kept workin an area of about 25 x 40 yards for 8/10 minutes & wouldnt quit until she flushed two more roosters..... dogs a straight up WINNER..........PERIOD!!!!!!!!!! thumbup1

video below of last two birds she worked.... I caught it with my cell since we had our two for the day......

http://vid951.photobucket.com/albums/ad354/reid2168/Deer%20Hunting/Pheasant%20hunting/IMG_0849.mp4

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 12/01/16 08:54 AM

got my dads Remy 870 Wingmaster out as hes decided to meet me today at the hunt spot and watch this girl do her work.........BANG BANG!!!!!!!!!! smile

OH YEAH....when your girl drops to her back & wiggles in the grass in the middle of a hunt......just b happy she is happy.... tt1

http://vid951.photobucket.com/albums/ad354/reid2168/Deer%20Hunting/Pheasant%20hunting/IMG_0821.mp4

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 12/01/16 07:00 PM

my girl got 6 hens & 3 roosters found & flushed today and put birds in the air every time out of the truck......either way I blew the first shot & first rooster off the ground 10 minutes into the first hunt of the day........later in the day my girl kept after a rooster until she found it 30 yards inside the woods past a 20 yard brush thicket as my girl wouldn't give up on it... thumbup ....I hear the bird leave the ground then see it raising & coming out......i tell my dad to get ready as the birds headed right out of the woods into the field out in front of us....he says its to far so raised my fire stick and lit it up.......it was 40+ yard one shot drop...she jumped the third rooster 5 minutes after that on the opposite side of a very tall brush pile but it flew away from us low into the woods and couldn't even be seen only heard.......BANG BANG!!!!!!!!!! thumbup1

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 12/02/16 07:33 PM

my dogs collar like Samuel Jacksons wallet in Pulp Fiction should read
......... BAD MOTHER F*%#%R.............
she put 4 hens & 6 roosters in the air again today......I put two on the ground then got a vid of her putting another rooster up.......u can see from the pic how tall the grass and thickets shes working 20 & 30 yards into to put birds in the air.......ALL BINES!!!!!! smile

p.s. as well my dog has put a TOTAL of 43 birds in the air in 4 days of GREAT HUNTING....24 hens 19 roosters and we got 7 of potential 10 counting my dad one day....BAD thing for the pheasants there r two weeks left....BANG BANG!!!!!!! thumbup1

video of the one I recorded her flushing as u can barely see her running behind the bird on the left right at the end of the vid....

http://vid951.photobucket.com/albums/ad354/reid2168/Deer%20Hunting/Pheasant%20hunting/IMG_0894.mp4

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 12/05/16 10:28 PM

gave my girl the weekend off with deer muzzle loader starting we didn't go out but today she found & flushed 4 hens & 1 rooster....... my dad met me again but left about 2:30 & she put this bird up in the air about 3:30......BANG BANG!!!!!!! thumbup1

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 12/07/16 09:19 PM

gave my girl the day off yesterday BUT today she put 4 hens & 1 rooster in the air again....pheasant hunting ends next weekend and we can get back to the coyotes but now I know why they wont come out with people circling the fields like a race track & the muzzle loader guys still in the woods..... I have seen coyotes BUT in the property managers front yard and Monday running thru the camping area and across the road right in front of us in the middle of the day.......hahhaha..BANG BANG!!!!!!!! thumbup1

Posted by: Widow maker 223

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 12/08/16 07:56 PM

Good job on all the birds!! They are rare here up north, coyotes have all but killed them off, cocks are stupid crowing all the time until they are dinner.

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 12/09/16 06:50 PM

Originally Posted By: Widow maker 223
Good job on all the birds!! They are rare here up north, coyotes have all but killed them off, cocks are stupid crowing all the time until they are dinner.

Thx friend......its really got nothing to do with me though its all my girl..........shes the HERO........PERIOD!!!!! thumbup1

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 12/09/16 07:00 PM

we took the day off yesterday but got back after the pheasants today.....she put two roosters in the air and I missed the first bird............got the second though......also seen my first Indiana coyote with mange today as it ran across the road in front of us about mid day...BANG BANG!!!!!!!!!!!! thumbup1

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 01/22/17 06:11 PM

finally called another coyote the Thursday night before Christmas that actually came out into the field as every other thus far have been 400 plus yard eyes in the brush only from all the other callers.......either way right as I was gonna take about 110 shot my dog sees it and bolted so I let her go.....she ran it to the other end of a corn field about 500 yards and I let her run it before lip sqeaking her back just cause I knew he may not come back anyway......she came back about 2/3 minutes later and the coyote stood that far out for about 5 minutes then was gone......I started the rabbit again and he showed back up about 200 yards right down from the call when i finally caught eyes again but only for a few seconds as i couldn't even get the gun on him before I seen him again leaving the field the way he came in about 4oo yards out.

while walkin out to hunt last night I caught this fox slippin....first fox I ever seen at this place as well....spotted him with the Scan Pro head lamp looked up so I could shut it down without getting spotted & I lit the Coyote Light on the fire stick put it on him & he didn't like the brighter light as I had it full on so he started to run & got about 5 feet......put it on him with a 40 yard running shot with the rifle........BANG BANG!!!!!!!!!! thumbup1
p.s. as though it wasn't tough enough with the others hunters and night time off roaders now they r flying these planes out of Atterbury straight over the hunting area every 15 minutes practicing something and they r LOUD!!!!!!!!!! thumbdown

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 02/01/17 03:23 AM

went back and called the same place I had the last coyote come in right before Christmas that I let my dog chase whereas this time I kept her setting by me and from bolting after this one cause she wanted to as she could see it as well........I was sitting at 6 oclock facing straight north again and the Shockwave was at about 8 oclock and about 100 yards away with the wind coming from 8oclock to about 2 oclock direction or out of southwest.......played some different distress ILO rabbit and about 5 minutes in I had eyes upwind of the call with the Scan Pro headlamp at what I would say was 9 oclock or 50 yards away from the Shockwave......he sat in the brush maybe a minute then started straight out towards 3 oclock to get downwind of the call obviously....he got about 15 yards out into the cornfield and was about 25 yards north of the Shockwave and I lit him up there with the Coyote light and it was over with one shot at approx. 125 yards...forgot the phone so no field photo but we got one at the crib....BANG BANG!!!!!! thumbup1

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 09/14/17 04:09 PM

were just at 30 days out until BANG BANG & its time to boot up!!!!!!!! thumbup1

p.s. I see all my pics r gone from Photobucket BUT I'm not sure why my pics r links now ILO just pics & others still seem to post pics from Flickr like I'm using now.........so if anyone has the answer send me a PM.... thx in advance!

Posted by: hm1996

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 09/14/17 04:26 PM

If you copy the properties of your flickr picture, then click on "enter an image" button above dialog box and select type of image you wish to post, then paste properties in space provided it will place: [img][/img] before and after your link and display the picture.

Regards,
hm

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 09/14/17 04:57 PM

TY for the help its greatly appreciated!!!!!! thumbup1

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 09/14/17 05:20 PM

my girls chased ground hogs & squirrels & dug like crazy for moles so shes been lickin her lips to get out chasin fur!!!! thumbup

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 09/14/17 05:23 PM

Good looking pup! thumbup

Regards,
hm

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 09/14/17 06:51 PM

that is a lot of ammo. how many coyotes do you kill in a year? smile

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 09/14/17 08:03 PM

that is a lot of ammo. how many coyotes do you kill in a year? smile

after finding factory ammo that lets my gun shoot (3) cold bore shots like this @ 100 yards...... then finding the ammo hard to get half way thru last season thumbdown ........I choose to have more then required per season from now on......Thx!!! thumbup1

10470724_1003949299685210_4505645096598175895_n by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 09/14/17 08:10 PM

she even shoots that good with my Coyote Light locked to the barrel!!!!!!! thumbup

IMG_0495 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 09/23/17 06:52 PM

decided I was gonna get up and off the ground a lot more this season day hunting & to as well increase the areas available to make stands....so to make it the easiest with the least & lightest equipment available IMO I got myself a Lone Wolf seat and converted it into a foot climber with my Summit boot holds....I as well have on the way a Guidos style tree saddle which will double as my backpack to carry my Shockwave & the Lone Wolf climber.....wont matter where I walk out as long as the trees aren't to large I can get in one say 10/15 feet........total package is no more then what I have now or maybe even less and will still be hands free while walking......it wont matter how tall the brush is or how thick & I wont need clearings or woods vehicle trails or openings to hunt......should be able to get in the tree in less then 5 minutes OR set directly on the Lone Wolf 4/5 feet up a tree if I want...point being is with this set up comes visibility & yes I understand animals see easier as well but the saddle style lets u set in back of & use the tree as camo........could change my game a bit since I know most aren't doing it and I can hunt further from the truck without packing a metal climber and the bulk that comes with that...first day I got the Summit Viper I called two coyotes first stand & that was as well the time my gun didn't fire.......the post is further back on this thread somewhere but it was still great fun & the closest I had called coyotes I could see.......either way the Guidos and Lone Wolf piece together should weigh less then 10 pounds...ill confirm that after the Guidos arrives....BINGO DINGO thumbup1

IMG_0001[2] by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

base9 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

base8 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 09/27/17 01:14 PM

packing a stand went from a NO FUN to a DREAM tt1 ................had to leave the call mounted decoy off the Shockwave and go with the stand alone Fox Jack for the best overall fitment of the gear which isn't a problem at all....

1) Guidos Web w/safety gear
2) Shockwave no decoy
3) Fox Jack decoy
4) Extra long additional tree cable for Lone Wolf foot climber
5) Gun/Bow rope pull up

YEAH BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thumbup1

vipersd1 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

Guidos 3 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

Guidos 2 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

Guidos 1 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 09/28/17 12:56 PM

went into the back yard walked up to my test tree and got up about 12 feet in about 8 minutes first time out....im thinking that's gonna be top set up time after a couple climbs & including setting the call out & pulling up a FIRE STICK......i also added a safety line to my foot climber so it doesn't get away while climbing....ITS ON!!!!!! thumbup1

12ft1 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

sfty line foot clmbr by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 10/01/17 11:25 PM

went across the lake behind the house to make a practice climb & deer hunt or take a coyote should one happen by......its private land & I have written permission....sat for 3 hours easily in the Guidos but didn't see anything either way........I did tear off my Summit foot holds and came up with a new easier game plan when I got home........I probably over thought it to begin with as this bungee will let it all pack much easier as well....OH YEAH!!!! thumbup1

bungee by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 10/06/17 02:38 PM

after getting the rifle dialed in its time to give the shotgun a bit of attention to see which of these particular 3" shells it prefers with which choke...
BANG BANG!!!!! thumbup1

(1) Hevi Shot Dead Coyote T-shot
(2) Winchester Varmint X & Hornaday Magnum Coyote BB Shot
(1) Remington #4 Buck Shot

IMG_0002[1] by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 10/09/17 01:10 PM

decided last night to change my Benelli paint...............I probably shouldn't have waited till now BUT I did.............ill take it for a quick rattle can job...gonna stink for a minute but just part of it when u procrastinate....BANG BANG!!!!!!! thumbup1

Posted by: fw707

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 10/09/17 01:13 PM

Excellent job on the paint!

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 10/09/17 01:18 PM

Originally Posted By: fw707
Excellent job on the paint!

TY appreciate it!!!!!!!! thumbup .........its got plenty of mistakes on her but I tried to cover them as I went...........im pleased & it should work better off the ground then my previous paint job...BINGO DINGO!!!!! thumbup1

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 10/09/17 03:03 PM

the first pic is everything I used to paint the Benelli................also went back and BLACKED OUT my vented rib top which really helped.........I didn't do that last paint job and cost me two birds last year.............with the vented rib properly blacked back out the helper bead glows like a dream.......time to hit the rifle so I got a matching pair.....OH HEAH!!!!!!!!!!! thumbup1

IMG_0004[1] by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

IMG_0003[1] by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 10/09/17 07:12 PM

best I got for 2017 gun camo......ITS ON!!!! thumbup1

new paint 2017 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 10/12/17 07:47 PM

went to the range today to make sure my FIRE STICK was still good after the new makeup job......took three shots to get it dialed back to bull & then I put four more home.......wanted to see what my gun would do after getting it relatively hot or hotter then I should ever get it hunting for sure...continued right on shooting at my last target and would shoot one...get up from my seated position look thru the spotting scope then load one more shell sit back down and shoot again.....took about 8 minutes maybe less to fire 11 shots repositioning every time.....everything got hotter then it would hunting and ill take this all day & the main reason I got the 20" TAC heavy barrel then cut it to 16" for the suppressor application...the two furthest are 1" apart which isn't that impressive but ill take it for 11 shots @ 100 yards when I can cover all but those two holes with a dime......on a bad note I have shot these Remington 223 AccuTip 55 grain for 2 years with no problems and then today I had two that didn't fire so I will be contacting Remington to see what they say.........BANG BANG!!!!!! thumbup1

OCT 2017 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

IMG_0001[1] by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 10/14/17 04:38 PM

tomorrows the first GAME DAY for predators so I got my babys dress from last year which she destroyed pheasant hunting in the brush fixed with the part I cut of this years new dress.....I still need the solid orange which I couldn't find new for daytime hunting so now shes got two party dresses......I had the high viz added to the orange old unit when the lady sewed the patches on it & I added the high viz to the new vest with silicone which was messy & doesnt look as good BUT mines gonna last longer and aesthetics was the least of my concern........shows up great at night just like I need.....also put a couples strips up the back of my pack...I as well loaded (9) new rabbit distress sounds & (3) hog sounds in the Shockwave....BINGO DINGO!!! thumbup1

IMG_0004[1] by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

IMG_0006[1] by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

IMG_0007[1] by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 10/16/17 11:43 PM

got up a couple trees today and made some stands & everything worked great.....while we were walking back to the truck my dog wiffed something & leaves the main trail for about 45 seconds then I whistle her back & she had a coyote follow her back to about 15 feet from the main trail then bolt as soon as it seen me & before I seen its complete body or could even react but I could hear it run away from us.....made a couple stands tonight and had a coyote warning bark me & my dog about 100 yards behind us right after we picked up our gear...........there is a lot of bow hunting pressure right now on this public land but I'm having a great time just using my Guidos just like I anticipated it should work......we also made a stand from the ground right before dark and had a 4 point buck walk out and to about 50 yards from me & my dog as well before he bolted while I tried to take a pic.....the very last stand tonight we ran across a skunk on the way back to the truck that I had to call her off of because she wasnt scared and neither was the lil skunk but it all worked out..had to get a couple pics of the STAR of the show in there as well.....BANG BANG!!!!!!!!! thumbup1

IMG_0001[2] by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

IMG_0005[1] by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

IMG_0003[1] by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

IMG_0010[1] by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 10/18/17 12:32 AM

even though its a weekday there are still lots of campers/bow hunters & even parking lot squirrel hunters so I stayed out of the woods & went out today and found a few spots to night hunt........the first pic is looking north down this lane & on the left is a lake and I set the call up next to it in hopes something would come from the tall weeds at dark BUT we only heard beavers chewing wood the entire time and cranes going nuts at each other screeching...hahahahahahaha.....went to the next set (no pic) walked out and seen an eight point buck and as we walked away from him he walked right up to where we turned from him and stood there wild what deer do in the dark......used a diaphragm to try to howl up a couple coyotes and got howled back at but no eyes only howls about 200 yards off and never showed......on the way out the buck was still there and when we got about 75 yards from him there were two eight point bucks & I couldn't believe it......I snort wheezed them and my dog ran at them & they ran about 75 yards and stood there while we walked out......the last stand is the second pic looking north during day light & we started calling it at about 930 PM.....I set up just in front of the small corn stalks looking north 2 mph wind at my back and the call 80+ yards straight out in front of me in the middle of the clear.......it only took about 5 minutes and this coyote walked out from the right towards the call and I'm guessing about 80 yards.......he took about 5 steps and I let lead loose......hit him to far back & low because I was impatient and didnt let him stop while he hopped out into the open.........he ran a circle then ran 120+ yards thru the 4 foot tall grass u can see on each side of the clearing......took my dog about two minutes once we started into the weeds to find him & bay him up and I finished it......an impatient bad shot & no dog would have been no coyote BUT my SUPER GIRL made my mistake all work out..........BANG BANG!!!!!! thumbup1

IMG_0006[1] by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

Oct 2017 1 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 11/03/17 07:11 PM

called either a fox or coyote the other day but my dog seen it & chased out after it before I seen it & it never came back but I could here it run away thru the leaves......then this time it was two skunks together the other night & I barely kept my dog off of them again....driving on the way out we see a fox by the main activities building just setting there under a lamp post.......either way I wanted to keep the fur on my dogs mind so i put a couple snares out around the lake to catch a few coyotes & as well to try to keep them out of the neighbors yards snatching cats & small dogs best we can...seen this baby opossum yesterday still out at daylight...my dog goes after it & the lil sucker dives right in the water and goes straight under water swimming away......it took a bit to connect but we finally did this morning on this female coyote..............BINGO DINGO!!!!!!! thumbup1

IMG_0012[1] by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 11/13/17 11:25 AM

we have seen deer coons opossums & even a bobcat.....nothin coming to the call though......did catch two coyotes standing in a field we were walking out to call last Wednesday night....they started to run so I took a 125 yard running shot but no go as the coyote stopped right after the shot & right before the tall weeds so I knew I missed....but now my dog is charging to the impact in the mud and sees the coyote but he didn't like all that and went into the weeds.......she ran out by where I shot and into the weeds but neither coyote was curious enough to came back which was to be expected after the shot ......snared this female this morning in one of the three snares I have out around the lake by the house....I had just made the snares & didn't paint them either so it took a bit for them to cool off.....I have three more I painted and have been cooling off in the yard laying in the grass ill put out in the next few days...BINGO DINGO!!!!! thumbup1

IMG_0207 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 11/27/17 04:56 PM

day 1 for us 2017 pheasant hunting & Super Girl put (3) birds in the air a hen & these two roosters...........BANG BANG!!!! thumbup1

2017 day 1 pheasants by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 11/29/17 08:15 PM

day 2 with my dad Super Girl put (4) birds in the air the first bird off the ground was a rooster & I told my dad he could shoot first but he didn't hear it cackle and he thought it was a hen so he didn't shoot.........the other three were hens and we chose not to shoot hens because its state law BUT u are allowed at this property because they are left over birds from the put & take hunts from the prior 10 days..........

either way today day 3 I went alone with Super Girl and she hunted harder then ever......the first bird was a rooster she literally hot trailed for over 600+ yards in 4ft brush before it broke and I slung lead three times @ 25/30/35 yards & watched it fly away and land in a tree......hahahahaahha...........the under brush though is light & they can run far & fast.........I took a pic as seen below & no I didn't blow it out of the tree either.......hahahahahaa......BUT I did decide that since its legal to take hens after the put & take hunts & as hard as my dog is hunting I'm not passin them any more and shot the next two off the ground at 20 yards and about 30 yards.....so in three days thats 10 birds off the ground which I have shot @ 5 & took 4 thus far....BINGO DINGO!!!!!!!!!!

p.s talked with some guys with Springer Spaniels and they had two dogs with no birds and were crying about not seeing any...........makes me appreciate my Super Girl even more..........BET!!!!!!!!!! thumbup1

2017 rooster tree by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

2017 day 3 hens 2 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 12/01/17 05:53 PM

every hunter with dogs or not that we talked with hadn't seen birds which doesn't make sense BUT day 4 after the 9 day put & take hunt and shes still bangin the birds out even with sore undersides to her ears from the brush........she put a rooster in the air within 15 minutes out of the truck and two hours later we had three one shot wonders in the bag with two more hens so we had three birds in the first two hours.........went back to the truck to get a drink rest the dog a minute then drove two hundred yards down further parked the trucks went back out in the same field just further down a bit and watched her put another rooster in the air which my dad shot at & missed then I did as well......further down the field she puts another rooster in the air my dad shoots then me and we see feathers but it keeps flying........then right next to me a hen breaks out from the gun fire I duck my dad shoots and misses her.........we see where the rooster and the hen go about 300 yards to the west........we make a U back to the truck & get to where the rooster went down & the dog goes hot immediately and runs the rooster right at us & catches the rooster on the ground as it was hit from our shots we had just taken about 20 minutes prior when we seen feathers and couldn't fly anymore so it was actually a great recovery by my dog........so we had our bag limit and called it a day.........then walking out she jumps another rooster we watched fly right by us.......... so in 4 hours she put a total of 7 birds in the air 6 shot at & 4 taken to make a great day in the field...........SUPER GIRL gets the next 4 days off heeling up her ears............BANG BANG!!!!! thumbup1

IMG_0102 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 12/05/17 07:41 PM

went across the lake & did a 6 hour sit in the Guidos Sunday & seen squirrels, sea gulls, chipmunks & an eagle....NO DEER.......today I met my dad for day 5 chasing pheasants.......we hunted the field she put 7 in the air the other day but NO BIRDS......went across the street and she had a hen in the air within 5 minutes that I missed & another rooster in the air within 5 minutes of that we couldn't shoot at then about 30 minutes after that another hen I took at about 20 yards first bang............we moved to the other side of the park and it took 40 minutes but she put a hen in the air we couldn't shoot at then 20 minutes later a rooster i waited for my dad to shoot at & he missed so I unloaded my gun & missed as it passed right in front of both of us at about 30 yards.........the next hen my dad took first bang............so she put 6 birds in the air we shot at 4 & took 2........wind was 15 MPH all day so SUPER GIRL hunted hard for 6 good hours but our shooting wasn't up to par for her today that's for sure..........either way another great day in the field..............BANG BANG!!!!!!!!!! thumbup1

2017 day 5 2 hens 1 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 12/06/17 05:49 PM

day 6 and we went back at it but my dad took the day off..........first field she put a rooster in the air in 5 minutes and I missed it....20 minutes later she puts a hen in the air and I missed it...........she comes back looking at me like she needs to be shooting as well......hahahahaha.....next field she puts a rooster in the air in about 30 minutes and I take him with a one shot wonder.......we move to another field we hadn't been in yet and in 10 minutes shes got a rooster in the air and I take him with a one shot wonder so we had our limit........before we can leave the spot the rooster went down she goes hot again and within 2 minutes shes got a hen in the air........we make a U back to the truck and about 15 minutes after the hen another rooster goes up.........so in 3.5 hours she puts another 6 birds in the air shot at 4 missed two and took the two roosters....winds were 15+ MPH and SUPER GIRL pulled it off again.....BANG BANG!!!!!!!!!!! thumbup1

2017 day 6 1 1 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

2017 day 6 1 2 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

2017 day 6 2 2 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 12/07/17 08:17 PM

day 7 we hit the field at 1030 she had a rooster in the air 20 minutes later that I missed........20 minutes later she puts another rooster in the air I hit with a one shot wonder........30 minutes after that another rooster I miss...........we moved to another field and about 15 minutes in she puts a hen in the air I let go.......we moved again to a field on the other side of the park and it was the first field she has never got a bird in at all......went back to the other side of the park and she puts two more roosters in the air I cant shoot at as she got a bit to far with the weeds and wind when they left the ground so I didn't shoot.........so she put 6 birds in the air shot at 3 and took 1......we hunted from 1030 to 530 & it was worth every minute watching SUPER GIRL chase these birds down & put them in the air..........BINGO DINGO!!!!!!! thumbup1

2017 day 7 1 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 12/07/17 08:39 PM

is super girl nursing pups?

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 12/07/17 08:44 PM

is super girl nursing pups?

nope shes FAT & this orange vest is SUPER TIGHT...hhahahahaha.........BET!!!!! thumbup

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 12/07/17 09:43 PM

oh. it looks like she has teats and a milk sack in this picture. thought maybe she was a mama.

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 12/07/17 09:45 PM

oh. it looks like she has teats and a milk sack in this picture. thought maybe she was a mama.

shes FAT & I'm sure stickers & briars rubbing her belly all day with her lack of belly hair doesn't help her exposed teats........Thx

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 12/11/17 04:42 PM

last Friday day 8 Super Girl put 2 roosters in the air and I missed them both.....we ended the day with a ZERO thx to my shooting or lack there of.....hahahaha......went back out today day 9 and she put a hen in the air 15 minutes out of the truck and I missed that bird.......15 minutes later she put a rooster in the air that I couldn't shoot at.....then 15 minutes after that she had another hen in the air I took with one shot...........figured out I stopped leading the birds enough & got back on track.....so today she put 3 in the air shot at 2 & took 1......also caught this opossum out in a field getting a drink out of this hole....he freaked out right after this pic when he realized I was there & darted into the water hole...BANG BANG!!!!!! thumbup1

2017 day 9 1 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

2017 opp day 9 pheasants by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 12/23/17 09:10 PM

Super Girls pheasant totals for the year
Roosters in the air 22
Hens in the air 19
Total birds in the air 41
Shot birds 14

another great year for birds even with my sad shooting this season....hahahahahahaha........BET!!!!!! thumbup

two nights ago I thought I heard coyotes in my back yard BUT also thought I had coyote fever.......went to the back garage door & there one was and my dog bolted after it but it ran & the other I could hear over in my neighbors yard as they were after another neighbors further over small dogs which were out & barking........all of our houses are on the lake so the coyotes travel right through the yards all night long..........this was my first encounter though to see them two nights ago......tonight I hear my dog going absolutely nuts so I grab the shotty with the red light ready & loaded.....I knew if she was right at or just inside the back garage door & barking that it was another dog or a coyote......got to the back garage door lit the light scanned & there it was 40 yards right towards the lake........soon as the light hit the coyote it ran about 10 yards & I lit the thing up with the Benelli & load of 3" Dead Coyote T shot...........it folded up immediately DRT...........needless to say my dog was ecstatic bangin one in her own back yard.......hahahahahahaha...............BANG BANG!!!!!!!!!!! thumbup1

2017 backyard 1 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

2017 backyard 2 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 12/24/17 09:22 AM

u can barely see it laying in front of the trees but it ended up being a 36 yard shot as I left it until I ranged it this morning.....the coyote was straight out the back door when I first hit it with the light then ran parallel to the lake as it tried to bolt and got to this point right in front of the trees when I lit it up.........I didn't even make it out the back door when I shot...........BINGO DINGO!!!!!!! thumbup1

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!! thumbup1

2017 back yard coyote shot by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

IMG_0484 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 12/30/17 10:18 AM

intended to wait until about 8pm last night when the snow had stopped and I was going to walk around the lake now that its froze and hunt the other side.....looked out my back kitchen window about 7:50 and there are two coyotes on my beach right at the lake @ 40 yards......I grab the Benelli and start out into the garage leaving the lights off & I already have the door cracked open so I don't even have to turn the knob just quietly open it as I had it ready just in case any showed up.....then as I walk across the garage in the dark I kick a *#%#($&)#$ bucket.....hahahahahahaa tt2 ........needless to say when I get to the back door & get it open they are now out on the frozen lake.....one coyote is running straight away across the lake and the other sees my dog & is running parallel to the bank 20 yards out on the ice........first shot 60+ yards I hear the coyote yelp & next two shots were even further but nothing as I probably forgot to lead enough in all the excitement.....went out to try to track it & let my dog see if she could find it so we walked to the complete south end of the lake but NO GO.....the other coyote ran across the lake then warning barked us which if u listen close u can hear in the vid link below right as he started to quit making his last few barks as I think he seen the light from my phone at that point.........maybe next time......BANG BANG!!!!! thumbup1

https://flic.kr/p/21W6Lwm (video)takes a sec to play

IMG_0528 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

IMG_0522 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

IMG_0524 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 01/19/18 12:23 AM

been a cold couple weeks but we had to get out tonight and chase fur............set up in the same field I shot the first coyote of the year in that's about 75 yards wide 600 yards long with tall 4ft weeds on each side.......I was on the south end facing straight north call was 35 yards to my left on that side of field right against the brush and 80 yards out in front of me..........the wind was coming from that same side out of the southwest @ 12 mph......I get sat down in my chair and get my dog back & sat down & before I can even call I have my headlamp on & eyes about 150 yards out to the right just at the brush edge on the opposite side of the field but straight downwind of my flopping decoy with the rabbit pee on it............I hit it with the gun light but it didn't like it when I started to turn it up so I backed off.....I called rabbit for 15 minutes with nothing since I couldn't see those eyes any longer..........then I do a couple howls with a mouth diaphragm & spot eyes in the tall grass to the left 40 yards past the call about 5 minutes later so I got back to rabbit thinking maybe he came from further wanting the rabbit & kept concentrating my lights there trying to identify but it stayed about 5 feet inside the weeds...........then i see my dog alert back to the right looking on the direct opposite side of the field where I seen eyes at when I first sat down & as soon as I pan my headlamp back over to the right there comes a coyote out into the field about 125 /130 yards out heading right towards my caller & lighted decoy.......I stop the rabbit & the coyote stops & I lit it up right there........gotta say nothin like a good huntin partner as my girl spotted this one comin out before I did with no light..........BINGO DINGO!!!!!!!!!!!!! thumbup1

2018 1 1 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 01/20/18 11:15 PM

nothin to do with huntin BUT my TLR Coyote light on the Benelli looks awesome out the back door in tonights mist & fog...my Star Wars light saber tt2 ....if your a predator don't find yourself on the wrong end of a Light Saber.....BANG BANG!!!!!!!!!! thumbup1

IMG_0599 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr
Posted by: Jay Cummings

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 01/21/18 11:49 AM

Pretty cool!!!

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 01/27/18 12:26 AM

my Remy 223 fell over a few days ago so I went to the range today and made sure it was still dialed in TIGHT.......went out and made a few daytime stands with wind at 17/18 mph but I still found some great night time stands and had a great day in general with the weather..........night hit and we also made a few night stands.........second stand was an exact repeat of the last hunt we took the coyote in the snow at same place same position same wind everything..........coyote came out before 3 minutes stood straight down wind I let lead loose and completely miss...........coyote bolts across the field angling what looks to be towards me as I try to watch it in my scope........as it gets to the complete other side it came from it gets to the weeds edge and starts straight towards me......I get another shell locked & loaded catch eyes again and let lead loose again........over DRT...........walk out to find that it went straight between the eyes and I couldn't have held the gun to its head and done any better...........it was 50 yards from the call & the call was 60 yards from me.............so I'm sure I didn't hold enough on the initial shot and under guessed the distance for sure as it was probably 150+ when I first shot & missed & 110 when I lit it up running towards me on the second shot...........I think next season I'm going with white lights ILO red as I feel white is much easier to judge distance and identify the animal obviously........she also cornered this baby opossum & I seen three SERIOUS bucks running behind a doe right before sun set......BANG BANG! thumbup1

DAYTIME 1 2018 2 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

DAYTIME 1 2018 1 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

Opp 2 2018 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

2018 126181 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

12620182 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 02/07/18 01:43 PM

could have made about $3.00 even @ a penny a piece on opossums this season but we don't shoot the innocent tt2 ....called up three more coyotes and didn't get to shoot at any of them.....first was 300+ then left before I could get on him and never came back......couple days later I had one come from each side of the field at the same time but I light burnt them both in the excitement & that was GAME OVER for those two........BINGO DINGO!!!!!!! thumbup1

IMG_0556 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

IMG_0650 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

Opp 1 2018 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 07/07/18 09:21 PM

Super Girl lit up her first ground hog of the summer no gun required...…….also today I got the Benelli ready for this years camo job...….gonna get r done early before this season!!!!!!!!! thumbup1

IMG_1922 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

IMG_1953 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 07/09/18 06:56 PM

2018 Benelli camo locked & loaded...…..it doesn't look as good in the pics as last years BUT in person its much better IMO...….BANG BANG!!!!!! thumbup1

IMG_1958 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

IMG_1965 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 07/10/18 06:16 PM

39 yard shot with the Sheridan air rifle straight out the back garage door down to the lake by the pick nick table in first pic...pic is from garage door where I shot from...…..caught the ground hog right in the side under his upper arm while he sat on his back legs and he started spinning & by the time he went for cover back under the rail road logs my dog was down the hill & on him...…..GAME OVER!!!!! thumbup1

IMG_1978 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

IMG_1977 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

IMG_1975 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 07/12/18 12:04 PM

the DEMON TEAM FIRE STICKS have new paint & with a little air time will be ready to ROCK SOCKS for 2018-19...…...BANG BANG!!!!!!!!
thumbup1

IMG_1996 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 07/13/18 04:56 PM

she had one cornered in a hole this morning I had to call her off of but could hear the ground hog in the hole chirping at her...…..brought her in for a bit......2 minutes after I let her back out shes going nuts again but this time she has chased the ground hog under a 10 ft aluminum boat right by the lake.....I get the boat side lifted & she launches in & fights with it & gets her ear bit before it was all over BUT we got it handled...…..#3 down......BINESS!!!!!!!!!!! thumbup1

IMG_2013 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 07/15/18 06:44 PM

came outside a few minutes ago & I can hear Super Girl has something bayed up on the ground and is working it...………..get down to the small group of woods by the lake & shes got another ground hog cornered...…#4 gone…..BANG BANG!!!! thumbup1

IMG_2035 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 07/17/18 03:54 PM

I come out into the garage and watch my dog take two steps & lock up looking down the hill towards the pick nick table...….I walk to look & see nothing but then send her anyway because she doesn't miss when she sees something....she takes off & gets down by the pick nick table she starts around it and the rail road logs & then the chase is on & I think shes on a squirrel that wouldn't run under the railroad logs BUT its another ground hog...….this time she chases this one under HER boat and bays it up...….#5 gone...…...BANG BANG!! thumbup1

IMG_2039 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

IMG_2047 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 08/15/18 12:40 PM

shes still on ground hog watch & we also just entered the 60 day countdown to 2018/2019 season of coyote chasin thumbup …………..BINGO DINGO!!!!!!!!!! thumbup1

IMG_2107 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

IMG_2053 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr
Posted by: bob2799

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 09/13/18 09:11 PM

sure looks like you had a good day ..
Posted by: azpredatorhunter

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 09/14/18 10:04 AM

Poor woodchuck

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 09/14/18 11:53 AM

cool

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 09/14/18 02:03 PM

she caught this young squirrel slippin two days ago & left it at the back door into the house for me to see!!!!!!!!! thumbup1

IMG_2358 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 09/18/18 10:13 AM

hes a young one for sure ..

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 10/12/18 11:43 AM

frown

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 10/13/18 07:54 PM

...…...Thx in advance! thumbup1

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 10/13/18 07:59 PM

very first shot almost dead bull...…..I couldn't have held it to the paper & done much better...…...left that target alone & moved over to my target next to it cracked off the next three shots at the diamonds edge......sat back thought maybe the first was just luck...……..then I slowed down my trigger squeeze a bit stopped jerking it & lit the next three up in the circle......the circle is 1" the diamond is 1.375" & these were at 100 yards so the rifle is ready for coyotes on Monday....then I took my girl out to eye some spots & she got her a squirrel so the Benellis warmed up as well...…we also didn't shoot anything on the tracks or from the tracks just the photo shoot..BANG BANG!!!!!! thumbup1

p.s. were in the 48 hour countdown window!!!!!! thumbup

IMG_2618 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

IMG_2619 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

IMG_2614 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 10/14/18 04:50 AM

Being some what new here i didnt realize i was doing something unacceptable .. Please accept my sincere apologies ..

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 10/16/18 01:16 AM

scouted this plowed up field & called it as my second set after it got dark looking the way u see it in the pic which is towards the southeast...…….wind was from the west & I set my call this side of the brush spot out in front of me...…...the coyote came bouncing in under 5 minutes directly at the weeds edge straight east of the call & I lit him up right there & it was about a 70 yard shot...…….this was the second night set...…….called as set after this & was blank then went to the fourth & called in another coyote in less then 5 minutes...….didn't get to sling lead at that one though as the weeds were a bit tall & I think my dog spooked him before I could let lead loose & he was gone as fast as he showed up...….either way we had a great first night out calling up 2 in 4 sets...……..BANG BANG!!!!!! thumbup1

IMG_2626 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

IMG_2629 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 10/17/18 03:22 PM

made 5 sets last night and had coyotes at the first two...….first set I walked us to far in on an L shaped clover field between corn fields that's 40 yards wide 150 long one leg and 40 by 350 the other leg...well I walked us thru the 150 to hunt the 350 portion and the coyote was standing behind us in the 150 portion when we went to leave.....my dog was running towards him and he was watching & I felt he would bolt so I slung lead at his head at about 110 yards as he was over a knoll in the field NO GO...…...I should have dropped and seen if he liked my dog becasue they all don't run but I got caught up in the moment & I rushed the shot free hand...….next set the coyote came right where I expected to the edge of a corn field about 125 yards out...I watched him until i seen him walk out into knee to waist high weeds to make sure it was a coyote and then he just disappeared....my dog with her high viz vest can disappear 50 yards away in the same stuff so coyotes eyes can be gone so easily......when I got him in the scope I let lead loose at the head again NO GO.....im pretty sure im back to trigger jerking in all the excitement for one...I usually don't shoot at their heads other then last years runner for two...I should probably start using my FIRE DOT reticle again & a weed could have easily caught my lead in flight......either excuse u wanna call tt2 .....below is the look you get from your best huntin buddy when leads flyin and theres NO FUR to chew on...…...hahahahaha……another great night out....BINGO DINGO!!!!!!!!! thumbup1

IMG_2634 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 10/18/18 10:41 AM

made 4 sets last night Wednesday 10/17/18 starting at 10pm since the moon just keeps getting brighter.....I hid in the shadows Monday & Tuesday night the way the wind was but last night it wasn't as easy...…….this one didn't come out til after 2 when the moon was gone......set up looking straight south down a 40foot wide walking lane & the wind was coning over my back from the north west with tall weeds on the east side and a still standing corn field on the west...…..play the caller with distress for 10 mintes with nothin......then heard a coyote barking straight south of us but not warning barking as it seemed to far off.....so I let out a few howls from the e caller & just go silent.....about 4 minutes later this coyote steps out from the east side of the lane & about 40 yards past the caller which is 50 yards from me & just sttands there like I know those howls came from over here...….I thought it was a deer as one had just passed thru the same general area.....I look again its a coyote so I let lead loose with the FIRE DOT lit and the thing bolts like I never touched it...…...this time though there were no obstructions and I knew better so I go down with my dog where I think it went in BUT am going to far...….I stop trying to direct let my dog show me where she keeps going into the weeds to look which I think is to close BUT I find blood...…...follow her about 40 yards and into the corn field & there the coyote lays...….Super girl does it again as I may not have found it with out her even though it was so close……….the shot looked great BUT it still ran about 40 yards..…..tough lil suckers for sure...…….BANG BANG!!!! thumbup1

DSC01703 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

DSC01707 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 10/20/18 01:21 PM

made 5 sets last night...…...started hunting about 9 after the rain ended and got SKUNKED all night & knew it was comin as it doesn't usually stay as good as its started for me this year especially hunting public land....to be honest had it not been for the clouds I wouldn't have went but learned real quick its still brighter then normal even with the moon that big behind full cloud cover...….didn't see the game either few deer yeah but the other critters no....not even one howl the entire night and I feel it was the moon as my best guess but who really knows as it could have been the abundance of deer hunters arriving daily as well due to more optimum weather......today though 20+ mph winds so I decided to work out a few kinks in my gear like my rattly shooting sticks in my backpack gun pouch with my seat when I don't have a gun in with them.....I think I took care of that with the foam tube & maybe someone else can use the idea.....drops out of the way in shooting position and keeps the sticks apart a bit better when in the stowed position in the pack...either way its great time to be out & another good time regardless....BINGO DINGO!!!! thumbup1

IMG_2656 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

IMG_2655 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 11/07/18 03:39 PM

made & called about 20 sets over the past couple weeks and have called 4 but no shots for one reason or another tt2 ...…….still been good times.....also been doing a bit of trapping around the lake behind the house and took this coyote at a stump set Saturday & this fox at a sea shell looking piece of dead wood set Sunday...….both were just flat sets with light blocking for a limited approach......BINGO DINGO!!! thumbup1

IMG_2819 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

IMG_2858 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 11/07/18 03:43 PM

had my best one day catch behind the house on coyotes today...….hit these three poodle poachers within 50 yards of each other...….in the 1st pic of my dog & one coyote u can see #2 standing on the log set in the background and the 3rd was just 15 yards from that one down the hill......….BINESS!! thumbup1

IMG_0022 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

IMG_0023 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr
Posted by: SVB

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 11/07/18 04:37 PM

CONGRATS on your catches------------Good looking Coyotes---------svb

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 11/08/18 09:43 AM

Originally Posted By: SVB
CONGRATS on your catches------------Good looking Coyotes---------svb

Thx friend...…….when u take into consideration I live in Indianapolis less then 3 miles from the center of downtown as seen in the pic below in which u can see the tallest building in downtown to the right of the white building by the lake & I only have about 6 acres to trap I don't do bad...…..the best part is 4 acres on one end of the lake are attached to the landfill so I have to call them in off that property with lures & baits to get results......BINGO DINGO!!!! thumbup1

IMG_0033 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 11/08/18 09:49 AM

caught two more poodle poachers & another cat snatcher last night!!!!!!!!! thumbup1

IMG_0031 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

IMG_0028 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

IMG_0030 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 11/13/18 09:53 AM

caught a couple baby bird egg snatchin coons yesterday & another coon & coyote today...……..also shot a coon in a corn field last night at about 85 yards.....my dog has treed 6 coons over the last few coyote hunts but we always seem to have the rifle not the shotgun.....also called another coyote right after the coon on the third stand last night & MISSED at about 130 yards as I under guessed it...…it was an exact repeat of the second coyote we got this year & in the exact same spot only I missed...either way been good times huntin & trappin…….BET!! thumbup1

IMG_0070 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

IMG_0084 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

IMG_0086 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

IMG_0082 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

IMG_0090 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 11/16/18 10:19 AM

made 4 sets calling last night & called in one BUT he didn't like my lights and bolted before I could shoot...……caught these two poodle poachers by the house this morning!!!!! thumbup1

IMG_0100 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

IMG_0099 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

IMG_0103 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 11/19/18 09:27 AM

rainy night last night but we still caught this cat snatcher!! thumbup1

IMG_0113 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 11/21/18 08:42 AM

we caught this TWO POINTER white tip tail poodle poacher last night......it was the same end of log set I got the fox a couple nights ago!! thumbup1

IMG_0128 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

IMG_0133 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

IMG_0135 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 11/21/18 10:32 AM

GRATS ON THE 2POINTER-------NICE BUNCH OF FUR---GREAT PIC'S--- THANKS FOR SHARING----------------

SVB

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 11/22/18 08:46 AM

caught another poodle poacher last night...……..Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!!! thumbup1

IMG_0152 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 11/24/18 08:39 AM

had another rainy night last night but we still caught our second at this set cat snatcher in my sea shell set we just caught the snarling coyote at a few days ago!!!!!!!!!!!! thumbup1

IMG_0160 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

IMG_0161 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 11/27/18 08:44 AM

went out calling last Saturday night even though deer hunters & pheasant hunters had been out heavy......walked up on a coyote as we went to a stand BUT he ran as soon as he seen our lights hit him & I missed a straight running away shot just passed 120 yards...also caught this poodle poacher this morning & were headed out pheasant hunting in about 2 hours...…...LIVE IT!!!!!!!!! thumbup1

IMG_0170 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

IMG_0175 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 11/27/18 08:22 PM

Super Girl does it again...…...5 birds in the air BUT I could only down 1......didn't get to hunting until 2 this afternoon BUT 2 minutes out of the truck shes got a rooster in the air.....I shoot at 20+ then 15+ then 10+ & didn't see a feather fly tt2 ...…..bird was basically in my face & I couldn't pull it off...….400 yards later shes got a hen in the air & I didn't even raise my gun...…..another 100 yards and another hen so no shots......left that field and the next field she works a small heavy brush/tree island the size of my back yard out in a corn field for 5 minutes and even as hard as I could see her working inside the thick she couldn't get that bird off the ground...….then about 600 yards later shes got another rooster in the air & I couldnt fire my gun as I didn't get the safety off for whatever reason.....hit another field & she puts another rooster in the air & I take it with a one shot wonder...…..a great day in the field...….time to rest up & get ready to do it all over again tomorrow...….BANG BANG!!!!!!! thumbup1

IMG_0183 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

IMG_0181 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 11/28/18 08:43 PM

day 2 & Super Girl cant be stopped tt2 .. even after the pay to play shooters had their go at it with over 60 hunters per day for the first 10 days she still put 6 birds in the air today...…...we got started about 1 this afternoon and 20 minutes in the first field shes got a rooster in the air I took at 10 yards...soon after she sticks her nose in the air then takes us across a 200 yard wide cut corn field to some heavy brush then proceeds to go hot again & hunts a bird a good 150 yards along it & about 40 yards into the brush before she puts the second rooster in the air...…..normally I don't let her go like that but I knew she was on this one so I let her at least put it up but I couldn't even see it to shoot......I squeaked her back because I never call my dog or use a human voice to really even control her 99% of the time day or night & we went to the next field......200 yards in the second field shes got a hen in the air then another hen 200 yards later then 100 yards later the third hen..…..I don't shoot the hens the first few days we hunt saving them for last...……..next field was a bust...…..the last field we no sooner get out of the truck and she goes hot and hunts this fence line for over 500 yards then puts another hen in the air......also figured out why I missed the first bird yesterday so bad as I had my improved mod choke in my gun and it should have been my improved cylinder choke I used today......I don't hunt right over my dog I like her 10/15 yards away bustin them out and the birds actually get to start flying not just lifting off the ground before I start playin......her old vest is torn again and shes already lost her new vest some where on the trap line...….we did find some new coyote callin spots for later as well.... BANG BANG!!!! thumbup1

IMG_0187 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

IMG_0190 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr
Posted by: springer

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 11/28/18 09:57 PM

All of the predators are 3 miles south of downtown Indy? Can't say I'm too surprised, I've seen a lot of coyotes running the WHite River trail downtown mid day.

Are those wilde pheasants? I didn't think there was anywhere to hunt them outside planted birds in IN....I have 15 acres west of the city and on very rare occasions I have bobwhite, but never a pheasant.

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 11/28/18 10:06 PM

Originally Posted By: springer
All of the predators are 3 miles south of downtown Indy? Can't say I'm too surprised, I've seen a lot of coyotes running the WHite River trail downtown mid day.

Are those wilde pheasants? I didn't think there was anywhere to hunt them outside planted birds in IN....I have 15 acres west of the city and on very rare occasions I have bobwhite, but never a pheasant.

yeah the ones I have caught are & I have caught 13 coyotes & 3 fox thus far & that's how far downtown is from my house...….these are the Atterbury put & take hunt pheasants they let the regular guys hunt after the pay to play hunt is over & done...….im sure if there are any other pheasants around they are few & far between for sure...….I can say without my dog there wouldn't be any seeing these birds either IMO...…...Good Luck! thumbup1
Posted by: springer

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 11/28/18 10:13 PM

Originally Posted By: springer

yeah the ones I have caught are & I have caught 13 coyotes & 3 fox thus far & that's how far downtown is from my house...….these are the Atterbury put & take hunt pheasants they let the regular guys hunt after the pay to play hunt is over & done...….im sure if there are any other pheasants around they are few & far between for sure...….I can say without my dog there wouldn't be any seeing these birds either IMO...…...Good Luck! thumbup1

Thanks, I need to put in for the put n take....spaniels want to play...have the coyotes out here and everywhere, kill more of them than deer.

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 11/29/18 06:48 PM

well today Super Girl said if it comes off the ground were slingin lead so we did...…..got started about 1230 & at 1245 she had a rooster in the air I missed......5 minutes later another rooster in the air I missed...…..next field we hit she puts a hen in the air about 5 minutes in and we take that one with one shot...….we then see a hunter coming from the other end so we make our way back to the truck......the next field was a bust but we found another good callin spot for later...…...then we went to the last field and about 10 minutes in she goes off into some super tall & puts another hen up I take with one shot......we no sooner get the bird & get out of that and she goes HOT and hunts a bird for about 150 yards & I was filming since we had our limit & she put another rooster in the air...…...another GREAT day with 5 birds in the air & we got our limit of 2.........so I got her home early to rest up so I can take my dad out tomorrow while its warm out...BANG BANG!!!! thumbup1

p.s. the last pic is actually a small vid of her work!!!!!!!!!! thumbup

IMG_0199 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

IMG_0205 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

IMG_0216 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 11/30/18 06:42 PM

we got started hunting about 1130 today and the first 3 fields were a bust......got to the the fourth field and about 15 minutes in she puts a rooster up my dad takes at about 15 yards with one shot...….we get the bird do the photo shoot & she goes hot again within 5 minutes and my dad got a hen at about 15 yards with one shot...….we hunted for another 30 minutes then he had enough & left for the house about 330!!!! thumbup1

IMG_0619 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

IMG_0628 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 11/30/18 07:15 PM

I stayed & took Super Girl across the street into the tall over your head grass field with knee high cut lanes you can see in the first pic.....within 5 minutes she goes hot and puts a hen in the air I missed at over 20 yards...…..about 10 minutes later she goes hot again and puts a rooster in the air but its on the other side of some trees and I cant shoot...…..we hunt another 10 minutes & she goes hot and puts a rooster in the air I take at 15 yards with one shot...…...about 10 minutes after that she goes hot and i take a hen at 20 yards with one shot......I get the bird gathered up and while im trying to do the photo shoot with the hen we hear something in the tall grass right by us...….I stand up to see if its an animal cause it seemed loud......my dog hears it and starts to bark so I grab my gun...…..we walk 15 ft towards the moving brush & my dog starts bouncing and runs another 20 feet and around a giant sticker patch & starts bouncing again...….now a hen leaves the ground right by her then right after another hen leaves the ground 5 feet in front of me......they get 40 yards across the tall grass field and a rooster comes off the ground and flys with them...…..it was AWESOME tt2 .....we get back to the truck and while im setting the birds up for the last photo shoot my dog is in the corn field in the last pic......within 5 minutes before I call her back she puts another rooster up out in the corn field about 50 yards by the large tree on the left in the photo...…...GREAT DAY with 10 birds in the air when it was all over...…..BANG BANG!!! thumbup1

p.s. this all happened in an hour after my dad left!!!!!!!!! thumbup

IMG_0227 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

IMG_0228 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

IMG_0232 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

IMG_0234 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

IMG_0235 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr
Posted by: Rookietjx2

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 12/02/18 08:04 AM

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 12/02/18 08:23 AM

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 12/02/18 08:33 AM

U should start a thread about your hunts thumbup ...……..this one is about mine...…..thx in advance!!!!!!!! thumbup1

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 12/02/18 09:28 AM

My bad, I thought it was a thread for Indiana hunters...

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 12/02/18 10:24 AM

Originally Posted By: Rookietjx2
My bad, I thought it was a thread for Indiana hunters...

I understand & that's MY FAULT for the title as I should have been more selective when I started this thread...….either way nice coyotes thumbup ......THX again & Good Luck!!!!!!! thumbup1

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 12/02/18 11:03 AM

Those birds are awesome. Wish I had a dog for that.

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 12/02/18 11:43 AM

Originally Posted By: Honda Rider
Those birds are awesome. Wish I had a dog for that.

its more FUN watchin the dog go HOT and then find & flush the birds then it is shooting them thumbup ...….Thx friend & Good Luck!!!!! thumbup1

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 12/03/18 08:50 AM

the trapline has been a mess for about a week with the weather snow to rain scenario......ive had action with a opossum that set off the sea shell set but got lucky a rock stopped the jaws.....then a small this years coon we caught & then let go a day after that......then the next day we had a visitor at three sets that tore them up after I had set off the foot holds in the wet weather....well Saturday was a wash out so yesterday I got up did a brake job on my grandmas car then we hit the trapline for those repairs.....today we had #14 when we did our check....forgot the cell so it was just an after the fact photo shoot...….time to go find some pheasants after two days in the house...….BANG BANG!!!!!! thumbup1

IMG_0248 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 12/03/18 03:44 PM

just like Samuel Jacksons wallet in Pulp Fiction my dogs collar should say BAD M$#%#^ F%#$# tt2 …..15 minutes into the first field in the drizzle Super Girl puts a rooster in the air we take with one shot......we then take a 30 minute walk thru a path in the woods we hadn't been on...…...after that we get back out into the tall grass field and I take her down another lane...…..we get 10 feet into it & she goes hot so I just stop & the second she starts back towards me a hen comes off the ground between us I let fly...…..we walk another 40 feet and shes still hot so I stop again.....this time she flushes a rooster about 15 yards with a giant sticker bush between me and the bird...…...the first shot thru the stickers not even a feather...…..then as soon as im ready to unload round 2 as its clearing the heavy brush rooster #2 leaves the ground less then 10 yards in front of me...…..im still on the other bird and pull the trigger not even close as that bird startled me...…..so now I turn back to the one that's just left the ground and down him with the last load in the gun...…...50 minutes 30 walking in the woods and we had our limit of 2...they were holding tight today with the drizzly/rainy weather for sure…….get back to the truck get some coyote ammo to try some sets...…..walk out about 100 yards on the other side and she puts another rooster in the air for a total of 5 birds for the day...….it kept drizzling on us the whole time so we came home early to rest up for tomorrow......BANG BANG!!! thumbup1

IMG_0251 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

IMG_0253 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

IMG_0266 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 12/05/18 07:45 AM

well Super Girl hunted her rear off yesterday......she put three birds in the air but we could only shoot at one and got it...….it was a tougher day due to the other hunters getting in the field first BUT it was still another great day out...….BANG BANG!! thumbup1

IMG_0290 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 12/05/18 10:13 PM

went to larger woods today that i been waiting all season for them to close this gate......they do it right after the slug slingers wrap up gun season so it was most likely shut two days ago......so we walked out about 3/4 of a mile maybe more to this cut thru....in the second pic the wind was in our face and to the left.....we were facing to the west just like the pic so the wind was from the northwest & the caller was out in front of us down the lane about 50 yards.....we called rabbit for 10 minutes then I made a couple howls with my howler & let my dog walk out a bit...….she goes over the hill to the right messes around comes back & stands behind me...….I then start up a fox distress & I just went with the first one which I didn't know was gray fox distress but it was.....about 3 minutes later this gray fox comes from the exact spot my dog just came back from......first thing I think when I see it is we called a cat......he turns to leave as I stand and as the cat looks back he turns into a grey fox...…..as soon as he sees im not what hes looking for he starts to run & I light him up with the Benelli at less then 8 yards......Super Girl gets in and gets a mouth full of fur & its over......I think im gonna have this guy done up in some sort of mount...…...GREAT DAY OUT...…..BANG BANG!!!! thumbup1

IMG_0296 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

IMG_0301 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

IMG_0300 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 12/06/18 11:15 AM

well yesterday I thought I seen a cat & today I actually did...…..my dog treed a small wild cat while doing our check this morning.....the digger coyote I thought we caught two days ago wasn't the digger...….now the coyote along with that cat is getting on the logs to get at my bait from the back & also the coyote made another dig spot in the leaves as well...…..now that he seen those set off traps for two days this one could be a challenge......also had fresh coyote tracks right out back in the snow in the patch of woods right behind my house this morning even after taking 14 coyotes so far they are still running my back yard & traps...…..BANG BANG!!!! thumbup1

IMG_0314 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

IMG_0311 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

IMG_0308 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

IMG_0312 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 12/07/18 10:03 AM

went out yesterday before dark parked in a spot I did a few weeks ago got ready closed my door looked down and BAMMMMM tt1 ...….buried in the grass ran over & probably by me when I dropped it two weeks ago was my closed reed Carver distress call...still works & not broke so YESSSSS thumbup ….we also had this coon this morning...BANG BANG!!! thumbup1

IMG_0315 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

IMG_0317 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 12/19/18 11:39 PM

Super Girl has been sick for the last 10 days for the first time ever...…..she FINALLY came out of it two days ago so we went hunting tonight for the first time in 10 days.....got out into a field and close to where we were gonna call BUT my dog took off across this corn field wind in her face so I let her go...….I stand around scanning for a few minutes then decide my dogs been out of sight for to long and start to squeak her back,,,,,,she doesn't come for two minutes or so so then I start to whistle her back......she still doesn't come for another two minutes......I stop for a few and then can hear her shake her head flapping her ears but still cant see her across the field......about 30 seconds later she comes out of the tall grass about 150 yards plus minimum and I think good deal there she is......I scan back behind her after she get about 40 yards towards me and see another set of eyes at the edge of the field...…..she keeps coming across the field I shut down my head lamp & light the gun light on FULL BLAST & know im gonna see it or spook it.....get the gun light on the coyote & it comes out into field about 5 yards following my dogs trail and standing free hand i sling lead.....my dog heads back across the field and within 45 seconds probably less shes baying the coyote in 6 ft tall grass.....I get across the field & she gets the coyote chased about 40 yards thru the tall grass back into the corn field and I finished it...….not the best first shot BUT it was free hand at 150+ yards in the dark.....again Super Girl saves the day fresh off the sick bed...…we called another coyote right up behind us on the next stand with hand call doing howls but this time she chased it & started barking and right when I seen his eyes he turned & was gone....GREAT NIGHT OUT & didn't even light the Foxpro..BANG BANG!!!! thumbup1

IMG_0356 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 01/02/19 10:28 PM

missed a coyote free hand with the Remy 223 the Friday night before Christmas as I caught it on the way back to the truck standing in the trail we had walked out..…..had to shoot thru some weeds so it may have been deflected but I missed that one at about 75 yards...….the next day Saturday I seen a grey fox run out in front of us on a grassy trail while we were walking out to call...…..lit the Benelli and thru lead but it was a no go and missed at about 45 yards.....went out last night and called one up in a corn field about 200 out but he didn't like it and as soon as I seen him and moved the gun on him he left as quick as I seen him...…..made another set on the way back out and as we walked north I caught two coyotes about 300+ yards away and 100+ on the other side coming straight south towards us.....I immediately drop in the grass next to the field get the shooting sticks and call out...…..i hit rabbit and scan out and they are both closer but behind a knoll in the field & the one looks right towards me then puts his head down and I know hes coming with the other one in tow...….I get my gun and light shinging just past the knoll in the field and he walks right into the light trotting about 110 yards out…...i lead him and let lead loose & hear the whop as he falls....I stand looking to play double down and try to free hand the other over the knoll.....I cant see it and after I scan back I think I see my coyote leaving BUT now cant see my dog so I cant shoot at anything for safety...…long story short me and my dog chase this coyote 300+ yards thru stuff we shouldn't have and had to leave it due to vision and density of the brush......it bothered me all night so today we went to look for it.....walked my dog in this thick stuff right where I brought her out last night and in 20 seconds shes got the coyote found and I finally see it only 20 feet away & still barely could find it in the daylight in this thick stuff and then I finished it with the Benelli...…when I first got to it I didn't think it was the one I shot but then see the hole in and it was perfect right behind its shoulder BUT about two inches low IMO with a pencil hole in quarter out the other side BUT still must have missed vitals and I couldn't believe it was still alive let alone able to get on its feet and still where we left it last night....absolutely WILD to say the least..we definately get an E+ for EFFORT on this one...….BANG BANG!!!! thumbup1

IMG_0390 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

IMG_0391 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 02/05/19 11:19 AM

called a few coyotes last few weeks only got a shot at three of which two were free hand misses...….also walked up on a few and only shot at one which was one of those free hand misses.....last Friday I called a GIANT bobcat during the day it was pretty awesome thumbup ......shot the coyote in the pic below Saturday night less then one minute in at 120 yards DRT...…..called another coyote Sunday night that came in and left twice within 5 minutes......sent my dog out she brought him back in 5 minutes......then while im trying to get her behind the gun to shoot shes less then 1 foot from where I want her I get impatient & jerk the back of her vest & right into the shooting sticks so the gun lowers to the ground thumbdown ......I take my hand off the dog & I grab my gun im still holding to my shoulder still on the sticks just pointed at the ground now & i stand & let a free hand go and miss at 100+.....my dog goes out again & runs the field & I should have stayed put BUT I walked out as well......after I see no blood & another 5 minutes the coyote starts up yipping & barking & is again trailing my dog back towards me because he keeps getting louder & louder as I squeak her back from the other end of the field.....only now im out standing where the coyote just was when I just tried to shoot him...….I walk back to my seat set down and my dog comes back & the coyote goes ballistic for about two more minutes inside the brush but wouldn't come out again into the field and im sure smelt me as well by then....also seen this fox standing at the main DNR station right across from the main entry to the army training area tt2 ...…...GREAT few weeks & especially the last few days out for sure...….BANG BANG!!!!!! thumbup1

IMG_0476 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

IMG_0429 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 02/15/19 11:59 AM

last several days its been coons coons and more coons with some opposums...…..she has either treed or trailed and caught in a corn field 13 coons in 5 outings...…..even had an additional 3 pack come out into a field about 200+ out I thought were coyotes at first BUT were 3 more coons on a set she didn't even see.....the first is a vid of a confrontation Super Girl had with 1 of 2 coons she caught out in daylight hours...….last night she runs into the bushes and im standing there light out waiting...next thing I know I see my dog running at me and she gets closer its a BIG coon that if I would not have said HEY would have ran over my feet...….he scurys off and I then hear my dog fighting with another coon she then trees...….coon season is over I wouldn't have shot them anyway…..doesn't even count the opposums……..we got two coyotes to answer howls about 400 yards out in two spots........one came to within 30 yards barked then howled at us & my dog barked and went to the edge of the brush but she didnt go in for whatever reason & he wouldn't come out of the brush in view...I wished at that point I would have used the ecaller I had set away from us BUT I had used my hand call to howl and he came right to us......BANG BANG!!!! thumbup1

this first one is a vid after I called my dog off this coon she caught on the ground...u can hear my dogs jaws slam shut as she lunges for him at the tree....TRUCE OVER tt2
IMG_0511 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

IMG_0482 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

IMG_0497 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

IMG_0504 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 08/01/19 05:13 PM

hope everyone has had a good summer thus far as its been a HOT one......either way were down to 75 days till lead slingin time...……..YEAH BABY thumbup ...…..my girl has caught one squirrel on her own and treed two ground hogs we took & treed a few coons at night by the lake.....one of the ground hogs jumped from the tree onto her back according to my neighbor who witnessed the situation unfold as I didn't see it happen.... it landed on her back & bit my babies head pretty bad and she was PI#*$*W% OFF and we got him handled after she bayed him up on the ground...the bite and scar are NOT gonna slow down Super Girls modeling career one bit tt1 ......BINGO DINGO!!!!! thumbup1

IMG_0579 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

DSC01882 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

DSC01993 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

DSC01996 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

DSC01886 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 08/01/19 05:24 PM

DIRT KNAP CAMO tt2 ...….Lead Poisoning Edition thumbup .....BANG BANG!!!!!! thumbup1

DSC02257 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 08/03/19 09:35 AM

I would like to THANK Leupold for the GREAT customer service they provided on my VX6 Fire Dot thumbup ..sent them a letter about my gun hitting the ground hard once last season and how it was my fault & losing my scope sock on another hunt I was using it due to drizzle at night as well as losing my rubber eye relief cover at some point and they took care of it all & then some even though the scope still worked just fine when i sent it in...all i wanted was a review after i knew it had been down hard just to help prevent any potential problems from arising this season..first they fixed the scope by replacing a lost eye relief rubber, as well as replacing the internal circuit board for the Fire Dot & the battery cap in addition to that as it lights the Fire Dot up......then when I got it back they sent a new scope sock and a set of Leupold aluminum screw in scope caps/lense covers all FREE of charge......cant ask for anything much more then that IMO......BINESS!! thumbup1

DSC01859 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 08/03/19 11:53 AM

I have also watched the baiting thread guys have great success for the last several years and decided I can watch only no longer thumbup ....so this season im gettin in the GAME myself...…….started a clean up and intend to make a dirt enbankment backing to shoot into.....still have to get an alerting system but the clean up im doing will keep them inside the woods and feel a bit more at ease when on my bait.....we shall see...….i came to the conclusion with the fact I caught (14) coyotes across the lake in the first 45 days of a 150 day season last year with just a few sets and had to quit when my boat motor water pump went down and I called it a season on the trapping......well this tells me there just may be a few more for this season to trap and bait in right out back tt2 ...couple views from my bathroom window down then from the bait site back...BINGO DINGO!! thumbup1

p.s. my hunting buddy doesn't do much during the clean up get ready crap just supervise BUT when it is her turn its GAME OVER!! thumbup

DSC02274 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

DSC02280 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

DSC02278 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 08/03/19 01:13 PM

Looks like a plan. Is last picture from planned location looking toward back door of your garage? Hope all this activity is not disturbing your pup. lol

Regards,
hm

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 08/03/19 04:04 PM

Originally Posted By: hm1996
Looks like a plan. Is last picture from planned location looking toward back door of your garage? Hope all this activity is not disturbing your pup. lol

Regards,
hm

YES & I will be set up back garage door open with my hunting chair and sticks just inside the door ready to go at night while im up and the nights im home & not out hunting......BUT when I get awoken in the middle of the night im walkin 7 feet into my bathroom putting in ear protection and lightin them up from there as well thumbup ....BANG BANG!!!!!! thumbup1

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 08/03/19 07:43 PM

not a bad start for two hours work.....dug a 1 ft deep hole then ran my dirt hole trappin bit a foot sideways in the hole and downward....I have all the right attractants for the job in my trappin scent crate...…...I do intend to build the backing to the right about 2/3 feet more over the barrels & just a skosh higher up in the back....YEAH BABY!!!!!!!! thumbup1

DSC02309 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

DSC02318 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 08/03/19 08:40 PM

todays catch for the KILLA thumbup .....I as well used my broom to smooth the dirt around my mini pit to check for tracks tomorrow as I baited the hole up tonight and will leave an easy find for now of some rotten beaver meat right in the pit portion wub ..coon could easily take it as well but we may catch them on trail cam if the units I have still work properly scared ..I also had a GIANT fire today about 15 feet from the bait pit so it could easily take a few days just the same so we shall see..BET!!! thumbup1

p.s. GET YOUR STINKY ON!!!!!!!!!! thumbup

DSC02314 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

DSC02322 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 08/04/19 01:47 PM

time to get some of my metal cookin for clean up thumbup …...BINGO DINGO!!! thumbup1

DSC02323 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

DSC02324 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

DSC02326 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 08/05/19 11:39 AM

not bad after just 24 hours in the DIPPIN SAUCE thumbup ...…..BINGO DINGO!!!!! thumbup1

DSC02347 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

DSC02348 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

DSC02349 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 08/06/19 06:46 PM

cleaner dippin sauce #1 which is the distilled white vinegar with 2 parts water got them like new again...now for the protector dippin sauce #2 which looks like milk flows like water & dries clear..I didn't even dry them which left a bit of rust residue which doesn't hurt as they get coated a few times and wont get any more then they have now until a catch is made & this stuff works great for a season..this time I didn't even boil & dye them either as im running them just like this because 1 they have the protectant on them & 2 under dirt they all look the same tt2..BINGO DINGO!!! thumbup1

DSC02370 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

DSC02375 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

DSC02376 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 08/09/19 10:55 AM

took 5 of my CATCH CLAW drags I make off some 1.5's I no longer use and put them on my last modded #2 that didn't have one and 4 of my modded 1.75's which obviously makes them easier & faster to set up thumbup ..….also the Limited Lead Poisoning Edition DIRT KNAP camo is airing out nicely and being guarded by the QUEEN herself kmowing its worth & all tt2 .....BINGO DINGO!!!!! thumbup1

DSC02404 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

DSC02355 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 08/10/19 10:03 AM

Super Girl watched this sucker ALL day yesterday until dark tt2 ...today it got to far from the hole and it got caught slippin…...when I walked out back she stood up staring at the area where it is everyday so I sent her and she caught it away from the hole as I couldnt see it for the sea wall but she had already seen it come out.....she bayed it up in the open on the beach...then right before I got to her it got half way back under a log and she grabbed it and had it back in the open again in a heartbeat twice and I hit it with the Sheridan the second time and then she lunged on it and it was over.....last pic is some of those teeth that were buried in the top of her head from the last one….BANG BANG! thumbup1

DSC02406 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

DSC02409 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

DSC02411 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 10/15/19 12:47 PM

Super Girl has a new PARTY dress for the season & we got in the trappin rig and got across the lake this morning & made 5 sets to get started trapping and were headed out to the woods to scout for some calling stands...……..2019/2020 GAME ON!!!!!!!! thumbup1

DSC02772 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

DSC02946 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

DSC02948 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 10/17/19 09:26 AM

nothin hunting so far as I only go to go last night due to rain Tuesday night and they let all the fields grow up to chest high weeds again this year so its lane hunting again after everyone travels them all day hunting so it wont be much fun there this year for coyotes......only caught two opossums yesterday in one corner of the lake on two sets in that area BUT today we still had 7 sets workin as I added another yesterday and we caught 5 coyotes within a 200 yard by 100 yard area..only gpot a pic of the first one after the chaos started.....BANG BANG!!!!!! thumbup1

DSC02967 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

DSC02971 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr
Posted by: old cat

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 10/17/19 10:00 AM

Look's like you caught the whole family. Good job.

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 10/17/19 04:33 PM

Originally Posted By: old cat
Look's like you caught the whole family. Good job.

Thx! thumbup...….first band of thieves and killers gone…...BET!! thumbup1

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 10/17/19 04:38 PM

1) urine post set
2) end of log bait/lure set
3) bait in the brush walk thru set
4) baited/lure log set
5) baited/lure & log set

these r the remakes and sets I caught the 5 at today...they were all on drags and the remakes were easy...…I made the scrape of leaves away from the brush set to amplify the walk thru and it worked!!!!!! thumbup1

DSC02950 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

DSC02953 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

DSC02957 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

DSC02974 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

DSC02979 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 10/17/19 07:50 PM

got some CHRSTMAS today tt1 ....got some urine & some heavy snare support wire....welded up some snare supports & dipped them in trap dip...i have never used snare supports i have always rigged some twigs up BUT not anymore.....also got an alert system for the backyard predators....TAKE NO PRISONERS.......BANG BANG!!!! thumbup1

p.s. my secret trap lure is wore out white T shirt dipped in rotten meat!! thumbup

p.s.s. she also treed this small coon right before dark tonight when we went to check the north end for set spots!! tt2

DSC02972 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

DSC02988 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

DSC02956 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

DSC02978 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

DSC02995 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 11/02/19 01:42 AM

my baby likes to bark it up as we cross the lake each morning....been callin last couple weeks and have not called one coyote yet and still havent...…..tonight on the last set though I walk out in a cut bean field that's between two pieces of the woods and as I set my call down my dog is further down the field and i can see eyes about 200 yards further away and against the brush line but I don't try to identify anything I just set the call down and start to walk back to my seat knowing unless my dog sees whatever it is she will follow me back and she does......before I can even turn the call on I hit my head lamp and the eyes r closer because I feel he seen my dog further out from me and followed her back when she followed me back.....so i light the gun light and put it on him as he heads towards us and out into the field further towards the call......im facing to the northeast and the wind is coming from south the coyote is northeast of the call and when he gets downwind of the call he B lines for it across the field as I know he smelt my rabbit pee as I had the light on the call decoy BUT nothing playing or moving as I never even had time to start it...….I howled at him to stop him and my dog sees him in the gun light now and bolts out and just as this happens the coyote freezes and I hit him right then......when I got out there he was 15 yards from my caller which as I said was light on with no sound playing...….all this happens in 180 seconds from taking off my back pack...…my baby got her new party dress broke in….BANG BANG!!!!! thumbup1

DSC02997 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

IMG_0013 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 11/03/19 09:54 AM

rise and shine theres coyotes to find.....caught several coons and opossums last couple weeks before we got this coyote today in a log bait set...my drags work great........BANG BANG!!!!!!! thumbup1

IMG_0017 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

IMG_0019 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 11/08/19 09:29 AM

caught this cat snatcher in the same log set I caught the coyote a couple days ago at and as well had this poodle poacher about 20 yards away in a scent post set this morning.....BANG BANG!!!! thumbup1

IMG_0053 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

IMG_0059 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

IMG_0062 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 11/14/19 09:26 AM

the public hunting area is getting hit so hard by daytime hunters im not sure were gonna call many coyotes.....after we signed in yesterday were driving to make a set and on the main hwy there are abandoned military buildings next to the road...I see a fox by the road and as we get closer he runs back to the building up the stairs and as we pass I see him go in a hole right at the front boarded up door.....hahahahaha...…..only thing we called in was a 4 point buck that got up to about 5 yards from the call sniffing the rabbit pee before he walked a bit closer then watched him sniff the skunk essence in the air & then he walked into the weeds......got home and my dog always barks and runs the yard before we call it a night as I unload the gear & guns.....I get it all in get my dog in get my heavy clothes off...…..then I want a white flash light I know is in my truck so 2 minutes after getting In I open the back garage door and there goes a fox across the back yard.....hahahahaha…..we snared this poodle poacher this morning! thumbup1

IMG_0083 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

IMG_0089 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 11/16/19 08:50 AM

no luck callin yet but its still great being out with my girl thumbup ...…...we did have another coyote in the same walk thru scent post set this morning.!! thumbup1

IMG_0097 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

IMG_0101 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

IMG_0104 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 11/17/19 09:47 AM

caught this poodle poacher today and it was extremely mean and aggressive...…..charged my dog and me as well...…...my baby got bit before it was over........we got it handled!!!! thumbup1

IMG_0124 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

IMG_0136 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

IMG_0135 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 11/23/19 10:46 AM

walked up on and seen two bobcats Wednesday before dark at about 20 yards on our way out to make a set they came out from a fence line across a 20 foot wide trail and into the woods as they darted off...….we as well called our first coyote later that night on another set & our gun light had run out of juice half way thru for the first time ever and the coyote never showed until I was picked up & was getting ready to walk back to the truck...….shined the headlamp one last time seen he was there at about 120 yards or so and tried to hit him with the headlamp enough to get a shot BUT I rushed it and missed....he ran about 20 more yards away stood there for a second as my dog went out but he wouldn't come back with her to be seen anymore......….great time out either way...….we had this poodle poacher this morning across the lake and that's number 11 coyote we caught thus far...this one at a small dirt hole set….about time as well to get our alert system set up so we can patrol the back yard at night...……..BANG BANG!!!!!!!!! thumbup1

IMG_0113 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

IMG_0150 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

IMG_0156 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 11/28/19 10:15 AM

walked up on two coyotes Monday night about 100/120 yards out in a knee high weed field and missed the free hand shot after I lip squeaked one of them right up to me and my dog to about 50 yards from 100+ BUT I had so much adrenaline I couldn't have shot the ground as I didn't really expect them to be coyotes and missed.....hahahahaha...….then we walked up to where it was and it came back out 80 yards down warning barking at us and I first dry fired at it not knowing I didn't have ammo loaded and then the adrenaline was maxxed out and I missed again......called another at the next set but I set the call just inside the brush and expected the coyote to walk into the lane but he crept up to the call just inside the brush and when I seen his eyes with the light he didn't like it and bolted…...ran about 200 yards into the brush where he couldn't be seen and warning barked us...got to go to some private land a buddy has Tuesday but only seen a few deer there but was great day out.....we did latch on to these two poodle poachers this morning across the lake and that's #12 & #13.....the pay to play pheasants hunters are done this Sunday and then its our turn next week at some pheasants..….BANG BANG!! thumbup1

IMG_0167 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

IMG_0176 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

IMG_0181 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

IMG_0182 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

IMG_0185 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 12/03/19 06:48 AM

seen another fox right by the check in station chewing on a pheasant a few nights ago...……...then yesterday Super Girl had her best day pheasant hunting ever so far with 15 birds in the air in 4.5 hours...…...8 hens & 7 roosters...….i only shoot at roosters the first week...…..missed the first two as well...…...got the third rooster then couldn't shoot at the fourth...then got the fifth rooster and the last two we watched fly off as we had our limit...…..had a GREAT DAY OUT with my best bud...…gonna go do a trap check then leave to go hunt more pheasants and today will hopefully be another great day.....BANG BANG!!! thumbup1

IMG_0194 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

IMG_0244 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 12/03/19 11:07 PM

were only two days into two weeks of pheasant hunting and ive already broke my own rules and Super Girl has almost destroyed a new vest tt2 ...…we got into the first field today at 1 and she hunted her butt off for 3 hours and she only got one runner up about 35 yards out and going away & I missed two shots at it......got to the next field and 10 minutes out of the truck and shes got the second rooster in the air and I take it with a one shot wonder…….she hunts the field for another 45 minutes and im thinking we might only get one and she then goes HOT and she hunts this bird for 7+ minutes so I decide regardless im gonna take a shot after her effort and it was the hen we got...….so after we had our 2 we start back to the truck and it was 500 yards straight back BUT she leads us on an 800 yard trip back where she puts another rooster in the air that for whatever reason lights back on the ground close and she goes and puts him up again before I whistle her back and then minutes later she puts the last hen in the air for a total of 5 birds today...….one thing my dog is also having to do is hunt after all the morning people and dogs that have already been there today as were not signing in until 12 noon or later and we were number 50 something yesterday and number 43 today...….makes me even more proud of her...……..PERIOD!!!! thumbup1

IMG_0266 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

IMG_0268 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

TWO VIDEOS OF LAST BIRDS

IMG_0260 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

IMG_0262 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 12/05/19 06:26 AM

yesterday on the way down I decided to shoot whatever due to the 17-20 mph winds and wasn't sure how good the hunting would be........got in the first field at 1030 and shot the hen at 1045 and when she went to recover it she flushed another hen......the second field we walked about 20 minutes before she flushed the rooster and we took him…….so since it was only 12 noon we just walked around and found callin spots the rest of the day and made a few shot gun stands...…..last field i walk her out around the edge to keep her off birds and when were done callin i walk her back thru the field......well the trip back to the truck she puts 5 more birds in the air in 20 minutes..... when I was standing next to her she locked up on the two and waited for me to release her verbally which she never does usually cause shes out in super brush and cant see me...….I think she locked on these cause I was right there and she wanted my approval to go…I don't hunt like that unless I wanna film her I want my dog 20 yards out and I want a surprise when the bird leaves the ground......another great day out for sure with 6 hens and 2 roosters 8 total in the air in very high winds...….time to go check our traps which most sets aren't working from coon or opossum catches and the two coyotes we caught as the weather was bad and they havent been remade yet...…..gonna have to do some remakes the next couple days and get those working again.........after our check were meeting my dad for a day of pheasants...…….BANG BANG!! thumbup1

IMG_0270 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

IMG_0272 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

IMG_0304 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

TWO VIDS OF FLUSHES

IMG_0316 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

IMG_0344 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 12/05/19 08:03 AM

set a snare a week ago on a path I kept watching my dog use as we came down this hill everyday when we checked........today we had this big coy dog half breed coyote...…..I have caught one wild dog with red hair and seen another with red hair one with two white hair puppies two seasons ago...…..you can tell this ones parents were a mix for sure..time to go chase pheasants..BANG BANG!!!! thumbup1

IMG_0352 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 12/05/19 07:41 PM

Super Girl came out the gate swingin today...…..she had the first rooster in the air within 15 minutes and my dad missed.....the next field she put a rooster up but he couldn't shoot then a hen he couldn't shoot as they both were on my side going away and i was waiting so he could shoot...we then see a big 10+ point buck get up out of the grass in front of us about 100 yards up run and I mean BIG....then the next field she puts a double hen flush up for him 10 minutes out and he missed the first easy bird and got the tough shot on the second hen at 30+..... after a loop in that field she puts another hen up for him he missed just before we left that one tt2 .......the last field we walk out and 3 minutes in she puts a rooster in the air I take........we walk for another 45 minutes or so then she flushes the last hen and my dad misses and I take it with a 35+ one shot wonder.....we got the photo shoots in as well and it was another great day out with my baby putting 8 birds up 5 hens and 3 roosters....BANG BANG!!! thumbup1

IMG_0361 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

IMG_0386 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

IMG_0389 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

IMG_0396 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

VID tt2

IMG_0383 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 12/05/19 07:53 PM

Thanks for sharing your Hunting and Trapp'en and calling-Real nice Pic's and stories really Enjoyed Reading and seeing your hunt------Pretty little Girl to Boot

svb

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 12/05/19 08:50 PM

thx friend thumbup ...….im 51 and my dads 71 so hopefully we will be telling these stories for a few more years tt2 ...….BET!!!!!! thumbup1

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 12/07/19 07:19 AM

yesterday we took our time and got in the field about 1230...…..two minutes out of the truck and I cant hear my dog in the weeds as the wind was in our face at 13+ mph and she got to far out & flushes a hen at 40 yards so I had to real her in and start over...…...took another few minutes and she had another hen in the air I missed going away fast at 25+...…..we start to make our loop and shortly after the last flush she puts up a rooster I take at 20 yards.........we walk about two minutes after that and up comes another hen I let go 5 yards right over my head thinking ill wait to see another rooster......well shortly after that she puts yet another hen up at 30+ I miss going away fast with the wind again......I feel the hens are as well faster then the roosters IMO...…….either way we start to get angled towards the truck and I have one shell left out of 6...…...we get another 10 minutes in and up comes a hen I take with the last shell...…..we walk over and recover it and get all set to walk out and before we get 30 feet she busts another hen out we watched fly...…...walked in at 1230 with 6 shells no birds walked out at 2 with no shells and our 2 birds...…...decided we would go check some creek bank area I been wanting to walk...…...we get about 30 minutes in set down to call with the wind in our face and the river at our back 5/10 yards away...…….while calling my dog smells something upwind of us and walks over towards the river and sets down to sniff the air better seen in pic below...…...we don't see anything but when we go to leave we get about 30 yards and two does jump into the river and wade across where u can see the ripple in the water in the pic shes setting in and that's what she had winded...…….ILO of walking her the long way back to the truck around the field I take her back straight out into the field and before we can actually get into the field she goes hot on a bird works it for almost 4 minutes in the field then back to the edge and then flushes the last rooster of the day right at the edge and he flys in where we just came out...….she ended up putting 8 birds up again with 6 hens and 2 roosters...…...we also caught these two military planes that kept making circles...…..another great day out for sure...…...BANG BANG!!!! thumbup1

IMG_0410 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

IMG_0412 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

IMG_0413 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

IMG_0417 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

Couple VIDS

IMG_0442 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

IMG_0443 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 12/08/19 08:57 AM

the hunting is getting tougher obviously but my baby is making it happen...…..yesterday we got into the field about 1230 and she hunted for 45 minutes for the first 25 yard straight away hen and I made it happen this time on a fast one......we made it to the next field and it was only 5 minutes out she puts up a hen we let go for a rooster only to not see another bird in that field......got to the next field and it was a solid 30 minutes before she chased a rooster 150 yards to only have him run and bust out straight away at 45+ with no shot...…….we walk a bit further in as I know people haven't been in this part other then opening week as its chest high brush with no walk lanes.....she busts out another straight away hen at 25+ I missed...…...then as I call her back she puts up another to far out that I watched fly...…..we get another 10 minutes or so down the field and she busts out the last bird of the day and its the rooster we wanted...….I take him and we had our two for the day...she ended up putting up 4 hens and two roosters…….she also found a deer shed as well...…. her NEW coat lasted 5 days & is DESTROYED as it could not even be worn yesterday so you know she gets in the brush to make it happen...…..great day out.......BET!!!! thumbup1

P.S. I may have to rename my baby......KICKIN WING tt2 .....cause shes kicking everything with wings on its A#%!!!!!!!!!! thumbup

IMG_0449 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

IMG_0564 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

IMG_0573 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 12/08/19 08:51 PM

hit the field at 1230 again today...…I also put her bell on her because without her vest rubbing the brush yesterday it was like THE GHOST IN THE DARKNESS movie Val Kilmer/Michael Douglas trying to find her in the weeds tt2 ...took 45 minutes for the first bird to get lifted and I tried to get the lift off on vid before I made the shot & you barely see the bird leave the ground at 9 seconds if u stop it before I drop the phone raise my gun shoot and take it but not that great as I didn't wait long enough vid below...…..may need a gun cam next season BUT I like to vid my dog so we shall see.....took another 45 minutes for the second hen and i couldn't shoot...…..hit the next field and she went hot quite a way then I had to slow her down a bit and as soon as I released her again three turkeys lift as they hear her coming vid below...…….the next field she took 30 minutes to get the next hen up and I missed it......then the last bird which was another hen came up right before it was over and I tried to vid it and missed it as well....so it was a total 4 hens in the air for today.....either way after 7 straight days 32 hours in the field 54 birds in the air....35 hens and 19 roosters we took 14 of the 16 we were allowed with my dad going a day 6 of which were hens & 8 roosters……….absolute stellar week of chasing pheasants...…. especially with the moon up all last week and this coming week this way we didn't miss to much night callin or this week if we do some more pheasant hunting……...tomorrow is a rain rest day and Super Girl aka KICKIN WING needs it tt2 ...….PERIOD!!!! thumbup1

IMG_0653 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

VIDS

IMG_0650 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

IMG_0707 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 12/10/19 11:58 AM

well i decided I needed a stand up sit down gun rest combo...... so I ordered a new carbon fiber Rekon CT-1 tripod w/BH1 ball head & the Rekon RTA1 Arca-Swiss mount system....u need a gun mounted picatinny rail which I had to order and now the tripod is due before the pic rail I need to mount to the gun to use the RTA1 Arca-Swiss gun hold system......so I decided to make a REDNECK gun cradle to rest only not hold my gun as I have no intention of it securing the gun....I just wanna use the tripod until I get the pic rail & custom inner gun stock brace im making for the pic rail mount to use the Arca system...….so I took some scrap aluminum I had from a custom intake mani I had made and it will work great with some tubing insulation glued inside..it only took 20 minutes to make a piece of junk aluminum and the insulation work.…then the only thing I needed was a 1/4 20 threaded hole which I added and will allow the cradle to be secured to the tripod Arca-Swiss quick release base plate...now I can at least use the tripod with my REDNECK cradle until the pic rail shows up and I mod my gun stock to accept my bracing with the pic rail and use the Arca-Swiss system....YEAH BABY!!!!!! thumbup1

IMG_0804 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

IMG_0805 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

IMG_0803 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 12/11/19 07:13 AM

got lucky and found the rail I knew I had when I intended to put a one piece rail on my gun then chose not to after the fact....either way got the ordered unit cancelled and hacked this one up 10 minutes ago and its gonna work like a dream thumbup ....now I need longer grade 8 bolts and nuts....then after I manipulate this piece of aluminum scrap into an inner stock support plate and mod the inner stock to accept it I can thru bolt it & im in BINESS...gotta head over for a trap check then ill wrap this up later today…..BANG BANG!!! thumbup1

IMG_0812 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

IMG_0813 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 12/11/19 11:39 AM

found the absolute best balance point with my gun light mounted first.......then after drilling the stock I found it thick enough not to require an inner brace......so I removed just a bit of the inner vertical bracing in the stock to allow the washers to lay flat and used grade 8 bolts with some lock nuts.....done deal thumbup1

IMG_0824 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

IMG_0833 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

IMG_0834 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

Re: INDIANA CALLIN - 12/12/19 08:11 PM

my baby had three days in the house and went out & worked hard today...…the first field was a bust as some other people came in behind us so we walked my dog around and out and we moved....then we hunted 45 minutes in the second field & the first birds off the ground were in a cluster and 3 hens busted out within 60 seconds in a 20 yard area......my dad hesitated on the first bird and the second was to close to me for him to shoot and I was waiting for him.....when the third bird came up in front of me I dropped my phone lifted my gun and made sure the safety works and it does as I watched the bird fly away.....not 15 minutes later the rooster in the vid below comes off the ground and I drop my phone & empty my gun and not one feather was removed...you can as well hear a pack of rabbit dogs on the other side of the road barking it up......after we got back to the truck my dad was hit and left for the house as we had a long walk 4.5 hours chasin KICKIN WING to get those 4 in the air….....so after he left me and my baby hit another field and it was a complete bust even though she went hot.....hit another field and 5 minutes out she put this hen in the air and I got it with a one shot wonder at 15 yards and it was a fold up feather flyer......the only thing we seen after that was the opossum in the vid and a small skunk that I got her away from before it went bad.....she ended up putting up 5 birds for the day.... 4 hens and 1 rooster...…..great day out for sure thumbup1

IMG_0962 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

IMG_0920 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr

IMG_0943 by Stephen Reid, on Flickr