Western North Carolina Coyotes

Called this one in Dec 6, around 10:15 am. during the fog and drizzle near Swannanoa.

014-1.jpg

Some of my trail cam pic's.
034.jpg

039.jpg

Missed another coyote from a treestand Christmas Eve with the shotgun (long story).

Last edited:
THERMOLOC-When I first place a camera, or move it, I'll put alittle coyote urine on the tree to help them find it and use the cheapest bagged dog food.

Last edited:
I have relatives in n.c. Every time I go to visit, it haunts me that I never get to hunt there. I am really interested in the hogs. How is the hog hunting in the western side? I would love to kill a Russian boar someday.

Originally Posted By: greenmountainboyI have relatives in n.c. Every time I go to visit, it haunts me that I never get to hunt there. I am really interested in the hogs. How is the hog hunting in the western side? I would love to kill a Russian boar someday.

Maybe a few boars left out in the far western counties. Other than that, you pretty much have to hit the eastern counties. This year the NC Wildlife Comm. dropped the offical wording "wild boar", and the old boar season, and now any hogs statewide are considered "feral pigs". You can shoot 'em year round, and since the first of this year, you can shoot 'em at night.

see coyotes all the time goin up i-40 to mcdowell , mitchell and avery county but most are dead on side of the road . i know there are some up at my father in laws place he hears them and sees them just about everyday .so soon as i can get back up there will take my shotgun and lay some fur down .

Originally Posted By: blackhawk309THERMOLOC-When I first place a camera, or move it, I'll put alittle coyote urine on the tree to help them find it and use the cheapest bagged dog food.

Dog Food! I would have never thought that, always heard put a camera over gut piles or road kill to bring in yotes and other varmints. I'll have to try it.

BlackHawk,

On your camera set, once you sprinkle the pee, and spread the dogfood, how often are you checking it? Curious about human scent etc.

Originally Posted By: AldogSCBlackHawk,

On your camera set, once you sprinkle the pee, and spread the dogfood, how often are you checking it? Curious about human scent etc.
I just put the pee once to start with or if I move cam to new place. Usually I'll re bait and change memory cards at least twice a week, like Wed and Sun evenings. I have done it more often. Scent doesn't seem to a concern, but most of the time I'm wearing rubber boots.

All you NC guys need to go online to the WRC website. They have came up with their final proposal for allowing coyote hunting at night. The WRC is now accepting online comments and will hold special public hearings late March in 5 NC towns. If all goes well, their goal is to have the law in effect by this Aug.

Back