.410 slug guns & Slugs

canislatrans54

Does anyone make a .410 shotgun with a fully rifled slug barrel?
confused.gif

And which manufacturers make .410 slug ammo for hunting?
confused.gif

Thanks

Last edited:
Kinda sorta. Not from any of the big manufacturers. I dont see much market for them. Although .410 and slugs has been greatly increasing in success rate because of modern advancements.

1. Hoening Big Bore
2. Saiga with paradox choke ( nearly impossible to get in the US, but you could have the choke made in the US and the gun would cost probably in the range of $450-500 and then the cost of the custom choke.)
3. complete custom
4. take a 410 with a choke system and a .41 cal pistol barrel and have a smith thread it to fit the choke threads.

My .410 slug gun is a Saiga with cylinder choke. It throws Paraklese Technologies slugs in a 1.5" groups at 50 yards.

Originally Posted By: ameliafoxkillerJust wondering why a 410 when they have really good choices in the 20 gauge

Just barn-storming an idea.
grin.gif

I'm thinking of a small close-range "varmint" weapon.
I just spent a couple days laying around in a hospital bed, & my curiousity got the better of me.
wink.gif

I used to use a single shot .410 with 00buckshot (3 pellets) or slugs when I was younger. Both worked for very close range work, but they just don't compare to 12 or 20ga's.

If a guy has a .410, sure, why not. Would I buy a .410 just for this purpose? Nah...

Yes there are sabot 410 slugs. It is the russian made Silver Bear or Golden bear brand. Most. 410 slug shooters go for a full bore. European cartridge unlimited is supposed to have some really heavy slugs for the 410brand some time in the beginning of next year. If my memory serves me correctly, they were in the range of 190 grains.

You could buy a Bolt action 410 and have gunsmith make you a barrel. I would not be to hard and you could shoot sabots. Might be a fun project.

Originally Posted By: ameliafoxkillerJust wondering why a 410 when they have really good choices in the 20 gauge

Same reason somebody would buy a 30-30 instead of a 30-06 or a .223 instead of a 22-250....if it wasn't for folks wanting different things just because we'd only have the 30-06 and 12 ga for everything.

Rossi Circuit Judge. 5 shot cylinder, 3" chamber .410 shotgun, also accepts .45LC, 18.5" fully rifled barrel.

Been very tempted to pick one up, just can't justify owning a Rossi (and that buttstock is hideous).

Just have to be careful not to gas-blast your own arm across the BC gap. I had a revolver carbine for a while that bit me on more than one occasion.

Originally Posted By: VarminterrorRossi Circuit Judge. 5 shot cylinder, 3" chamber .410 shotgun, also accepts .45LC, 18.5" fully rifled barrel.

Been very tempted to pick one up, just can't justify owning a Rossi (and that buttstock is hideous).

Just have to be careful not to gas-blast your own arm across the BC gap. I had a revolver carbine for a while that bit me on more than one occasion.

I've played with them. They seem rather cool!

Originally Posted By: VarminterrorRossi Circuit Judge. 5 shot cylinder, 3" chamber .410 shotgun, also accepts .45LC, 18.5" fully rifled barrel.

They thought of this. They attached a "guard" on both sides of the cylinder that directs gases away from the shooters arm and hands.

Chupa

Originally Posted By: ChupathingyOriginally Posted By: VarminterrorRossi Circuit Judge. 5 shot cylinder, 3" chamber .410 shotgun, also accepts .45LC, 18.5" fully rifled barrel.

They thought of this. They attached a "guard" on both sides of the cylinder that directs gases away from the shooters arm and hands.

Chupa

How would you know? Work at a gun counter or something?

Have you heard anything on these Rossi, Chupa?

Originally Posted By: pahntr760Originally Posted By: ChupathingyOriginally Posted By: VarminterrorRossi Circuit Judge. 5 shot cylinder, 3" chamber .410 shotgun, also accepts .45LC, 18.5" fully rifled barrel.

Chupa

I haven't shot one, but we sell a metric shyte ton of them. I think they are a neat concept, but they feel really light like a toy to me. I've often thought that it might make a good pig gun for tracking them in the thick stuff with a hard cast lead in .45LC, but I keep coming back to the thought that a 336W in .30-30 would be just as effective without the embarrassment of having Rossi written on the side.

All that being said, everybody that buys them comes back and says they love them. They also make a "Tactical" model(laughing) that is shorter overall and a shorter length of pull and a thumb hole stock.

Chupa

dixiedog1 i understand everybody has ideas and wants i was just curious why a 410 didnt know if he had a special need for it or was just curious.

now the rossi judge that i bought my dad i really didnt get impressed with the accuracy of it. It was fun to shoot and maybe i was expecting more from it being that it does have a longer barrel than a pistol. We had a three inch group at 50 yards.

Originally Posted By: ChupathingyOriginally Posted By: pahntr760Originally Posted By: ChupathingyOriginally Posted By: VarminterrorRossi Circuit Judge. 5 shot cylinder, 3" chamber .410 shotgun, also accepts .45LC, 18.5" fully rifled barrel.

Chupa

I haven't shot one, but we sell a metric shyte ton of them. I think they are a neat concept, but they feel really light like a toy to me. I've often thought that it might make a good pig gun for tracking them in the thick stuff with a hard cast lead in .45LC, but I keep coming back to the thought that a 336W in .30-30 would be just as effective without the embarrassment of having Rossi written on the side.

All that being said, everybody that buys them comes back and says they love them. They also make a "Tactical" model(laughing) that is shorter overall and a shorter length of pull and a thumb hole stock.

Chupa

I was thinking it would be a great back door gun. For late night, unwanted visitors, of 2 and 4 legged varieties.

Tacticool revolver frames and tacticool, zombie killer levers...smh.

Back