Truck Suspension recomendations

Plant.One

i have a 2008 silverado 1500 crew cab. 4x4, z71.

ive had a set of CST coilovers on it since dec 2020 - but one of the coil springs decided it didnt like its job anymore and i found several peices of it in the driveway the other day.

full

contated the manufacturer, after seeing the photos - they denided any warranty coverage because, well.. rust.

20240223_164916.jpg

needless to say i';m on the lookout for a new set of coilovers.

do any of ya'll run the fox 2.0's on your trucks.?

61PKXEPJgnL._AC_SX679_PIbundle-2,TopRight,0,0_SH20_.jpg

i found a pretty good deal on a set, right about $900 and id like some input if ya'll have any.

and yes, i'm trying to maintain my +2 ride height "leveling lift"

thanks!

If performance is more important than money, check with King.

On a couple of my trucks, I just went with these for a leveling kit:

a0OVauH.jpg
When I had my factory suspension in play I did have a Zone off-road leveling kit. But I took my factory suspension off just under three and a half years ago to put my coilovers on for a better ride

If performance is more important than money, check with King.
You have money wasn't a problem I'd probably just put a new pair of CTS on but unfortunately I'm at a spot where I can't afford to throw two grand at this problem right now so I'm looking for about $1,000 solution, which is why I was looking for some real world feedback from folks who actually do a little more than drive on pavement with their trucks :)

If I could afford them, I would have Kings. No mall crawler here.
I do have fox shocks on my sxs but thats not comparing apples to apples.
Fox shocks have been around for years and have a descent reputation.
Sorry but no first had experience with that particular set up.

Last edited:
I have a set of Fox 2.0s on my 99' Tacoma with 35s that gets DD and wheeled pretty dang hard on the weekends, and I've had exactly zero issues with them for 10 years now. I think it's safe to say FOX makes pretty good shit and you'll be just fine with them. That was a fun day.
20170507_114431_HDR.jpg

20180407_170200_HDR.jpg

Back