Thank goodness for my suppressed .300 BO

We have been having more and more coyote sightings in my rural neighborhood. Multiple cats have disappeared over the last few months as well. With a large greenbelt behind me, every evening, I hear multiple coyotes howling as the sun sets. I have also been noticing more scat around my tank as well. One windy eve I decided to take an elevated vantage point that let me see along a fence row. Just as the sun started dropping below the horizon and the wind dropped off, a big male stuck his head out between small cedars. I didn't wait. I centered the illuminated crosshairs of my Riton 1 Primal 4-16X44 scope and sent a Gemtech 187 gr polymer-tipped bullet through my AAC 7.62 suppressor at around 950 ft per second. The big dog flopped right over on his side, not moving at all. The next morning, I picked him up, and he was one of the healthiest-looking coyotes I have ever taken, minus the big hole in his chest that went out his left flank. Now I'm tempted to put a thermal on one of my BO's and do a repeat. The Ruger American is a very nice entry-level rifle, and having one in .300 BO that is suppressed and dialed in for sub-sonic suppressed ammo is a treat. Over the years I have taken 2 skunks out in broad daylight that were probably rabid as well as 3 armadillos which will tear up flower beds and dig down around your foundation.

Attachments

• DSCN1435 3.JPG
    DSCN1435 3.JPG
    130.1 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:
Back