-SOLD- Spalted pecan "Tweety's Revenge"

JTPinTX

Custom Call Maker
Here lately I have been playing around with an old school idea that is new to me. The idea is twin reed inserts in a closed reed body to make a bird call, similar to the way a coon squaller is made. Of course I put my own little twist on this one that I think is different from what I have heard described and talked about before, and I really like the way it turned out.

This call up for sale is a very small bodied bird call, "Tweety's Revenge." The body is turned out of a piece of natural colored, spalted, stabilized pecan. The profile has dual bands on the mouthpiece end to distinguish it from my normal rabbit distress closed reed calls. Bird calls you can go with either a soft high pitch finesse type sound, or a more loud and raspy, longer range sound profile. This call is for sure on that loud and raspy end of the spectrum. It makes a lot of sound for a small bodied little call. Basically it is a more rough, aggressive type sound with the volume to punch out a ways. It would be really good out in a open country, especially if you are fighting some wind.

$35 will put this to your door inside the US. Canada I would have to adjust for shipping.

A80FE875-307C-4516-8441-A4CC1B4698DB.jpeg

That sounds and looks great! I usually don't hunt with closed reed calls because they tend to freeze up on me in the ND cold, but I'll be thinking about this.

Ha, too late I guess.

Back