Same stand

dirtytough

Friday night I head out and meet up with another guy. He hasn’t been out yet this year. We make a quick plan and setup. Less than a minute of calling and we have one come in. He’s first shooter.

I swap sounds and hear a crackle. After the howl I swap to some hanky panky and mid sound the call shuts off. Coyotes are lighting up about 1000 yards out. The call is toast, his isn’t charged, and I left my hand calls at home so that ended it.

6 nights later I have a new call, his is charged, schedules line up, and we decide to start on the same stand. I start with a howl and see a coyote kinda heading parallel around 800 yards out in a weed patch. I can only see it intermittently cause the weeds are hiding it. It finally hits the edge of the weeds and is dinking around. I’m rolling through sounds and I see another coyote show up. Now they are both dinking off. In a last ditch effort I throw a rabbit at them and here they come.

I tell my partner he has the left coyote and I have the right since that’s how we are sitting. He tells me to shoot first.

Not sure what was taking him so long and I didn’t want it to get away so I took a shot at the second coyote also.

Back