One more

fratri

HOMAnimated (1).gif

Feeling the need to get out of the house and put the chores I have been doing these last few days behind me, I decided to get out and join natures gym :)
Went to the first farm a little after day break and no takers. As I get to the next farm I notice some deer in the field. As I checking them out from my truck I notice 2 coyotes about 400 yds out in the same field. I wait until the coyotes get out of site and make a little plan of attack. :)
I wait about 10 minutes before I get out of the truck and start making my way to the last location I seen the coyotes taking the route that allowed me the most cover. As I crest the last hill, I see a few deer and a lone coyote in the cut corn mousing... I sneak in, pull out my shooting sticks and hand calls.... I setup and start calling, he only comes a few yards closer but stands his ground, I try a few different sounds but he isn't coming, He took a few steps back turning giving me a broadside shot so I took it. Roughly 200 yds, dropped him in his tracks... :)
On a side note, those 6-7 deer were no more than 40-50 yds from that coyote, paying him no attention at all.
53620520931_f94f8881ea_c.jpg

53621002605_1fb1edb227_z.jpg

53620970330_a37074dfb9_z.jpg

53619646947_a95350037b_z.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Great hunt. Iā€™ve got pics of a deer and coyote eating on the same peanut pile set out for hogs. They donā€™t pay them any attention until they drop fawns.

Back