NUC NUC NUC NUC NUC NUC

bluedog69

Buddy of mine has a new XG50. He said it was NUCing almost non stop the other night.
He has only had it about a week. It finally settled down some.

Just wondering if anyone has any tips? Turn stuff off? What settings etc?

Is he taking it out directly from a warm place (heated truck) into the cold? The way that I understand it is that the greater the temperature difference between the unit and the environment the more often it will NUC until the two temperatures somewhat equalize. I leave my NOX in my truck in an unheated garage and I don't have to NUC it very often at all. I leave my Halo in a box in the bed, I NUC on startup and rarely NUC again during a 20 minute stand.
If it is auto NUCing nonstop and it is close to the same temperature as the environment there is a problem with it and it needs to be sent in and diagnosed..

My xg50 has never done that in 15 months.
As for settings: normally on auto nuc. White hot. Image boost. Brightness and contrast varies per conditions but mostly btwn 0&4/5. Icon brightness on 7. Mode is on the “trees” picture. All other “stuff” is off

I haven’t talked to him again. But yes it would be in a warm truck cab and then going out into the cold.
I am going to start paying attention to letting ours settle in temp and see if they nuc less.

I read somewhere that it helps to power on the scope when you get out of the truck instead of waiting until you get set up. Have him try this and see if it helps. I also have the XG50 and no issues like he is having.

My xg50 has never done that in 15 months.
As for settings: normally on auto nuc. White hot. Image boost. Brightness and contrast varies per conditions but mostly btwn 0&4/5. Icon brightness on 7. Mode is on the “trees” picture. All other “stuff” is off
My boys each have an XG 50 and they NUC a lot but not a pain. We do drive in it hot trucks and then make 15-25 minute stand depending on how cold it is. ;)
My boys have messed a lot with brightness and contrast. It is unbelievable how much difference that can make. Tackett could see two bedded deer heads at about 880 on black hot. Wyatt couldn’t see them at all so we tweaked his and BOOM! Went from nothing to being able to see their ears moving at 880. We even tried weird stuff like Sepia and it was awesomely clear at that range.
If you are a guy that sets it and leaves it you are missing out on great scenery at the least. Best way is to find deer or cows at 1000-2000 yards and get them to pop as clear as possible. Sometimes they run high brightness and low contrast other times they run them low.
Crazy fun stuff is all I know!

Back