NRA chief Wayne LaPierre resigns days before civil corruption trial

About time. I'm a Benefactor Member or something like that but I've been a non-supporter of NRA for a while now because of all the BS associated with WLP. I hope they clean house, reduce the size of the BOD, and start to show me they deserve my money.

Wayne LaPierre Resigning from National Rifle Association …Now What?

AG James hates the NRA as much as she hates Donald Trump and wants to see both buried. Her staff has put together a very solid case that’s cost a lot of time and money. It’s hard to imagine her letting the NRA off the hook at this point. The judge in the case has expressed concern for the NRA members. I don’t think he would allow any settlement that didn’t include substantial reorganization of the Association, including removal of a number of officers and executives and hopefully a total revamp of the NRA Board.
Its hard to dismiss the fact that Letitia James campaigned on the vow to destroy the NRA and we all know how MSM portrays the organization.

Understood, but part of that negative perception is self inflicted. Just look at the membership numbers. We gun owners don't give up the fight lightly.

From that article: "New York Attorney General Letitia James accused LaPierre of gross negligence for allegedly diverting millions from the NRA for personal use, including for designer clothes, private planes and luxury goods. The accusations came at the end of three-year investigation into the NRA in August 2020."

The civil lawsuit is a hack job against the organization as a whole. So I hope that the NRA can fight this suit and prevail. It's amazing how they are trying to tear down the 2nd Amendment at every venue and turn.

A good friend of mine, a Federal Appeals Court Judge, mentioned how the NYSRPA vs. Bruen decision would not make a lot of difference "on the ground." This was very disheartening and from what I have seen, he is mostly right. I wonder how bad it will get.

I saw an ad from NRA-ILA about 4 or 5 years ago of director Cox pushing support for red flag gun confiscation laws to be passed. That is in reality a pro anti-gun agenda. Red Flag laws are right up there with the gun grabbing karens of moms demand action and all the different assorted flavors or marxists.

It alomost as if the NRA was infiltrated and subverted. In the mean time, Firearms Policy Coalition has been doing gods work in defending gun rights.

Last edited:
Back