New to the suppressed world

Spurchaser

Just received my very first, but not last, suppressor in January and can’t believe what I’ve been missing!
Im shooting a Ruger American Predator in .308 with 165gr tipped Core-Lokts. To shoot and hear the impact is a whole different level of cool. The reduced recoil is definitely noticed, even in video. The fact that it’s not “silenced” but yet still doesn’t spook multiple targets as much is really a game changer.
I’m about to order another and a suppressed barrel for the 10/22. I have another rifle coming and I’m gonna take the iRay thermal off the Predator and put it on the new rifle and put my back up thermal on the Predator for anyone that wants to tag along on hunts. The .22 will be put to use on “smaller” pests.
This newfound thrill is beginning to cost a little, lol. Thankful for my second job which is why I got into this anyways.

I avoided them for years, but was pushed over the edge when I stated hunting at night when I learned that people were hearing my shots.

One night in particular, despite being cold enough that doors & windows were closed, 2 different people heard my shots when I was over a hill more than a half mile away.

I have two now, & am trying my damnest to not buy any more.....

I avoided them for years, but was pushed over the edge when I stated hunting at night when I learned that people were hearing my shots.

One night in particular, despite being cold enough that doors & windows were closed, 2 different people heard my shots when I was over a hill more than a half mile away.

I have two now, & am trying my damnest to not buy any more.....
The struggle is real.

Try subsonic ammo if you want real quite. What you are hearing is sound of the bullet breaking the sound barrier. Also, it depends what you are shooting, barrel length and suppressor.

Yeah, I have some subsonic, or should I say had some. While I was in the early stages recovering from a surgery my son took it and sent me a video of him shooting it in my gun with a suppressor like I was waiting on. It basically sounded like a pellet rifle. I would like to say he only shot it a couple of times, and technically he did. The issue arose when everyone that heard about it wanted to shoot it, lol. In fact I need to find out if they ever ordered me anymore!

Back