New Guy Illuminator Recommendation

hunter24605

Hey all! New guy here from SW-VA. Been hunting 40 years and just now getting into the night hunting game. After buying all the equipment, callers, thermal mono for scanning, and a new rifle in 6 ARC, Tripod, etc, a thermal just isn't in the budget right now, so I ended up getting an ATN X-Sight LTV. I want to upgrade the included illuminator. I've narrowed it down to either the ATN Supernova, and the Sniper Hog Light 66 LRX with the 850 Turbo IR, and I'm not sure which is "better", hoping you guys have some insight to point me in the right direction, Open to other suggestions as well. Thanks!

Last edited:
Sniper Hog Lights. The Turbo option is great if you’re looking to really stretch things out. If you’re going to be in tighter setups you may want to stick with the standard LED’s.

Of those, the Sniper Hog light would be better. As for the specific light from them, contact then and see which they recommend for that scope.

What rifle did you buy?
Thanks, the rifle is a Savage 110 Tacatical. I'm waiting on an Arca rail for it. Being as it'll be performing double duty as a hog and coyote rifle, I'm loading the 75 Gr Hammer HHT over X-Terminator.

Sniper Hog Lights. The Turbo option is great if you’re looking to really stretch things out. If you’re going to be in tighter setups you may want to stick with the standard LED’s.

Also, from what I have gathered some scopes will "auto adjust" after a certain "brightness" so you could be just wasting your money with a "brighter" bulb.

Thanks, the rifle is a Savage 110 Tacatical. I'm waiting on an Arca rail for it

Those rifles shoot great. I have a Savage Axis II Heavy barrel in 6mm arc as my main night hunting rifle. Try the HSM 75gr vmaxs. My rifle shoots them well and they have anchored everything I have shot with them.

I'm not sure about auto adjusting with the LTV, I didn't read anything about it in the manual. When I'm back home in Va and hogs are not on the menu, I'll probably load the 75 v max.

I'm not sure about auto adjusting with the LTV, I didn't read anything about it in the manual. When I'm back home in Va and hogs are not on the menu, I'll probably load the 75 v max.
I know a guy that is on the ATN prostaff so he gets to try all their new gadgets. I remember when the LTV came out he said he liked it over the 4k b/c it had a better sensor in it and took less light than the 4K.

Back