Icotec 350+

Doggone

Wondering if a user has first hand knowledge and view on a Icotec 350+.
Running a 300 now and it calls dogs. I am wanting to upgrade to a caller that lets me load different sounds, the 300 is rather limited. Any thoughts would be much appreciated.

Wondering if a user has first hand knowledge and view on a Icotec 350+.
Running a 300 now and it calls dogs. I am wanting to upgrade to a caller that lets me load different sounds, the 300 is rather limited. Any thoughts would be much appreciated.
I just ordered the Icotec Nomad+ unit. I needed a unit with Bluetooth capability and decided on the Icotec line since they offer that feature.

I chose the Nomad for the remote with the screen and the decoy.

I came to the same conclusion on the remote, I ordered a Hellion, best I can tell my decoy from my 300 will fit the Hellion. Not a color match but I doubt the dogs will notice.

I came to the same conclusion on the remote, I ordered a Hellion, best I can tell my decoy from my 300 will fit the Hellion. Not a color match but I doubt the dogs will notice.
You mentioned color and with that in mind I ordered the small fur cover. It think might be a benefit when day calling since the remote is attached to the caller.

Nice, hope you don't see your caller leaving out in a dogs mouth, LOL
I do most of my hunting at night over bait, I have called several at night when the bait was slow, just easing around in my sxs. Just a few years back it was all day-time calling, once I put the decoy on my 300 things really got interesting. I have had dogs try to take the caller, lucky for me I was able to put them down before they got a mouthful. I say luck cause I am not that good of a shot and the dogs would flat be moving coming in for the steal. Good luck with your new toy, might update on what sounds are most productive for ya.

I mostly hunt hogs at night and I got the Nomad unit mainly to run my Glenn Guess hog calls in the Convergent app. My Convergent caller broke and I needed a good bluetooth unit to use those calls since they are proprietary to Convergent. I plan to try some day calling coons also and thought the fur cover might help with that. I am actually looking for a realistic stuffed coon to use too. I saw some guys use one and it worked really well.

I do plan to get back into coyote calling some and I have a Foxpro Shockwave that will be my main unit for calling dogs.

This looks like a ton of fun.

If I looked up your Foxpro correctly at those price points shouldn't be close but it would be neat to know how the 2 units compare. If your coon population is as high as ours you will have some action. Since no one traps anymore our coon population has exploded, they are on our night time hit list.

If I looked up your Foxpro correctly at those price points shouldn't be close but it would be neat to know how the 2 units compare. If your coon population is as high as ours you will have some action. Since no one traps anymore our coon population has exploded, they are on our night time hit list.

Well..... I got the Icotec Nomad+ today and fired it up with some of hog calls and it was a bust. It sounded terrible compared to the Convergent Bullet caller. The calls were reproduced with a very high pitched sound and it sounded like a bunch of screeching critters. Needless to say it is boxed up for a return and I will order another Convergent Bluetooth unit to replace the one that broke.

We sometimes trap the coons because they wear out our game cameras and feeders but I have held off so I can go chase them during the daytime. I am retired so having some day hunting to supplement the night hog and coyote hunting should work well for me.

Well that is no good. I received mine as well. I am out of town so all I know is it was delivered. How did it sound with the Icotec preloaded sounds? My 300 sounds good but there again not a lot to compare it to, has been the death of several dogs and a few cats. Expecting good things out of the Hellion

New question for ya, did you try any hog sounds from the Animal Audio app, several free ones there.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240216_214927_Animal Audio.jpg
    Screenshot_20240216_214927_Animal Audio.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 21
New question for ya, did you try any hog sounds from the Animal Audio app, several free ones there.

The only hog calls I use are the ones developed by Glenn Guess and they are proprietary to the Convergent app. I have been a PM member since 2009 and back in the day Glenn was pretty active on the forums. He pioneered the use of hog calls and he has the videos to back up the results.

Gotcha, just trying to rap my brain around the Icotec, is it not a good sounding caller or just not compatible with your sounds? It will be a few days still before I can actually lay my hands on mine, your post just have me very curious about what I purchased. Hog calling looks like a blast.

Gotcha, just trying to rap my brain around the Icotec, is it not a good sounding caller or just not compatible with your sounds? It will be a few days still before I can actually lay my hands on mine, your post just have me very curious about what I purchased. Hog calling looks like a blast.
I'd appreciate an update on the nomad when you get a chance. Looking at picking one up myself

I do not have a Nomad, I did purchase a Hellion +, if I am not mistaken same caller less the decoy and is black in color. I had a 300 with decoy and it fits the Hellion, love the remote and sound options are tremendous, I am not sure if it is as loud the 300, it is very loud. The quality is good enough, I have only had it out once and called in and killed 3 in an area I had previously hunted and killed coyotes with the 300 although the last couple of trips to this spot had produced nothing, I think the new sounds really helped, I don't regret my purchase.

I have used it (Animal Audio) no problem at all, downloaded on phone moved to sd card using pc, loaded and ran fine, using Android phone.

Back