High volume of visitors

22magnum22

I find it encouraging to see that on a regular basis the number of visitors to Predator Masters is 10 times or more than members. I wonder how much good information these visitors could share with us by just signing up?

I think we are going to see a lot of that, a lot of people interested in predator hunting but don't feel they have anything to contribute YET.

I do feel that the fact that we've kept this sight respectful and family oriented will keep some of them around as they can ask newbie questions and not have tow worry about getting their head bit off.

One thing about not signing in is that you don't have access to the classifieds. Sooner or later most everyone has something to sell or they may need something. GB has ran off tons of people because of their fee structure and half a dozen pop-ups just when your are trying to get to their classified section. I have little use for that site anymore.
And yes to AWS comment about civility on here, we should all be able to use this site to expose family and friends to the pleasures of hunting without having to worry about crude or vulgar language being used in posts or videos.

I see a lot of new members, and a lot more activity since the reboot last fall. Kudos for all of those involved in the revival of this site. The only thing I've found that's not improved is the search function, I can't get any use from it anymore finding info.

I will add this...
Not everyone that shows up as a visitor is here for the good. Plenty of anti's looking for anything they can find too use against us.

My thoughts anyway..

Also a lot of visitors get here as a result of a google search.

Could be current topic like 22 creedmoor they are searching or just “predator hunting”.

We really have no ay to know, other than that they're not bots or search engines. Those are filtered out of the numbers.

They could be members not logged in. Example, an old member who hasn't gotten their login fixed but is still looking around.

They could be people who found something via a search engine & are looking at it.

They could be antis who regularly look for anything they might be able to use for their purposes.

They could be something else, but they're all somebody

We seem to typically run roughly 10% logged in vs not

New member here. I found this site from watching the ONEILLOPS channel on Youtube, and I think they, or someone with a related video, gave your site a mention in one of their video descriptions. Wasn't even looking for hunting videos, but they started playing while I was watching stuff about rifle suppressors.

I'm just a random gun guy and have never learned how to hunt, though have always wanted to. Used to shoot rats, squirrels, and the occasional grackle as a kid using a Daisy Powerline, for what that's worth :LOL:.

I've really enjoyed reading your Predator Hunting 101 subforum so far -- lots of interesting information there.

(Apologies in advance if replying to a weeks-old thread is in breach of board etiquette.)

Welcome, we're glad you stopped in and registered.

Don't worry about replying to weeks-old threads. That tells us you're at least reading and searching and not just dropping new posts all over. There is a ton of useful information in these older posts, and it sometimes serves us all well to bring them back around for another look.

Back