Help Selecting Schmidt & Bender scope

greengt88

Looking for some advice on the different models S&B offers
Mainly deciding between Zenith, Stratos, Exos & Polar
Prefer to stay 50mm on objective, but not opposed to 56mm
Purpose is whitetail deer in dark woods, so light transmission is paramount.
I know the Polar is probably the top, but I am unfamiliar with features of the other models and how they compare to the Polar. Polar is also at top of the budget of $2500
Also need advice on scope rings.
Rifle is a Tikka T3X with 0 MOA Murphy Precision Picatinny Rail.

You might entertain a Nightforce 4x16 ATACR, it would be an outstanding choice for your intended use. I have a couple NX8s that are awesome and the ATACR is a step up in glass quality, will get you well past legal shooting for deer and has Illuminated reticle.

For mounts I'm pretty snobby, I prefer ARC mounts from American rifle company and or Seekins Precision.

Really wanting this rifle to be as Euro as possible, so S&B is the preferred optic choice. Leica Amplus 6 was next. I know Nightforce are great, but from several hours of research I gather they are not the best low light option.
6.5x55 is the caliber so high magnification is not a must. Also prefer lower on the bottom end. 2x or 3x

I have had about every brand of scope that you can imagine. The S & B is my choice if you can afford them. I do have several Nightforces but they are short on the quality of optics in my opinion. I also have several Burris scopes on varmint rifles that do well. I do like the older Lyman's on vintage rifles. My favorite vintage scope is the Bausch & Lomb.

Really wanting this rifle to be as Euro as possible, so S&B is the preferred optic choice. Leica Amplus 6 was next. I know Nightforce are great, but from several hours of research I gather they are not the best low light option.
6.5x55 is the caliber so high magnification is not a must. Also prefer lower on the bottom end. 2x or 3x
I know my friend Kino has suggested a different scope, but you really should understand that the Schmidt and Bender scopes for a hunting rifle is truly overkill. If you want to stay Euro, then possibly a Zeiss, but they can be overpriced.

Love your choice of long action caliber though. That round is a killer.

Meopta Meostar R2 is another option that checks all the blocks for you.

I run a pair of Meopta Meostar B1 15x56 binos for PRS and compared to the same exact spec Swarovski they are better glass.

Back