Foxjack and xr6 problems

Scott L

I have a FoxPro xr6 caller and the foxjack decoy to attatch to it but the decoy will hardly move. After a few minutes it begins to slightly twitch. I called FoxPro about this and they said it was because the caller only uses 4 batteries not 8 like the other calls. I bought an 8 aa battery tray and powered up the decoy and got the same results. Is anyone else experiencing this same behavior from their foxjack decoy?

Scott

Am I the only one with problems with their foxjack decoy? How fast does everyone elses spin and move? Any help will be appreciated.

Scott

Scott,

I have a Shockwave and the Fox Jack 3. The Fox Jack went caput, Called the place I bought it (allpredatorcalls.com) and they have sent me out a no charge replacement. No shipping charges etc..... I will box the old one up and send it back to them so they can recoup their monies from FoxPro.

The problem with mine was? Well, I don't even know? The light on the top would come on but the motor stopped working?

Thanks to AP at allpredatorcalls.com I should have my replacement before this weekends hunt.

Best of luck to you!

not sure which one I have. I bought it last year and it never really worked well. it is the foxjack for the xr6 and fx3 model call.

Scott

Well I removed the foxjack decoy from the xr6 call and put 8 batteries into the aa battery holder I bought and turned the decoy on again and got the same result. I decided to try to take the case apart and as I removed one of the screws my hand hit the on switch and the rod with the decoy on top started spinning around wildly slapping me in the face. I thought that the screws might have been too tight on the motor but the case is just plastic. I tightened the screws while the decoy was running and as I tightened them it abruptly stopped. When I loosened them just a tiny bit it started spinning again but this time I moved out of the way to avoid being slapped by it.

My next question is since this will not be powered by the batteries in the xr6 but a separate battery pack will I damage the call by plugging in the cord from the decoy to the aux. jack so I can turn it on and off via the remote or should I just let it run?

Thanks
Scott

Scott,

I would recommend a little bit of Loctite "Blue" on the screw. This will hold it in place and will still be removable when needed.

Just a thought!

Scott,

I have a Shockwave and the Fox Jack 3. The Fox Jack went caput, Called the place I bought it (allpredatorcalls.com) and they have sent me out a no charge replacement. No shipping charges etc..... I will box the old one up and send it back to them so they can recoup their monies from FoxPro.

The problem with mine was? Well, I don't even know? The light on the top would come on but the motor stopped working?

Thanks to AP at allpredatorcalls.com I should have my replacement before this weekends hunt.

Best of luck to you!
I had the exact same problem just now tonight with my shockwave. The light would come on. The motor wouldn’t. Just used the call two days ago. Worked fine. Figured out that when I changed the battery pack the fox jack came unplugged. And I must have plugged the little 3 prong connector in backwards. I plugged it in yellow wire to yellow wire and it worked properly.

Back