Failed Optical

Stu Farish

Director / Webmaster
Staff member
I've had a Holosun HS507K X2 on my P365XL for a couple of years now. This is my EDC. I Like the HS, need to shoot with it more than I have though.

Well, you can put me in the "had an optical sight failure" group. My Holosun isn't working, I can no longer see the reticle. It has power but simply isn't working right. Will have to send it in. For now I reinstalled the factory rear sight.

Le sigh

I've never dealt with Holosun before but I'm sure they'll take care of it

It does bum me out a bit as I really look to reliability for my EDC gun and a failure does cause some concerns to creep in

I've had no problem with my holosun thus far, knock on wood.
I have a friend who is a police officer and was looking to put one on his duty weapon. He said holosun offers LEO models that are the same as civilian models but undergo more strenuous testing before being sold. Something worth looking into?

They're not great on communication. Never heard anything after they issued the RMA and sent the shipping label.

Site came back today, looks to be working correctly. Nothing in the box with it.

I've got two , both on PSA daggers, one is over a year old with wellover 1k rounds still on the original battery the other only a couple of moths old with maybe 250 rds and last week the original battery died, weird , the original batteries are probably some cheap Chinese crap so no big deal , replaced with Duracell, really like the holosun 407A3 once I got used to it , I'm 67yrs old and can't focus on the frt sight like I used to and now with the red dot my accuracy has improved alot.

Back