Corrupted video??

jmeddy

Thermion xg50
I took two vids last night and the second one can't be opened because it says it is either corrupted or the file type is not supported or incorrect. Has anyone had this happen and is there a way to recover it as it was a very neat interaction of a second coyote with the first one that I had shot as they were standing together.
I tested the scope after seeing this message and it seems to record fine (after not recording the first time I tried it without powering off when I disconnected from the computer).
Thanks in advance, Mike

Had it happen to me Mike, it happens on mine if I power down the scope before I end the recording. To my knowledge there isn’t anything that can be done.

Korey Kirschenman, who used to be a regular here and was a great resource has a program that can restore the video. He does charge a fee to do it, but if it is really something special it might be worth it. He posts on AR15.Com.

Chris, l did not power down cause i was going to look for the runner so not my issue but thanks anyhow.
He's saying if you didn't stop the recording before powering down. Is it possible you were still recording when you looked for the runner and then shut it down without stopping the recording? I've heard this happing to others. I was going to mention Korey, but someone else already beat me to it.

No guarantees, but I could try my hand at repairing it. I’ve been able to repair my own corrupt files but not all issues are the same. I won’t charge you anything if you decide you wanted help. I likely won’t be able to get to it until this weekend sometime.

Well folks, this is a shout out for Bmicek. He offered to try to recover my vid but couldn’t. Nice to do that for a total stranger.
Wish I could’ve worked my magic! For anyone else, if you have a video that is corrupt due to shutting your thermal off before ending your recording, reach out. Historically, those have been the easiest for me to fix.

Wish I could’ve worked my magic! For anyone else, if you have a video that is corrupt due to shutting your thermal off before ending your recording, reach out. Historically, those have been the easiest for me to fix.
I had one from the other night when the stand got fast paced. I snagged the external power supply cord and unplugged it. Once I download it to the computer do you mind taking a look at it?

I had one from the other night when the stand got fast paced. I snagged the external power supply cord and unplugged it. Once I download it to the computer do you mind taking a look at it?
Yep absolutely. I’ll send you a message. I need you to send me the corrupt file, as well as a “good” file.

Back