Colorado Wolves Likely To Cross Into Wyoming Within Weeks Where They Can Be Shot

Foxpro.223

Like the title says.

There’s no telling when wolves from Colorado will cross the state line into Wyoming. But it’s bound to happen, and it could happen soon, a wolf watcher said.

“If I had a crystal ball, what do I think? I think that sometime within the next four to six weeks, we’ll have one cross, or maybe a couple cross over,” Colorado resident John Michael Williams said.

“And I think we’ll see some of them getting shot,” he added.
Wolf Tracker

Williams is a Colorado native who lives in the Colorado Springs area. He recently founded and administers the “Colorado Wolf Tracker” Facebook page, which quickly gained thousands of followers.

It’s become a clearinghouse for information and lively discussions (and sometimes heated debates) regarding ten wolves that were reintroduced into Colorado in December.

Williams credits pressure from the public for the Colorado Parks and Wildlife (CPW) Department agreeing to routinely release maps of the wolves’ whereabouts.

Maps Give A Broad Picture

Those maps are frequently posted on the wolf tracker page. And the most recent maps indicate that wolves have been moving into Jackson County, Colorado, near the state line in the Walden, Colorado area.

Back