cleaning suppressor

I have the Banish 30. They recommend every 100 rds., but I suspect I'm closer to 200 most times. I do however try to regularly loosen and tighten the extra 2" piece that allows it to be 9 inches instead of 7 and has 2 additional baffles. In the past I have had trouble breaking that apart if I waited too long, so I try to do that pretty often. My cleaning procedure is as follows: I mix CLR and water half and half in a ziplock bag and put all the baffles in it. Then I put that in my Ultrasonic cleaner with the heat on and run it for about 30 minutes. While that is running I mix hot water and CLR 50/50 again and put a rubber plug in the bottom of the suppressor. I fill it to the top (standing vertically of course) with the 2" piece screwed back on. I then put the end piece on and plug that with another rubber plug and let it sit while the baffles are cleaning. I do not put the tube in the Ultrasonic. The baffles come out sparking clean, and I run a rag through the tube after dumping it to finish cleaning the inside.

I should add that Korey Kirschenmann turned me on this method and it has worked super well.

Google your question, you'll find hours of reading.

Thunder Beast recommends weighing your can when new, and cleaning when the weight has gained 2-3 ounces.

I have the Banish 30. They recommend every 100 rds., but I suspect I'm closer to 200 most times. I do however try to regularly loosen and tighten the extra 2" piece that allows it to be 9 inches instead of 7 and has 2 additional baffles. In the past I have had trouble breaking that apart if I waited too long, so I try to do that pretty often. My cleaning procedure is as follows: I mix CLR and water half and half in a ziplock bag and put all the baffles in it. Then I put that in my Ultrasonic cleaner with the heat on and run it for about 30 minutes. While that is running I mix hot water and CLR 50/50 again and put a rubber plug in the bottom of the suppressor. I fill it to the top (standing vertically of course) with the 2" piece screwed back on. I then put the end piece on and plug that with another rubber plug and let it sit while the baffles are cleaning. I do not put the tube in the Ultrasonic. The baffles come out sparking clean, and I run a rag through the tube after dumping it to finish cleaning the inside.

I should add that Korey Kirschenmann turned me on this method and it has worked super well.
So I got about 500 rounds into my banish with 300 win mag, 6.5 creed, 223, and 22-250 and that sucker is basically welded shit haha. I was thinking about plugging the end cap and getting some CLR inside to maybe clean it up a bit. The carbon weights not really piling up yet but I’d like to get it apart at some point.

I’ve used your same method of cleaning but just had a hayday of shooting and hunting this year. Probably should have unscrewed it 400 rounds ago.

Yep, I had the same problem first time I cleaned it after waiting way too long. I ended up having to send it in to Mack Brothers for them to break it apart. They were very reasonable and quick turn-around. That's the reason I loosen and tighten that 2" piece pretty often just to keep the threads from sticking. Preventive maintenance!

Yep, I had the same problem first time I cleaned it after waiting way too long. I ended up having to send it in to Mack Brothers for them to break it apart. They were very reasonable and quick turn-around. That's the reason I loosen and tighten that 2" piece pretty often just to keep the threads from sticking. Preventive maintenance!
Do you see any issue with just shooting it until POI starts getting effected?

You will have to ask someone who knows more about them than I do. Mack Brothers could probably answer that question. You might be able to break that 2" section loose if you plug the barrel end and fill it with warm water and CLR in a 50/50 ratio. Screw the end cap all the way off, and fill it all the way to the top. Replace the end cap and plug it would be my suggestion. I have always greased my threads good when putting it back together since my initial foul-up. If you can't break it apart, it will probably need some good washing as I'm sure it has a lot of carbon built up in it.

Google your question, you'll find hours of reading.

Thunder Beast recommends weighing your can when new, and cleaning when the weight has gained 2-3 ounces.
I've never cleaned any of my 6 center fire suppressors. Never, and the oldest one is 12 or 13 years old.
I agree completely that you should weigh them new...but even after all these years, and about a decade of shooting matches...my first Tbac has not gained 2 oz.
Cleaning a centerfire suppressor is like taking a shower every time you take a wizz. Sure it stays clean...but it's probably not dirty anyway.

You guys are far luckier than me. 25 rounds thru thru my new suppressor rifle shooting 3 inches low, cleaned the suppressor right back where it should be. So I will clean mine after 25.

I've never cleaned any of my 6 center fire suppressors. Never, and the oldest one is 12 or 13 years old.
I agree completely that you should weigh them new...but even after all these years, and about a decade of shooting matches...my first Tbac has not gained 2 oz.
Cleaning a centerfire suppressor is like taking a shower every time you take a wizz. Sure it stays clean...but it's probably not dirty anyway.
While I agree with you on the center fire can not needing clean per se. I don’t think it hurts anything to clean your can. I will clean my cans every once in awhile just to do
It and remove Carbon buildup even thou it doesn’t have to be done.

Back