Bobcat on a drag

That’s awesome but the whole reason I’d never use a drag. Who knows how far it’s going to get or what direction it went. last thing I need is it to get to some public area, or tree hugger finds it, and makes the channel 9 news. No thanks!

Fairly large private acreage on the properties I trap. I knew he couldn’t “shouldn’t” go far. He’s actually the farthest anything has gone. I normally prehook the drag, but in that set there was nothing to hook too. I’ve had a full grown coyote move it all of 3ft with the drag just buried in the broomsedge.
I carry my spare thermal I use as a scanner for those before sunrise checks just in case, lol.

That’s awesome but the whole reason I’d never use a drag. Who knows how far it’s going to get or what direction it went. last thing I need is it to get to some public area, or tree hugger finds it, and makes the channel 9 news. No thanks!
Back when we could use footholds I always used a drag but also staked them too. They were always a prize and I made sure they didn't get away.

I own private property I trap on and I still wouldn’t do because it with my luck they would make it over to the neighbors or the public road. Good idea to use for a back up if they pull the stake out though. I lost a coon cuff last year.

A coon in a DP? What was it anchored with? I either cable mine to a tree or use an earth anchor. In swampy areas I can push the anchor in by hand and pull by hand. Never had a coon pull anything up, they just run side to side. I have used brake rotors as anchors before and haven’t had anything move one yet, lol.

Back