Black Coyotes?

I called in this one and his mate at the same time. I shot him facing me, but must have hit a little too far to the right and never found him. His mate was black, but had a white spot on it's chest. A neighbor killed it during deer season chasing a doe.

black coyote.jpg

I called in this one and his mate at the same time. I shot him facing me, but must have hit a little too far to the right and never found him. His mate was black, but had a white spot on it's chest. A neighbor killed it during deer season chasing a doe.

View attachment 6130
That sucks! I don’t believe they make them much blacker than that one! I’ve never seen a true “black” coyote. Closest has been an odd dark, chocolate brown that I posted a picture of earlier in this thread.

That sucks! I don’t believe they make them much blacker than that one! I’ve never seen a true “black” coyote. Closest has been an odd dark, chocolate brown that I posted a picture of earlier in this thread.
Yup. Whenever I shot him, he fell and rolled. I found one spot of blood and a chunk of meat. I was shooting a .223 with 60gr Hornady interlocks b/c I used that rifle for deer the previous season and just never sighted it in with my coyote rounds. I looked for him for two days, but never found him and he never showed back up. I was going to do at least a shoulder mount and possibly a full body.

Back