Bering Super Yoter LRF battery options

Pdogr93

Recently got a Super Yoter LRF that came with a Night Snipe 10k mah battery pack as a deal on some predstor hunting website. I emailed Bering regarding this battery pack and they said it would be fine as long as the pack is 5v DC and to use the 2.1a port. They also said that the optic should be set to 3v in the battery settings. Well there is no 3v battery setting on the Super Yoter LRF. Only various AA battery types 1.2-1.5v deppending if li-ion or akaline, etc. Im sure this pack would be fine, but the manual doesnt stipulate what specs external power should be or any warnings. It also warns against using anything more than 1.2-1.5v power as it could result in over powering the thermal.

I looked into the NG TRB but it seems its been discontinued.

Would like to get insights from someone who knows more about thermals than i do before i mess up my $4700 toy.

I use the cheap 10,000 mah anker battery packs off Amazon and have never had an issue. One fully charged will last an entire night from dusk till dawn in freezing temps

I use the cheap 10,000 mah anker battery packs off Amazon and have never had an issue. One fully charged will last an entire night from dusk till dawn in freez
Order a battery extender for 16650 batteries. Buy 2 sets of batteries & hunt all night.
I would but the manual says I cant use those with the SY LRF. voltage is too high.
I use the cheap 10,000 mah anker battery packs off Amazon and have never had an issue. One fully charged will last an entire night from dusk till dawn in freezing temps
I thought about getting one of those. Just wanted to make sure it was safe to use. How long have you used one?

I’ve used it since the day I got my SY35. Over a year. Hundreds of hours. I have never had an issue. My partner has a SY35 and uses the thinner longer 5,000 mah anker batteries of Amazon with no issues either. Using actually batteries in these scopes is a waste of time.

I emailed Bering at the end of the week. I will reply to this thread when i receive a response. For now ill just make do with the lithium ion batteries that came with the thermal for now.

If you are using rechargeable cr 123 they are 3.7 volts when recharged they reach 4,0 to 4.2 volts' 16650 are 3.7 volts or 4.0 to 4.2 what's the difference. I use them in my Hogster. Your choice. The super yoters I have seen use cr 123. Maybe yours is different.

If you are using rechargeable cr 123 they are 3.7 volts when recharged they reach 4,0 to 4.2 volts' 16650 are 3.7 volts or 4.0 to 4.2 what's the difference. I use them in my Hogster. Your choice. The super yoters I have seen use cr 123. Maybe yours is different.
That would be fine. However, the super yoter LRF uses AA not cr123. The voltages are very different. If i had a thermal with cr123s, then thos would be a non issue

Yes, the design was changed for the SY LRF to use 4 AA batteries, so the 16650 batteries and extender will not work in that unit. To the OP, your concerns about the external battery pack are unfounded. As long as it has an output of 5volts it will be fine, and pretty sure it does. You could always check the output with a meter just to ease your concerns.

I was considering a Super Yoter for my next thermal however, the battery issue steered me in another direction. They're supposed to be great scopes.

Back