Back ground check question

bobeano

I called ATF last week asking about status on my Suppressor. I am at a yr on one and 8 months on another. I was on hold for 30mins, and a lady picked up.
i asked stauts on the year one,she looks at someting and says it on FBI background check hold. i asked if it the same back ground check as buying a gun.
She says yes. i say well ive bought a few guns over last cpl years and they all come back good in 15mins or less.
Says all she can see it status and FBI dosnt share how long been on hold or why.

So my question is
Did she give me just the standard answer?
Are all on FBI background check hold once they get them?
Are the back ground checks the same since you give finger prints for the suppressor back ground check and not firearms?

They (lawmakers) need to fix this issue. Yes, I agree with routine background checks. Far too many illegals and felons in our midst currently. But these wait times are absurd .......

I read somewhere recently (one of the silencer outlets) that paper requests are taking forever, but if filed on the newer e-forms the time is drastically reduced. How was yours filed?

They (lawmakers) need to fix this issue. Yes, I agree with routine background checks. Far too many illegals and felons in our midst currently. But these wait times are absurd .......

I read somewhere recently (one of the silencer outlets) that paper requests are taking forever, but if filed on the newer e-forms the time is drastically reduced. How was yours filed?
Thru silencer shop kiosk

Illegals and felons don't buy guns, they steal them!

Yeah, see how silencer central sell suppressors and that’s what this thread is about, it wasn’t a thermal. Brain wasn’t functioning right, lol.

Back