Ar15-Flow through vs traditional suppressors

One of you (skinney) who pays the SOT should get your hands on the new line of VENT suppressors from PTR. Saw them at SHOT this year and talked to Mike the engineer who designed them. 3d printed flow through design, EXCEPT, also uses Purposely Induced Porosity aka metal foam. This was probably the coolest thing I saw at SHOT.

They claim both low back pressure and high sound suppression due the unique design (7 patents on the design). Pew Science tests seem to indicate their claims are accurate:

PTR VENT TEST

I'm not associated with PTR in any way. I just thought I'd pass along the development.

One of you (skinney) who pays the SOT should get your hands on the new line of VENT suppressors from PTR. Saw them at SHOT this year and talked to Mike the engineer who designed them. 3d printed flow through design, EXCEPT, also uses Purposely Induced Porosity aka metal foam. This was probably the coolest thing I saw at SHOT.

They claim both low back pressure and high sound suppression due the unique design (7 patents on the design). Pew Science tests seem to indicate their claims are accurate:

PTR VENT TEST

I'm not associated with PTR in any way. I just thought I'd pass along the development.
Interesting

PTR VENT TEST

Jay Idgris aka Pew Science and I have chatted on the Phone and quite often on IG, we were gonna meet up at Shot, but me being a Rancher is sometimes tough to get away, especially during killing season.
Anyway, he is going to be doing a podcast with us, and I will be covering the subject on these "kind" of suppressors.

PTR VENT TEST

I'm not associated with PTR in any way. I just thought I'd pass along the develo

PTR VENT TEST

I saw that.. seems solid. I think they said 1500?

If you're willing to tune down the gas, then you don't need flow through. When i was looking for a can i noticed some of the flow throughs had round count limits before it would get clogged up, which was a turn off for me.

Flow through have good at ear numbers on untuned guns versus traditional cans with higher back pressure. If you turn down the gas then you won't have those high at ear numbers.

If you're willing to tune down the gas, then you don't need flow through. When i was looking for a can i noticed some of the flow throughs had round count limits before it would get clogged up, which was a turn off for me.

Flow through have good at ear numbers on untuned guns versus traditional cans with higher back pressure. If you turn down the gas then you won't have those high at ear numbers.
Thank you... thats what I was wondering... I'm going to order one next Wednesday

Back