A Leapday coyote

jmeddy

Sorry, no vid as this happened toooo fast. 3rd set of a 4 set night.
Feeling really tired I almost talked myself out of walking to the top of this ridge in a questionable wind to make the 1 set that it provided and has never produced. This is about a 2 acre pasture in a saddle surrounded by woods and dropping off hard to both sides. I had the call at my 10:30 about 60yds out hoping responders from the east to north might not smell me if coming to the call.
Played a low mouse for about 2 min then med woodpecker and by the time my scan went from left to right (less than 45 deg) there were 2 hard chargers coming out of the thick from the NE less than 200yds.. Muted and by the time I got into the gun they were about 30 from the call and retreating. I howled and the back one stopped at about 80yds. long enough for a shot. The other one hit the afterburners. Stayed in set for 45min more with no takers. Male that was really rubbbed out. 9:58pm around the 3min mark. He made it about 30-40yds with both lungs punched out. Still amazes me!

Attachments

• IMG_2687.jpg
    IMG_2687.jpg
    152.8 KB · Views: 54
Good going Mike. I agree that one won't win you any awards in the beautiful coyote category, but dead is still dead.

Back